No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/31 GDT : Devils 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

:confused1:

Weiss has 12 points in 15 games and is +2

Helm has 18 points in 38 games and is a -1

One has played with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, the other hasn't. I have no idea in what world you live in if you think Weiss is the lesser player.

Helm is an animal .. Weiss isn't even close to Helm in ANY aspect of the game regardless how many points he has this year. Weiss overpaid and expendable... Helm is a beast.

Weiss isn't even close to Helm in ANY aspect of the game...

You're right. Weiss has way better hands and hockey sense. It's not even close.

In saying that, I'm still a big Helm fan. But there's a reason he's never put up anywhere near as many points as Weiss did for so many years in Florida.

Helm is an animal .. Weiss isn't even close to Helm in ANY aspect of the game regardless how many points he has this year. Weiss overpaid and expendable... Helm is a beast.

Helm has speed.... And ... Speed.

He has no hands no hockey iq is only good defensively because of his Speed.

Weiss has good hands is always in the right place and puts up points, can play well in the pp and is defensively responsible.

How are you even trying to say helm is "better"?

On the last powerplay Weiss got on the ice to play and was called off. I thought I noticed a distinct look of annoyance on his face. Anyone else notice?

There was also a look of annoyance on my face. Free Weiss!

Yes I did, it appears Babcock needs to have a player in the doghouse at all time to make a point to the rest of the team. I think Weiss' play of late should earn him more ice time, I hope he can suck it up for a while longer. Jurco is a better fit for the fourth line. Weiss and Sheahan should split second line center duties imo. That is where he is needed.

the worst part about helm is he doesn't pass... if he played like abdelkader he'd be twice the player... weiss would have twice the success with any other coach than babcock

abdelkader and helm's life goals should be give the puck to nyquist/datsyuk and drive the net.... more pucks would enter the net. I find it so sad that Nyqvist never gets the puck in the attacking zone unless he pulls some miraculous move and does it all alone. Every time he has time and space in the offensive zone the puck is always on it's way in the net. We got a guy with 30 goal potential that has to skate the puck in from the centre line to get a shot on net

Yes I did, it appears Babcock needs to have a player in the doghouse at all time to make a point to the rest of the team. I think Weiss' play of late should earn him more ice time, I hope he can suck it up for a while longer. Jurco is a better fit for the fourth line. Weiss and Sheahan should split second line center duties imo. That is where he is needed.

offensive insticts are worthless to babcock... its all about intangibles

in all fairness this roster is a mess... time to make tough decisions and part with some effective forwards for a capable d man... If lashoff never plays another NHL game we're in good shape... Ouellette has to be a staple of this team it's getting ridiculous. Our forwards have developed perfectly into NHL scorers but we have yet to see a defensemen develop into an effective player since........kronwall? ericsson? DD walked onto this team better then half our dmen that in itself is another shot to our defensive growth

Helm has speed.... And ... Speed.

He has no hands no hockey iq is only good defensively because of his Speed.

Weiss has good hands is always in the right place and puts up points, can play well in the pp and is defensively responsible.

How are you even trying to say helm is "better"?

Lol you sound serious? Weiss has good hands? He puts up points? What 12 in 15 games? Wait til he's done playing the year and ends up with less then 30. And what he do last year? Helm creates chances on every line he plays on... Sure he doesn't have that finishing touch no arguement there but it's night and day when he's on the ice vs Weiss and Babs knows it.. That's why one plays 16 min and the other is playing 8 min. 5m for 5 years for Weiss is a joke and a half.. Scott Gomez part 2.

Lol you sound serious? Weiss has good hands? He puts up points? What 12 in 15 games? Wait til he's done playing the year and ends up with less then 30. And what he do last year? Helm creates chances on every line he plays on... Sure he doesn't have that finishing touch no arguement there but it's night and day when he's on the ice vs Weiss and Babs knows it.. That's why one plays 16 min and the other is playing 8 min. 5m for 5 years for Weiss is a joke and a half.. Scott Gomez part 2.

Scott Gomez Pt. 2, huh? You realize that guy didn't score a goal for over a year.

Did you decide to make 2015 the year of the troll?

I would point you in the direction of previous years stats, injury history, TOI differences, etc. but I doubt it would have any effect on your selective vision nor change your mind...

Scott Gomez Pt. 2, huh? You realize that guy didn't score a goal for over a year.

Did you decide to make 2015 the year of the troll?

I would point you in the direction of previous years stats, injury history, TOI differences, etc. but I doubt it would have any effect on your selective vision nor change your mind...

Naw man. herlmer is a god! Weiss doesn't have good hands and didn't consistently put up 50-60 points every year...

On the worst team in the league!

Well... now that we're all clear in the knowledge that wingsfan1991 thinks that Weiss is hot garbage... the rest of us can go back to discussing why exactly it is that Weiss is not getting appropriate ice time...

I just don't get it. Weiss was brought in to be a 2C. He's back in game shape, fought off minor injuries since returning from a couple major ones... and now, with limited ice time, he's putting up points... but he's not elevated in the lineup What gives?

Jurco's a rookie... put him on the fourth. He shouldn't mind.

Helm and Abby are energy/banger guys, rotate them onto the fourth. They'll still be effective players.

Instead... No... let's let a guy who's a proven top-six winger languish on the fourth line with limited ice time. Makes sense to me... :glare:

EDIT: removal of troll baiting

Edited by haroldsnepsts
removed deleted post

Well... now that we're all clear in the knowledge that wingsfan1991 thinks that Weiss is hot garbage... the rest of us can go back to discussing why exactly it is that Weiss is not getting appropriate ice time...

I just don't get it. Weiss was brought in to be a 2C. He's back in game shape, fought off minor injuries since returning from a couple major ones... and now, with limited ice time, he's putting up points... but he's not elevated in the lineup What gives?

Jurco's a rookie... put him on the fourth. He shouldn't mind.

Helm and Abby are energy/banger guys, rotate them onto the fourth. They'll still be effective players.

Instead... No... let's let a guy who's a proven top-six winger languish on the fourth line with limited ice time. Makes sense to me... :glare:

EDIT: removal of troll baiting

Well Weiss is a proven top 6 center. But since being put on the wing in Detroit on any line he has produced well. I understand not wanting to break up the sheahan line, and helm had a good game but he isn't top 6 material. He can't score on the 5 breakaway per game that he gets. Move helm to the third/fourth line, and put Weiss back where he belongs. In the top 6