• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/13 GDT : Red Wings 1 @ Maple Leafs 4 *MOD WARNING POST 198*

Rate this topic

We are in a 3 game losing streak, where 2 of the 3 losses were in the shootout and the team we lost to twice is the hottest team in hockey in their last 10 games. It happens. If a 3 game losing streak is the worst of our problems, this is a pretty damn good season!

I think every poster on this board would take the position we are in right now if it was told to them before the season. We cant go 82-0, losing streaks will happen. As long as the winning streaks out way the losing streaks, we will be okay.

Exactly. Not to mention the Wings absolutely dominated the first shootout loss, and it was just more bad luck than anything. Not like they played bad against Florida either. As for last night, I chalk that up to being the 3rd of 3 games in 4 nights. It happens. The team will be fine.

Guest DeGraa55

Those terrible Leafs just won again, in a shootout. They now have 18 wins and are only two points behind Detroit with a game in hand. But we're so much better than them.

I always thought it crazy when people here said that.

But one thing I think people are forgetting is about the parity. Ya some people like it or hate it. But I mean there's like 10 teams that are close in talent.

You go on a hot streak like we did or Toronto is now of course you're going to sky rocket in the standings.

But all that matters is where we are after 82 games. There will be lots of ups and downs it's just about getting hot at the right time.

Those terrible Leafs just won again, in a shootout. They now have 18 wins and are only two points behind Detroit with a game in hand. But we're so much better than them.

Long season and the Leafs are on a hot streak. It's not sustainable the way they play defense. Besides, we saw the Leafs do this last season too and how did that play out? They should have easily buried the Wings in March and couldn't despite Detroit having no one healthy.

We are better than the Leafs. In almost every way.

Goals Against, PK%, PP%.

They only have us beat in goals for. They’re #1 in the league. But they’re a run and gun team with bad defence (#20 in goals against). That is, ultimately, losing hockey.