• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/19 GDT : Islanders 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Babock on Howard: He's hurt.

Reporter: How long?

Babcock: Coach. Doctor. The doctorate they gave me was honorary.

Just when you think that this team has finally figured it out, and Kenny might actually know what he's doing-they have a stretch like this and prove that what we were all thinking in the first place was true.

I'm not totally sure on the numbers but it seemed like so far this season they've relied disproportionately on PP goals.

Babock on Howard: He's hurt.

Reporter: How long?

Babcock: Coach. Doctor. The doctorate they gave me was honorary.

Gotta love Babs. :lol:

Good news is that Z is playing significantly better. I still wonder if some of the players are playing through the flu.

Yes we lost cause of Franzen.

Not exclusively because of Franzen obviously, but it would be nice if he could contribute anything offensively for a team struggling to score goals. Because what else does Franzen bring when he isn't a goal-scorer? 0 goals in 13 games and a minus 9 is atrocious. That's not streaky -- it's not competing hard enough as a player.

Guest DeGraa55

Not exclusively because of Franzen obviously, but it would be nice if he could contribute anything offensively for a team struggling to score goals. Because what else does Franzen bring when he isn't a goal-scorer? 0 goals in 13 games and a minus 9 is atrocious. That's not streaky -- it's not competing hard enough as a player.

Don't worry he wil get his 20-25 goals then the same people defending him will continue to keep talking. But where are they now? ...

This team is doing about what I expected. They've got the talent to be competitive but they still are missing a key player or two.

Wait until the kids get hot again then we will be on another good run.

Don't worry he wil get his 20-25 goals then the same people defending him will continue to keep talking. But where are they now? ...

This team is doing about what I expected. They've got the talent to be competitive but they still are missing a key player or two.

Doubt it. Franzen stinks and will cost us the season.

He's been off.

when he is on, he wins games almost single handedly.

Just because some people choose not to look solely at the bad things doesn't mean were defending him as a great player.

Just when you think that this team has finally figured it out, and Kenny might actually know what he's doing-they have a stretch like this and prove that what we were all thinking in the first place was true.

Well that's the typical season of playoff contenders, they'll put together win and losing streaks but lack consistency.

The problem with the steak right now is these should have been easier points non of the teams are powerhouses and the Isles, Leafs are direct competitors for a playoff spot.

Edited by frankgrimes

Well that's the typical season of playoff contenders, they'll put together win and losing streaks but lack consistency. The problem with the steak right now is these did have been easier points now of the teams are powerhouses and the Isles, Leafs are direct competitors for a playoff spot.

Yeah, but to also be fair, if this team had their act together in the shootout-the streak would actually be good. Alas in the shootout it seems the players have their hands growing out of their collective asses. Edited by wings87

Guest DeGraa55

for drafting Ouellet in the first place and, generally, managing our prospects pretty well over the last 16 years.

Thats what you were thanking him for, right?

I've said many times his drafting is the best in te business.

But his free agent signings are decent and trades and roster management is quite poor.

The fact that Babcock wants ouellette and holland won't keep him on the team blows my mind.