• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kipwinger

All Purpose Grand Rapids Griffins Thread

Rate this topic

McCollum really did save the Griffin's bacon. There was a series of chances that Utica just had, a breakaway and then a couple other opportunities, that McCollum saved.

I wish he could be that spectacular all the time.

Griffs need to get some sustained pressure and some bodies in front of Markstrom. You're not going to beat that giant without a screen.

Markstrom just seems to see everything shot towards the net. Its crazy. The puck looks like a beach ball to him right now.

That's because the Griffs are making it easy on him. They gain the zone and toss the puck at him from the perimeter. Of course it's easy for him to deal with. They've got not net front presence and nobody is making plays in the offensive zone. They look like a team full of Mikael Samuelssons.

That's because the Griffs are making it easy on him. They gain the zone and toss the puck at him from the perimeter. Of course it's easy for him to deal with. They've got not net front presence and nobody is making plays in the offensive zone. They look like a team full of Mikael Samuelssons.

So they really do use the same structure/style of play as the Wings then.

1-0 Utica after 2... Lots of action in the 2nd... Teemu went down late in the 2nd with a leg injury, hope its not too serious

On the video stream he took two hard cross checks to the back and back left side. I think they got him in the kidneys or something. Either way, it didn't appear to be a leg injury. It could be one I suppose, but just from what unfolded by what I saw, it looked like something different.

Edited by Nightfall

On the video stream he took two hard cross checks to the back and back left side. I think they got him in the kidneys or something. Either way, it didn't appear to be a leg injury. It could be one I suppose, but just from what unfolded by what I saw, it looked like something different.

Ok how about Lower Body? lol

Frustrating game man , barely created any chances and the goal McCollum let in he should of easily of stopped

Grand Rapids was in a great position to win again and probably would of with mrazek in nets

Maybe Blashill let the wings gig get to him? Not impressed with them today

Griffins have got to score to win games. Scoring 0 goals will not get you a win.

Got to hand it to Utica. Markstrom was amazing. Their defense was excellent.

Was markstrom that amazing though? Don't find we got along of scoring chances tonight ... Really frustrating game

Well, thats pretty heartbreaking. Griffs had a good run, and now they're shut out and are done for the summer.

Imagine if Mrazek was playing.

Oh well, Blashill has bigger fish to fry now.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but Dylan Larkin is Hockey Future's 2015 NHL Prospect of the Year.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/124547/hockeys-future-2015-nhl-prospect-of-the-year-larkin-parlays-strong-ncaa-season-into-first-pro-contract/

Edited by krsmith17