• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Rank our griffins d prospects

Rate this topic

Im thinking pretty soon were gonna have to make some moves at d in detroit involving our guys in Grand Rapids

(backman,marchenko ,ouellet ,sproul and jensen)

How you rank them? (the last 2 probably not having a future here)

I'd say ... 1- ouellet 2- sproul 3- marchenko 4- jensen 5- backman

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I agree with you. As a complete defensive rating.

But offensively I rate sproul #1.

I'm worried about marchenko though , with him being young and Russian always a chance he bails to the khl

I don't really want to rank them, but Backman is going to surprise people. That's all I have on this.

I was really high on him because he's swedish and I can't help but pay attention to every swede we have but I don't know anymore about backman but I hope your right

I'm worried about marchenko though , with him being young and Russian always a chance he bails to the khl

I was really high on him because he's swedish and I can't help but pay attention to every swede we have but I don't know anymore about backman but I hope your right

How often does this actually happen? In reality? Not that much. We've seen a couple major russian stars bolt bc of money thrown at them, but that kind of thing doesn't happen with guys like Gonchar or Tyutin. So unless Marchenko proves he is the next Fetisov tomorrow, I don't see any real reason to be worried about this at the moment. When he starts dominating the NHL and makes a major name for himself I'll start to slightly worry. Emphasis on slightly. After all Datsyuk and the Red Wings have been loyal to each other for years. Red Wings have always done a pretty good job of treating their stars right and keeping them here. Doubt that changes tomorrow. And I'm not surprised Russians bolted from the jokes that are NJ and Nashville. I'd bolt from their too if I was Russian.

If he can fill out and add a good amount of muscle, which I think he will, he'll be solid. Whether it's for us or not, I do believe he has a future in the NHL.

I am so torn on this. Obviously Ouellet is the most NHL ready right now and I think that Sproul has all the tools to be an absolute stud in this league if he puts things together (which I'm not sure that he is) - I originally hoped that Sproul could be a Weber-Lite.

But I have to say that Jensen is probably the guy for me. When I watch the Griffins live he always stands out for me at ice level. He is lightning fast and moves the puck very well. He seems like a Duncan Keith-Lite type player in my eyes when I watch him. I just think he could be a very reliable player in our system and his game will translate well to the NHL.

Backman is the kind of player that you won't know what will happen until he play in the NHL. He will either light it up or he will shy away from the physicality of the game. He is fairly tall but isn't very bulky/heavy. I have no idea how well he will transition - wild card.

Marchenko is probably the guy I am lowest on. He just doesn't really dominate in any one facet of the game (he is okay at pretty much everything). I see a RH Ericsson in him sort of. He hasn't been quite the same for me since the ankle injury. That being said - I still like him a lot!

dirtydangles, I couldn't agree more, on all points. That's pretty much exactly how I feel on all 5 guys. Ouellet and Jensen, to me are the most NHL ready right now. We've all seen what Ouellet can do, he is a very reliable, well rounded defenseman. Jensen is a smooth skating, puck moving defenseman that is great on both sides of the puck. Sproul has the highest ceiling, and although he is somewhat struggling right now, I really see him bringing it by the new year. I agree that Backman has the potential to surprise, but he's still a few years away in my opinion. Love the Marchenko to Ericsson comparison, that's exactly who I've been comparing him to as well.

1 = The last one I'd want to trade

5 = The first one I'd want to trade

1. Sproul
  2. Ouellet
  3. Backman
  4. Marchenko
  5. Jensen

I agree that Sproul is pretty much off the table considering his skill set and his RH shot - His value is higher to our team than any other considering our needs. However, he really needs to start putting his game together and stand out in the AHL soon or this might change. Considering he is supposed to be our most offensively gifted Dman he has put up less points than Ouellet, Jensen, and Marchenko and has only one more point than Backman all the while getting solid time on the PP. I have to say I am starting to get worried that he might not put it together by the time his ELC is up at the end of next season.

Theyre reporting that Bäckman might be on the way back home to Sweden now???

I just read this. Honestly, it seems more like speculation than anything. The articles are saying that "discussions are underway". Maybe I just have trust issues with journalists right now, but until I read something more concrete...

Yeah I just found this link. Here, It sounds much more speculative. The other article cites this one so I think some bad journalism just turned it into a sure thing.

Last line (google translate): According to Correns' data, the LHC clearly first in line if Bäckman flight home.

Well I doubt he'd go anywhere else so that line isn't untrue. It says further up that he is very unhappy with the situation in Grand Rapids right now and I really wonder if there's anything to that.

He might be unhappy, but European newspaper are notoriously bad at actually reporting facts. They basically say "we want this to happen so we're going to report it like it's actually a possibility." It sounds more like the "___ really wants to come to Toronto" stuff we see out of the media there.

Future Detroit Players: Oulette, Jensen, Sproul ( in that order)

Possible Trade bait: Marchenko, Nedomlel, Backman(and these depend on waiver exemptions)

Not including our "unsigned" draft picks... damn I missed Red Wings Central. Anyone have any news on McKee? Also, within the next three years of dropping Kindl and Quincey, I can see possibly Smith being dealt to make room for the three above. Along with keeping a Lashoff-type guy at #7. I doubt Ericsson gets traded, but I wouldn't mind that either.

Kronwall - Ericsson

Dekeyser - Jensen

Ouellet - Sproul

Looks like a good future to me.

Future Detroit Players: Oulette, Jensen, Sproul ( in that order)

Possible Trade bait: Marchenko, Nedomlel, Backman(and these depend on waiver exemptions)

Not including our "unsigned" draft picks... damn I missed Red Wings Central. Anyone have any news on McKee? Also, within the next three years of dropping Kindl and Quincey, I can see possibly Smith being dealt to make room for the three above. Along with keeping a Lashoff-type guy at #7. I doubt Ericsson gets traded, but I wouldn't mind that either.

Kronwall - Ericsson

Dekeyser - Jensen

Ouellet - Sproul

Looks like a good future to me.

McKee is being used as a forward this year.

And I have this nagging feeling that Sproul's going to be a bust. Man, I hope I'm wrong.

I also wish capgeek.com would put the icon back up showing if a player is waiver exempt that he had during training camp. If anyone knows him on a personal level, ask him if that is possible to do.

McKee a forward? Wow, that could be interesting. He a huge body that could become a net front presence. I know he sat a bit more than he played last season, so maybe this is a good thing to move him up.