• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/31 GDT : Devils 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

With regards to Weiss:

Babcock doesn’t care about who gets “points”. He doesn’t care about who scores. He cares about guys being “heavy” on the puck. As long as everyone is heavy on the puck someone’s going to produce. Doesn’t matter to him if it’s Weiss or Helm or Nyquist. That’s how his system works IMO.

Compared to Helm, Glendenning, Jurco, Sheahan, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and even Tatar and Goose, Weiss is weak on the puck. Babcock doest like this so he plays less, regardless of his production.

Babcock did the same thing to Modano and Legwand. For some reason he doesn't like to play Holland's main "acquisitions."

Is it a head butting, dick measuring thing? Not sure, but he platooned both the former to the 4th line, even though when given top 6 minutes, they produced. Weiss is a legit 2nd line center. He would also be great on the 3rd, between Franzen and Helm. He doesn't deserve to be demoted to the 4th and if I were him, I would start thinking about waiving that clause in Feb. Babcock is going to continue to play him on the 4th and continue with Abby (again, no offense to Justin) on the 1st.

Like I said in the GDT, Justin should be on the 4th with Miller and Glenny. Weiss should be at center between Helm and Franzen. Nyquist should be playing with Dats and Z.

Babcock did the same thing to Modano and Legwand. For some reason he doesn't like to play Holland's main "acquisitions."

Is it a head butting, dick measuring thing? Not sure, but he platooned both the former to the 4th line, even though when given top 6 minutes, they produced. Weiss is a legit 2nd line center. He would also be great on the 3rd, between Franzen and Helm. He doesn't deserve to be demoted to the 4th and if I were him, I would start thinking about waiving that clause in Feb. Babcock is going to continue to play him on the 4th and continue with Abby (again, no offense to Justin) on the 1st.

Like I said in the GDT, Justin should be on the 4th with Miller and Glenny. Weiss should be at center between Helm and Franzen. Nyquist should be playing with Dats and Z.

I'd switch Abby and helm in your lines there, Abby has been good this year

I am not bashing Abby, by no means. I was just looking at which player(s) would play better together and I figured Abby would play better with Miller and Glenny than Franzen would. Franzen is just the odd talent out. He is not top 6 worthy and doesn't fit in really with our bottom 6. But, a line of Franzen - Weiss - Helm could be pretty even. IF you wanted to put Abby with Franzen and Weiss, I guess that would be good too because Miller - Glenny - Helm would also be a great checking line.

With regards to Weiss:

Babcock doesnt care about who gets points. He doesnt care about who scores. He cares about guys being heavy on the puck. As long as everyone is heavy on the puck someones going to produce. Doesnt matter to him if its Weiss or Helm or Nyquist. Thats how his system works IMO.

Compared to Helm, Glendenning, Jurco, Sheahan, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and even Tatar and Goose, Weiss is weak on the puck. Babcock doest like this so he plays less, regardless of his production.

I agree about Babcock's mentality here. Though I will say Helm hasn't looked heavy on the puck to me. Since returning from all those injuries he's looked easy to shove off the puck (in my opinion).

I agree about Babcock's mentality here. Though I will say Helm hasn't looked heavy on the puck to me. Since returning from all those injuries he's looked easy to shove off the puck (in my opinion).

He can get knocked off the puck, but he is relentless and very smart. If he had hands he'd be a five million per year player. I mean, all those breakaways he misses on he creates by smart defense, and speed of course.