• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

12/27 GDT: Red Wings 3 @ Senators 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Go Wings! Any word on Kronwall?

Ansar Khan@AnsarKhanMLive 23m

Weiss said he's been cleared and is ready to play tonight. Kronwall feels good but said he needs to be cleared by the doctor tonight.

Lines:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Tatar-Sheahan-Weiss

Franzen-Helm-Nyquist

Miller-Glendening-Jurco

Looks like Andersson, Cleary scratched

***UPDATED based on Khan's mlive article***

On Defense:

Kronwall-Ericsson

Quincey-DeKeyser

Smith-Kindl

Lashoff scratched.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/12/jimmy_howard_back_in_goal_as_d.html#incart_river

What exactly does Kindl have to do to lose his spot in the lineup? He almost singlehandedly lost the game for the Wings last time he played.

Edited by haroldsnepsts
update

Awesome GDT! FlashyG with a masterpiece as always. It's been far too long.

Let's Go Wings! Glad to hear Weiss is playing, hopefully Kronwall will be cleared. Let's start ar road win streak and pick up where we left off against Buffalo!

From a Sens blog:

[T]he Red Wings are probably underachieving in the standings. They sit second overall in 5 on 5 Corsi and sixth in Fenwick. The power play has had success with 24.1%, good enough for fourth overall. The penalty kill is stronger, running at second overall and 87.9%. This should be a team in the hunt for the league lead, not sitting third in the division.

From NHL.com:

The Red Wings recently did not win for six consecutive games. During that span, they allowed nine goals and and still procured four points. If that's the worst "slump" of the season, Detroit is going to earn an invitation to the tournament at the end of the season with ease.

The slump sucked, but this is still a very good team. And guess what: aside from Gustavsson, everyone's healthy.

I'm pumped.

Edited by Dabura

From a Sens blog:

From NHL.com:

The slump sucked, but this is still a very good team. And guess what: aside from Gustavsson, everyone's healthy.

I'm pumped.

Thanks for posting this.

I’m going to put on my analytics hat here and say that they are probably “underachieving in the standings” because of this........

29e48ef2-dd0b-4508-809f-b5d22c5ea619.jpg

Tonight is the day AFTER Boxing Day when things get turned around so tonight will truly be off the hook as everything gets spun on it's head once again and the Wings win 4-3 in a SHOOTOUT.

I smell a big night coming up from Count Gustav of Nyquist.