• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kipwinger

All Purpose Grand Rapids Griffins Thread

Rate this topic

Ahh Pulkinnen.

I liked him at the NHL level but he doesn't show that he'll ever be a magnificent goal scorer to me like he is in the AHL. (IMO)

Its nice to see that highlight reel though, where he scored 3 different kinds of goals. Also nice to see that he can score when it matters.

Bertuzzi is a surprise for me. He's from my hometown and I was upset when we drafted him so early. Hes injury prone, but he's just been getting twice as good each and every season.

Ugh, I don't know why I have such an aversion to guys sliding across the ice on their knees. I mean, I realize it's an important game, and you just scored a hat trick, and that tons of guys have done way worse and all. But I still get this overwhelming urge to throw a battery at his head when I see him do it.

Ugh, I don't know why I have such an aversion to guys sliding across the ice on their knees. I mean, I realize it's an important game, and you just scored a hat trick, and that tons of guys have done way worse and all. But I still get this overwhelming urge to throw a battery at his head when I see him do it.

Really haha I think its one of the best cellys out there. Its emotion and character. Two things our team has been lacking for years

Only other guy who gives a hoot when he scores is Tatar

Really haha I think its one of the best cellys out there. Its emotion and character. Two things our team has been lacking for years

Only other guy who gives a hoot when he scores is Tatar

Yeah, I don't know what it is about the knee slide. I really don't. And it's not even like I have a problem with cellys either. I love how pumped Tatar gets. And if I think about it rationally, I lighten up about the knee slide after a minute too. But when I see it happen in real time, my gut reaction is always a combination of irritation and loathing.

Yeah, I don't know what it is about the knee slide. I really don't. And it's not even like I have a problem with cellys either. I love how pumped Tatar gets. And if I think about it rationally, I lighten up about the knee slide after a minute too. But when I see it happen in real time, my gut reaction is always a combination of irritation and loathing.

I don't like it either.

But I lived the cheli celly in the alumni game, if it was done in the NHL, it would be that much better.

I know what you mean to an extent.. I only really like longer cellys like the knee slide in important moments of big games. This definitely fits that.. I love the emotion pulk has shown.

So did I. That's the weird thing. I don't mind excessive celebrations. I just hate that particular excessive celebration.

As long as they bring up cups they can celebrate any way they'd like

Still remember game 7 stl in double o.t when yzerman roofed it top corner to win and he's jumping up and down like a mad man

Celebrations can be fun and memorable :)

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Ahh Pulkinnen.

I liked him at the NHL level but he doesn't show that he'll ever be a magnificent goal scorer to me like he is in the AHL. (IMO)

Its nice to see that highlight reel though, where he scored 3 different kinds of goals. Also nice to see that he can score when it matters.

Bertuzzi is a surprise for me. He's from my hometown and I was upset when we drafted him so early. Hes injury prone, but he's just been getting twice as good each and every season.

Its a little early to be saying that he can't show that he has the goal scoring ability in the NHL. He is going to get his opportunity to showcase his skills, and most rookies don't figure things out that quickly in the NHL.

As for Bert, I really love the spark he has given this team. He didn't play the first two games of the Toronto series, so Blashill puts him in and they start winning. This guy is playing for a roster spot next season and it shows with his desire and passionate play. I love it.

Bertuzzi seems like he came out of nowhere. I remember when the Wings drafted him most folks on LGW looked at it as a throw-away pick, or a favor to Todd Bertuzzi or something along those lines. Ever since he was drafted, though, the kid has been exceeding everyone's expectations (except perhaps the Wings' organization, who may have knows the potential this kid had the whole time (?)).

Now he is on my list of most anticipated players to see in a Wings' uniform, along with Athanasiou, Larkin, and Mantha.

Bertuzzi seems like he came out of nowhere. I remember when the Wings drafted him most folks on LGW looked at it as a throw-away pick, or a favor to Todd Bertuzzi or something along those lines. Ever since he was drafted, though, the kid has been exceeding everyone's expectations (except perhaps the Wings' organization, who may have knows the potential this kid had the whole time (?)).

Now he is on my list of most anticipated players to see in a Wings' uniform, along with Athanasiou, Larkin, and Mantha.

Something tells me they might have had an inside source.

Maybe little Bert purposely underperformed just enough to go a few rounds into the draft so the wings would get him.. and uncle Todd just let the wings know of the master plan. Then he started playing toward his potential after being drafted :ninja:

Maybe little Bert purposely underperformed just enough to go a few rounds into the draft so the wings would get him.. and uncle Todd just let the wings know of the master plan. Then he started playing toward his potential after being drafted :ninja:

if i were Mcdavid id do that just to avoid going to the oilers lol