• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/6 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Edmonton Oilers 2

Rate this topic

It's been mentioned before but you never hear rumblings or hints that they might give him a look. What the actual blank is up with that. I really think we can afford one guy who's not great defensively to launch rockets at the net. That slapper at the very least will create some Juicy rebounds on the power play.

Disaster averted but man, does our team look old out there or what? Looks like they are playing uninspired and we have another 1/2 of regular season to go!

Did I hear commentator say that Det and Nashville are the only 2 teams that have not lost 2 in a row in regulation time?

Edited by RedWingsRox

Disaster averted but man, does our team look old out there or what? Looks like they are playing uninspired and we have another 1/2 of regular season to go!

Did I hear commentator say that Det and Nashville are the only 2 teams that have not lost 2 in a row in regulation time?

Yup

Maybe we're just a crap road team. Very disheartening that the whole team doesn't look dangerous against a crap Oilers team. i can't see this roster beating a playoff team the way it looks right now. Vets have slowed down and are coasting on fumes. I know Zetterberg is still managing to put up points but he hasn't stood out positively in weeks. Datsyuk too is not giving us very many dominant performances lately. I think they need a rest

Maybe we're just a crap road team. Very disheartening that the whole team doesn't look dangerous against a crap Oilers team. i can't see this roster beating a playoff team the way it looks right now. Vets have slowed down and are coasting on fumes. I know Zetterberg is still managing to put up points but he hasn't stood out positively in weeks. Datsyuk too is not giving us very many dominant performances lately. I think they need a rest

The Oliers have improved by adding Klinkhammer and Roy and also by getting Nikitin back from injury. Plus they got a "season best" performance from Fasth. The Wings dominated that game last night.

But man, Yakupov and Schultz were terrible.

The Oliers have improved by adding Klinkhammer and Roy and also by getting Nikitin back from injury. Plus they got a "season best" performance from Fasth. The Wings dominated that game last night.

But man, Yakupov and Schultz were terrible.

I was thinking about how lucked out not getting Schultz. It was reported we when pretty hard after him. Abby owned him last night.

This is the first time I have seen Yakupov play fer the Oilers. Poor kid just cant play in this league. He was constantly out of position kept running in to his own playmates.

How'd Weiss look last night? It's a little disappointing he didn't show up on the stat sheet with the extra minutes, but wonder if he was still noticeable out there.

Probably our best player along with Tatar and Datsyuk.

Yeah. Weiss looked great.

I can see why he might fail Babcock's "eye test" because he's not hard or heavy on the puck at all. Or even looking at possesion numbers, he might not fair well because he doesn't keep the puck for long. He makes plays quickly. Quick short pasees, things like this.

But when you play him with skilled players (as was the case last night) you can see that his hands and IQ are top notch.

I can see why he might fail Babcock's "eye test" because he's not hard or heavy on the puck at all. Or even looking at possesion numbers, he might not fair well because he doesn't keep the puck for long. He makes plays quickly. Quick short pasees, things like this.

But when you play him with skilled players (as was the case last night) you can see that his hands and IQ are top notch.

Would rather see Tatar on the wing with Datsyuk and Weiss then Helm. I think that line would do some good things.

Probably our best player along with Tatar and Datsyuk.

That's great to hear. I'm okay with a guy not showing up on the stats if you actually notice him out there working hard and making plays.

Part of the reason I bag on Franzen so much is he can finish a game without a shot on goal and I often can't remember one play where I noticed him.

How'd Weiss look last night? It's a little disappointing he didn't show up on the stat sheet with the extra minutes, but wonder if he was still noticeable out there.

I think it's hard to tell. I don't think Weiss looked bad, but I thought that line looked bad last night. But then again, I thought the team looked bad last night. Obviously, that line (as well as the team) were better than their respective opposition. But not as convincingly as you'd like to see against the Oilers. I though we looked clunky, not in synch at all. Very slow. Almost no flow to our game. Which was true of that line as well as all the rest. Weiss had a couple real nice passes, and didn't look out of place skating on that line, but I wouldn't read too much into that. A better line, and a better team, would have beaten us badly last night.