• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsRox

Franzen on IR

Rate this topic

Helene St. James reporting that Franzen has whiplash lol. Whiplash.

Whiplash, huh?

Why didn't she just say "head and neck trauma" ?

...or...

"Bruising about the head and neck area"

Let's come up for some other euphemisms for a concussion!! C'mon HSJ you can say it: "KUN KUSH UN!"

Whiplash, huh?

Why didn't she just say "head and neck trauma" ?

...or...

"Bruising about the head and neck area"

Let's come up for some other euphemisms for a concussion!! C'mon HSJ you can say it: "KUN KUSH UN!"

I hope it's just a euphemism for a concussion. If he's really out with whiplash then he should be ashamed of himself.

Holland won't buy him out because didn't you hear? A returning 2008 Franzen will be our deadline deal.

On a personal stand point, get well soon. On a hockey standpoint, go away forever. I don't care if he went to Boston and scored 100 goals. Good riddance.

Edited by LeftWinger

Time share that forward spot, during the year, let a youngen play, near the end, warm the Mule up for playoff beast mode?

This has to be sarcasm, right? The only playoff beast mode Francine gets into anymore (since 2009) is the beast of dump he takes on the ice when "plays." Can we not get rid of this albatross already?

I got a new sig idea "Johan Franzen, prooving Leftwinger right since Summer 2009..." :ninja:

I know Hossa is really outscoring Francine this season, but man what a dumb ass choice that was! That goes down in history with the Ferderko and McKegney acquistions!

What about something along the lines of Franzen: switched to a$$ mode from Mule mode after signing the contract?

(Note to mods, the $'s were to emphasize the pay day, not to intentionally circumvent the swear filter).

The frustrating thing is, every so often he shows flashes of how good he could be, but can't sustain it then disappears for a lengthy time. I still hope he can get back into playoff beast mode, but I don't expect it.

In all honesty, I know I kick him and kick him, and beat him like a dead horse, but I wonder if he still has head issues from the cuncussion(s) he had starting in 08? I know he came back and had an awesome 09, but then all of a sudden he sucked. I hate to beat the dead horse of he got his "serious contract" and decided to pansey around, I'd hate to think that, but something happened, because no way Holland chooses what he got from Francine over Hossa if he knew something was wrong with him...

I agree that Holland wouldn't have signed him if he knew there were concussion issues. What was the other issue either last season or the previous season, social anxiety or something like that? That could also be a factor.

This has to be sarcasm, right? The only playoff beast mode Francine gets into anymore (since 2009) is the beast of dump he takes on the ice when "plays." Can we not get rid of this albatross already?

I got a new sig idea "Johan Franzen, prooving Leftwinger right since Summer 2009..." :ninja:

I know Hossa is really outscoring Francine this season, but man what a dumb ass choice that was! That goes down in history with the Ferderko and McKegney acquistions!

I am still so, so, so bitter about letting Hossa go. It was a colossally idiotic decision.

Let's see what you actually said in 2009 shall we?

Here's what you said before Franzen signed his long term, front loaded, Zetterberg-like contract...http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/55479-need-to-get-hudlerfranzen-signed-long-term/page-3?hl=%20franzen%20%20signed

"...at this point Hudler will probably cost more or just as much as Franzen! So, get Franzen signed long term and let Hudler sign somewhere else. If he signs somewhere else for anywhere between 2.6 and 3.9 million, we WILL get a 1st and a 3rd round pick from that team. That there is more valuable than signing Hudler and letting Franzen walk. Hudler will more than likely get that 2.6 million. Get Franzen signed the front loaded way Zetterberg was, let Huds, McCarty, Chelios, Sammy walk and get Hossa signed to a similar Zetterberg contract. Must trade Filpulla in ANY scanario so we can get that $3 million off the books. Filpulla should get us a 2nd round pick. At the very least a 3rd."

Here's what you said the day of the Franzen signing, in the "Franzen signs Extension" Thread...http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/56801-johan-franzen-signs-extension-11-years/page-6

"Just as a few of us said a long time ago! Bye Bye Filppulla, Hudler & Sammy for sure! Hello HOSSA long term! Hudler with get at least the same somewhere so HELLO 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick! Trade Flip for a 2nd and 3rd and lets go!"

And here's what you said one day after the Franzen signing...http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/56801-johan-franzen-signs-extension-11-years/page-11

"Quickly, I like Franzen but if he wanted to have to best available chance(s) to win Cups within those 11 years, he should've have signed a contract that had a cap hit more like $2.9M. This pretty much screws us for Hossa, unless he takes a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE discount to stay here OR he signs somewhere for 1 year OR takes another 1 year deal at that same discount, then comes back when Lidstroms contract is off the books. Of course if Lids wants to stay he MUST take a HUGE discont as well. Franzen just tied the hands if Holland and Holland allowed it to happen."

And here's what you said a few weeks after Hossa signed with Chicago...http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/60109-chicago-fans-dont-want-hossa/?hl=%2Bchicago+%2Bfans+%2Bhossa

"Anyway, Hossa scored 40 goals for us, that is it. That is all his history will leave us. Luc Robitaille and Brett Hull were "Better" Red Wings than Hossa. Larry Murphy is a "Better" Red Wing than Hossa. Steve Duschene was more important to this team. For Gods sake, Keith Primeau meant more to this team!"

I wouldn't go around gloating. At best, your record on the Franzen/Hossa topic is flip floppy. At worst, you wanted Franzen re-signed (like he was) and you though Steve Duschene and Keith Primeau meant more to the Red Wings than Hossa did.

I'm glad Primeau was a moody prick when he was a Red Wing.....He was a key component to land Shanahan.

But didn't you know, he was a better Red Wing than Hossa, who should have been kept over Franzen, who should have been signed to a long term, Zetterberg-like, front loaded contract. Duh.

And around and around we go.

I am still so, so, so bitter about letting Hossa go. It was a colossally idiotic decision.

Absolutely. I remember being so pumped when he was signed, he had a great season here, then Holland has a hardcore brainfart and lets him head to Chicago. Awesome.