• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

When you do that you are just some English pig with no brain at all yo

Rate this topic

Never thought that line would fit so perfectly. Dateline U.K. (Yes I know England is part of the UK not all of it. I'm not waiting around for another ten years to use that line though.)

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/u-k-elite-league-players-helmet-throwing-spearing-meltdown-results-in-his-release/

Edited by Jersey Wing

How come the name Joe Grimaldi sounds so familiar?

Does anyone else think that Maxime Langelier-Parent of Nottingham sounds like the noblest lad in the kingdom?

Or like he's the Parent of everyone in Nottingham!

Grimaldi is from US so you've maybe seen him play. Parent is French-Canadian, let me assure you there is no nobility in this league.

Never thought that line would fit so perfectly. Dateline U.K. (Yes I know England is part of the UK not all of it. I'm not waiting around for another ten years to use that line though.)

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/u-k-elite-league-players-helmet-throwing-spearing-meltdown-results-in-his-release/

I'm Scottish so you slag the English all you want but Joe Grimaldi is an American playing for a Scottish team so not sure the thread title works.

I had a look at some of the rosters in that league....ton of Canadians. I didn't go through every team, but the first or second one I looked at, the top 10 scorers on the team were all Canadian.

It's a massive import league, not a league that develops British talent. Every team runs 3 line hockey and has an active roster of about 16/17 skaters and 2 netminders. Teams can have 12 foreign players on this roster, 11 full imports and 1player with an EU passport. As a result most teams go for North American players. The team i follow has 4 Americans, 7 Canadians, a Finn and 9 Scots. The Scots struggle for icetine and swap in and out with each other.

1 thing I learned long ago - never drop your stick if your opponent hasn't.

Not sure what the stance on fighting is in the UK, but IMHO it's a reason why fighting needs to remain an option for the players if they choose to do so...I'm no fan of a stick swinging competition.

What about helmet throwing? How do you feel about helmet throwing? :lol:

FifeHockeyNut......based on the rules you provided around imports, the Cardiff Devils appear to go against that. Looks like they have 19 players on the roster (I ignored the 3 guys that played 3, 1 and 1 game respectively). Of those 19, 13 are Canadian, and 6 either England or Wales.

Is it possible to get around the import issue if guys potentially have dual citizenship? Not that I know if that would apply to any of the Canadians on the roster.

FifeHockeyNut......based on the rules you provided around imports, the Cardiff Devils appear to go against that. Looks like they have 19 players on the roster (I ignored the 3 guys that played 3, 1 and 1 game respectively). Of those 19, 13 are Canadian, and 6 either England or Wales.

Is it possible to get around the import issue if guys potentially have dual citizenship? Not that I know if that would apply to any of the Canadians on the roster.

There are a few guys that circumvent through the dual nationality rules, but some of the bigger budget teams run with an extra import to cover for injuries. The players with Dual nationality fall in to two categories: nationalised to the UK ie not classed an import or other EU national, for example Derek Roehl of Braehead is dual with US (Michigan) and Italy.

As an aside, Cardiff and Belfast are a unique model in that they have a GB starting netminder which allows them to have a stronger roster.

Edited by FifeHockeyNut