• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/12 GDT : Panthers 3 at Red Wings 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

PANTHERS (11-8-7) at RED WINGS (17-6-6)

TV: FS-D, FS-F

Season series: Vincent Trocheck (one goal, two assists) and Jimmy Hayes (one goal, one assist) led the way to victory for the Florida Panthers in the first game. Center Pavel Datsyuk had a goal and assist for the Detroit Red Wings.

Panthers team scope: Rather than sinking to the bottom of the NHL standings as many predicted, the Panthers are hanging around the Stanley Cup Playoffs picture in the Eastern Conference. They've alternated wins and losses in their past six games (3-2-1) and lost 4-2 on Monday at the St. Louis Blues to start a three-game road trip. Rookie defensemanAaron Ekblad, who is on a five-game point streak, missed practice Thursday because of soreness. He and coach Gerard Gallant told reporters it was nothing to worry about. Injured forwards Scottie Upshall (ankle) and Aleksander Barkov (groin and hand) practiced Thursday in Detroit. Upshall might be ready to face the Red Wings and Barkov is targeting a possible return next week. Defenseman Shane O'Brien was recalled Thursday from San Antonio of the American Hockey League.

Red Wings team scope: Detroit is coming off a 2-1 shootout loss Wednesday against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The defeat snapped a three-game win streak for the Red Wings, who've used a 11-3-2 stretch in their past 16 games to surge to the upper crust of the Atlantic Division and Eastern Conference. Forward Justin Abdelkader (shoulder) practiced Thursday, but coach Mike Babcock said his return isn't likely until next week, and the Red Wings placed him on injured reserve, retroactive to Nov. 30. After practice, Babcock shot down reports that he was close to signing a contract extension, saying he isn't likely to sign an extension during the season. Defenseman Danny DeKeyser has an upper-body injury that will keep him out for at least this weekend. Defenseman Xavier Ouellet was recalled Thursday from Grand Rapids of the AHL.

Uh ohhhhhhhh

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/12/young_defenseman_xavier_ouelle.html

Per KAHN!!!!!!!!

Here are the anticipated lines and defense pairs:

Gustav Nyquist - Henrik Zetterberg - Tomas Jurco

Tomas Tatar - Pavel Datsyuk - Darren Helm

Johan Franzen - Riley Sheahan - Stephen Weiss

Drew Miller - Luke Glendening - Joakim Andersson

On defense:

Jonathan Ericsson - Niklas Kronwall

Brendan Smith - Kyle Quincey

Xavier Ouellet - Jakub Kindl

In goal:

Jimmy Howard (starting)

Petr Mrazek

Edited by rick zombo

Go Wings! My wedding rehearsal is today so it looks like this will be the first game of the year I miss. Hopefully last game against Florida taught them something and they come out and crush 'em tonight.

What?!!! You're missing a Wings game for a stupid trivial little wedding rehearsal. What's wrong with you???

:lol: :lol:

Congrats.

Don't wedding rehearsals only really matter for the bride, groom, maid of honor, and best man? The key is to be the third in line, and then just follow the guy in front of you, stand there, and look handsome. You really don't have to do anything else.

EDIT: Ahh, he is the groom. I guess you sorta have to be there then. Be sure to take your smart phone though. I mean, don't wedding reherseals only really matter to the bride and her mom anyway?

Edited by kipwinger

What?!!! You're missing a Wings game for a stupid trivial little wedding rehearsal. What's wrong with you???

:lol: :lol:

Congrats.

Right? I try explaining to her the importance of me seeing ALL Wings games but apparently "our wedding is more important". Sounds ridiculous.

Thanks!

Don't wedding rehearsals only really matter for the bride, groom, maid of honor, and best man? The key is to be the third in line, and then just follow the guy in front of you, stand there, and look handsome. You really don't have to do anything else.

EDIT: Ahh, he is the groom. I guess you sorta have to be there then. Be sure to take your smart phone though. I mean, don't wedding reherseals only really matter to the bride and her mom anyway?

Oh, you can bet I'll be sneaking looks at LGW.

Let's Go wings.

Hey! Congratulations man!

Thank you.

I can't believe that I'm really starting to hate this team. Their "fans" on Twitter are saying that they "own the Joe" because they've won the past 3 visits there....LoL. I really would love like a 5-0 or 6-0 blowout. This team is really starting to annoy me. Go Wings!

I can't believe that I'm really starting to hate this team. Their "fans" on Twitter are saying that they "own the Joe" because they've won the past 3 visits there....LoL. I really would love like a 5-0 or 6-0 blowout. This team is really starting to annoy me. Go Wings!

Wait. Florida? Fans? What?

Congrats Wheelchairsuperhero!

Hope the Wings get it done tonight, make up for that poor showing against these clowns last time. Great to see XO back in the lineup. LGW!

Wait. Florida? Fans? What?

We should just be impressed that many people over the age of 60 can use Twitter.

So all 4 of them are owning the Joe laughs