• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kipwinger

All Purpose Grand Rapids Griffins Thread

Rate this topic

What I find much more impressive is that he has 34 goals and 47 points in his last 28 AHL games. I hope he continues that same success through the rest of the playoffs and the Griffins win another Calder Cup.

Hopefully he works his ass off in the summer and becomes a legit threat for the Wings next season.

A little off topic but I went to my first Walleye game tonight. OMG I will never go to another again. I kind of felt that I was sitting with fans that came out of the Deliverance. No smoking sections are just beyond stupid. Yeah when I tell you there are no smoking sections, it means if you want to smoke, you need to exit the building and buy another ticket to come back in.

On topic, looking to grab a couple tickets for the next GR game. Do they have the same smoking policies as they Walleye?

Mueller is already a top six d-man and right handed I believe, Mantha had a disappointing season and Bertuzzi looks like a solid power forward he had a goo season, is say the trade is even as of now but if Mantha is a bust we got robbed because Mueller looks like he could be a 2-3 guy in a few years

We traded back to get Mantha, knowing that he would still be available. We got our guy and were able to add, what is turning out to be, another very good player. It is way too soon to give up on Mantha, I have no doubt he'll be a top 6 NHLer in a few years, and Bertuzzi may have been drafted to be a bottom 6 agitator but he's looking more and more like a top 6 guy. I guarantee we win that trade.

Edited by krsmith17

I haven't given up on him at all, But what do we need more in the future? A forward who can score goals or a solid defenseman who has no problem showing up every night as opposed to Anthony "The Ghost" Mantha I was so excited when we drafted this kid but honestly we need a guy who's going to show up every night and score goals or have a big hit or atleast try hard every shift, I don't like power forwards personally they are usually lazy and it only gets worse as they get older, I mean we have AA and Nosek and Bert so he's starting to not look so important to me.

If all he's going to do is score 25 goals and float around then I'd rather have that defenseman who actually played for San Jose this year.

You haven't given up on him at all? Sounds a lot like you have to me... Anyway, I'm not going to argue Mantha's value but I will say is that in this thread you're saying that we should have drafted the defenseman rather than the two forwards, but in another thread you're saying we need to draft a big forward rather than a defenseman in this years first round... Doesn't make much sense to me...

Because we have 3 nhl ready defenseman in the ahl yes we need another Lidstrom(top 2 defenseman) but we aren't getting one this year at 18th unless a miracle happens and one drops to us, also I haven't given up on him but I think now that we have Bert Nosek and AA yes now Mantha is less valuable to us, more expendable I suppose.

Edited by MrazekFanBoy

So you think that Mantha is "more expendable" because we have three other forwards, none of which have as high a ceiling as Mantha? I think Athanasiou could be the best of all of them but his ceiling isn't as high as Mantha's.

We can't get a top pairing defenseman at 18? Care to explain? So what are you expecting to get at 18 in a forward?

We need help on the back end in a big way, so we should be picking a defenseman with our first rounder this year.

I just realized this is the Grand Rapids thread, not the Draft thread. Anyway, big game coming up in an hour. Go Griffins!

So you think that Mantha is "more expendable" because we have three other forwards, none of which have as high a ceiling as Mantha? I think Athanasiou could be the best of all of them but his ceiling isn't as high as Mantha's.

We can't get a top pairing defenseman at 18? Care to explain? So what are you expecting to get at 18 in a forward?

We need help on the back end in a big way, so we should be picking a defenseman with our first rounder this year.

I just realized this is the Grand Rapids thread, not the Draft thread. Anyway, big game coming up in an hour. Go Griffins!

Feed me updates!

Please

he's expendable because we have 3 other forwards that are the same type of player and that are playing better or just as good as he has been all year. I'm expecting to get a decent sized center with some offensive upside who can plug into the number two or three hole, we only need a number 1 defense prospect and we aren't getting one at 18 atleast not a clear number one, we could select someone and they could turn into one but i think drafting a center is the safer bet. We have Jensen XO Sproul Marchenko why draft a d-man at 18? I guess the same thing can be said about forwards, and drafting one but I'd rather go with the safer play which is drafting a forward as of right now. Edited by MrazekFanBoy

Athanasiou and mantha will dominate together next season together ... Mantha just turned 20 , missed camp , coming into a new league ... People need to relax ... It's way too soon to say mantha is a bust and won't recover

You can teach someone how to play better defensively and commit to eating healthier and training but you can't teach someone to score

He bounces back ... in 2-4 yrs if the hockey gods smile upon us and they all reach there potential we can have a pulkkinen mantha athanasiou larkin bertuzzi holmstrom natasiuk in the lineup

And that's not even including nosek and outsiders like frk tvrdon if they get there s*** together .... If we have to trade someone to get a dman I'd rather part with a nyquist/Tatar then any of the 7 I mentioned

And jurco hasn't done much thus far but he's still 21-22 ... Think he needs to get more opportunities on the ppl and with better players, he's got too much talent to be a checker

Edited by nyqvististhefuture