• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
daniel1

Petry next Oiler to be shopped - FTLOG Kenny, get it done!

Rate this topic

Jeff Petry will probably be the next player the Oilers discuss in trades, according to HNIC’s Elliotte Friedman. (Sat. Jan. 3rd)

I've seen him play quite a bit this year and he would be a nice addition to our blue line. I have no idea what the Oil would want in a trade for him but it would be worth pursuing as he has a great stick, which he uses to break up the rush and make good first passes out of the zone. He's not going to overwhelm anyone with his offence but he plays a nice safe game and did chip in with 7 goals and 10 assists last year.

He's Dan Petry's (former Tiger's pitcher for you puck only folks) son and he was born in Michigan too so you would think he may welcome a return to his mother state.

He's only 28 so not a rental and he was a 2nd round pick so maybe a 2nd tier prospect (Ferraro?) and a 3rd round pick would get it done? Or how about Kindl for Petry straight up? Oh, and there's also the little matter of him being a RIGHT handed shot too! For The Love Of God Kenny, do something about our crappy D and GET IT DONE!

Do we need to start a petition? Bombard Kenny with anonymous emails? Start sending highlight reels of Petry in to the Wings front office? What can we do to end the era of the only Kindle who can't read (a play) and let Quincey take the 7th D spot?

Oilers were able to get a late 1st from Pittsburgh for Perron. IMO, he'd be the forward/winger equivalent of Petry.

BUt Perron's signed for two more years at a very reasonable cap hit. Petry's a UFA this July.

But top 4 blueliners are harder to come buy so the supply vs demand is unfavourable for the buyer.

Based on this, I think it would take Helm + a 2nd.

Holland would need to move a d-man though, so Kindl + Andersson + 2nd.

Tell McT to take it or f*** off.

I'll go out on a limb and say we don't want any defencemen from Edmonton

Why? Granted, they're a s***ty team right now, but Petry is one guy who stands out in a good way for them on a nightly basis. He's not the reason they're losing. Good teams in the playoff picture of Cup hunt aren't going to trade away their assetts so you have to look for good players on bad teams who want to deal for the future. If you're hoping for a Weber or Keith to come available at the trade deadline you're going to be dissapointed lol.

I'd be happy to nab up Petry, unfortunately he has been stuck in Edmonton but I feel like he's a better defenseman than he's shown there. I think he would be a top 4 here, but he is absolutely a top 6 and an improvement over Kindl/Lashoff without hesitation.

He'd be 3rd pair d here. Kindl and a 3rd or mid level prospect. Detroit has a bunch of guys coming up in the next 2 years that are likely to be NHL players and no room for them as it is.

On my depth chart I have him ahead of Smith, Kindle, Quincey, Lashoff and about on par with Ericsson... Those guys that are likely to be NHL players in the next two years aren't going to help us much in the playoffs this year, I'd kinda like to win a series or two, or three. I like our chances of getting home ice advantage to start the playoffs and winning a couple series much better with Petry in the lineup, especially on the pk. I shudder when I see Smith or Quincey on the pk cause they handle the puck like it's a live grenade in our own end when they're under pressure on the pk.

Yup, Quincey is awful defensively, terrible on the PK... Do people even bother watching the games anymore, or just spew random s*** based on the "in" thing to say... Well news flash, Quincey has been one of our most consistent, reliable defenders for a year now...

Yup, Quincey is awful defensively, terrible on the PK... Do people even bother watching the games anymore, or just spew random s*** based on the "in" thing to say... Well news flash, Quincey has been one of our most consistent, reliable defenders for a year now...

You're not "in" anymore, man. You used to be cool.

Swap Ericsson and Quincey, and it'd be a little more accurate, daniel. Big Rig's been hot garbage this year, thus far.

He'd be 3rd pair d here. Kindl and a 3rd or mid level prospect. Detroit has a bunch of guys coming up in the next 2 years that are likely to be NHL players and no room for them as it is.

On my depth chart I have him ahead of Smith, Kindle, Quincey, Lashoff and about on par with Ericsson... Those guys that are likely to be NHL players in the next two years aren't going to help us much in the playoffs this year, I'd kinda like to win a series or two, or three. I like our chances of getting home ice advantage to start the playoffs and winning a couple series much better with Petry in the lineup, especially on the pk. I shudder when I see Smith or Quincey on the pk cause they handle the puck like it's a live grenade in our own end when they're under pressure on the pk.

Your depth chart isn't likely to be Babcock's depth chart.

"The Detroit RedWings trade kindl, a first a second and temu, tatar, nyquist for petry"

edit: sorry guys im bored at work

I would suggest not posting stuff like that so matter of fact like that without a source. I'm assuming it was a joke, but it's actually a good way to get a warning

I would suggest not posting stuff like that so matter of fact like that without a source. I'm assuming it was a joke, but it's actually a good way to get a warning

I've recently learned you can get scrubbed for sarcasm too (not sarcasm)

DeKeyser and Kronwall and Ericsson are all better than Petry.

Agreed, minus the crossed out part.

I really don't think Ericsson is better than Petry. They're fairly close in some respects, but I think Petry edges him out in a couple areas. I think Petry got more offensive capabilities, and is more physical. He has more blocked shots as well, but they are kind of moot, since Edmonton sees way more shots on net.