• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/19 GDT : Islanders 2 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

You were bashing Jimmy for something he didn't do. Mrazek made a save and you said Jimmy wouldn't make it.

I have no problem criticizing Jimmy for his actual play, but now you're criticizing him for saves he wouldn't make while he's on the bench?

Bashing? Jimmy is not as quick and gives up a ton of rebounds. And yes...IMO I don't think Jimmy could make that based on what I have seen on his athletic ability. No bashing, just an assessment.

Brutal play by Riley, but is Big Rig on the ice for every Wing goal against lately or does it just feel that way?

Not sure. I wouldn't fault E for that one. He made a quick pass but it was on Sheahan's stick. Riley just took that extra second you don't really have when you're coming up the middle. A sign of inexperience.

Bashing? Jimmy is not as quick and gives up a ton of rebounds. And yes...IMO I don't think Jimmy could make that based on what I have seen on his athletic ability. No bashing, just an assessment.

Yes bashing. When you say a goalie wouldn't have made a save, and he's not even in the game. It's a baseless comment.

Like I said, I have no problem criticizing Jimmy for his actual play. But there's no way we could know what Jimmy would've done there. He's let in bad goals, but he's also come up huge.

I just don't' understand criticizing him for something that he wasn't even involved in.

Yes bashing. When you say a goalie wouldn't have made a save, and he's not even in the game. It's a baseless comment.

Like I said, I have no problem criticizing Jimmy for his actual play. But there's no way we could know what Jimmy would've done there. He's let in bad goals, but he's also come up huge.

I just don't' understand criticizing him for something that he wasn't even involved in.

I see. So we can't compare Goalies to other Goalies because that would be bashing based on the fact that they aren't playing side by side, in real time. Got it.

Also, when we were winning regularly Babs seemed to roll the 4th line much more frequently and lately that hasn't been the case as much. I wouldn't mind letting them set the tone a bit - When Weiss gets back I'd really like to see that Miller-Glen-Jurco line again that was producing.

I see. So we can't compare Goalies to other Goalies because that would be bashing based on the fact that they aren't playing side by side, in real time. Got it.

No, you're misrepresenting what I've said to try and justify your baseless claim.

You weren't comparing goalies, you were stating definitively that Howard wouldn't have made that save. You have no idea what Howard would've done. Maybe he would've tripped on his stick, fallen on his butt and the puck hits him in the back of the head. Who knows?

I have zero problem comparing goalies. I'm talking about you specifically stating that Howard would not have made that save. No one in this universe has any idea what would've happened if Howard had been in net there. I'm not sure how I can make this any simpler.

Well the lines better be changed in the 3rd because I am sick of watching these lines producing nothing for 5 games now! Babcock is a great coach but he can be so hard headed sometimes!! Wings better be much better in the 3rd because that effort was pathetic.