• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
historywillbemade

Brodeur retires. Named Sr. Advisor to Blues GM

Rate this topic

Seems Brodeur is over being the 3rd goaltender for the Blues now that Elliot and Allen are back to health.

May be an option for Detroit to have a short-term backup for Mrazek while Howard is out for who knows how long...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=748721&navid=nhl:topheads

I really hope not. He's done.

He was pretty bad before getting a shutout last game, he should just call it a career off of that note

Seems Brodeur is over being the 3rd goaltender for the Blues now that Elliot and Allen are back to health.

May be an option for Detroit to have a short-term backup for Mrazek while Howard is out for who knows how long...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=748721&navid=nhl:topheads

no. No. No. NO. NO! NOO!! NOOOO!!!! NOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

At this stage in his career I do not want him on the wings. I loved his style when he was in his prime and really up to the past few years, I really admire goalies who aren't just butterfly blockers

I feel somewhat bad for him he is hanging on too long just to get to that stupid 700 mark , he could have retired as a Devil last season instead of begging for jobs and now being only the 3 option.

I know it's his life but why tarnish an awesome career like that ?

I agree once the devils made it clear he was not gonna be there next year I think he should have just called it a career. I was at a the wings game which I believe was his last scheduled home start the fans were so supportive and clearly showed how much they appreciated him. I guess he may want to go out in the playoffs not regular season

I feel somewhat bad for him he is hanging on too long just to get to that stupid 700 mark , he could have retired as a Devil last season instead of begging for jobs and now being only the 3 option.

I know it's his life but why tarnish an awesome career like that ?

Chelios and Cleary come to mind

no. No. No. NO. NO! NOO!! NOOOO!!!! NOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

I think what you're trying to say is Brodeur should be our starter, not back up Mrazek. Also by NOOOOOOOZZZZZ you think the best move Holland could make is to get Brodeur by trading Howard, Kronwall and a first.

I think what you're trying to say is Brodeur should be our starter, not back up Mrazek. Also by NOOOOOOOZZZZZ you think the best move Holland could make is to get Brodeur by trading Howard, Kronwall and a first.

Exactly. Both of those things.

Terry Sawchuk

Dominik Hasek

Glenn Hall

Martin Brodeur?

Wings have had more legendary goalies suit up than any other franchise.

Where's Ozzy on this list?? If I recall from his last broadcast he was very very, very very, good. lol

Guy should play for as long as someone is willing to pay him. It's his life and career. Five years after he retires, 10 years, no one will remember that he "held on too long." He'll be remembered for a brilliant career.

It's been about 5 years since Brett Favre retired. I remember that he held on too long, and I don't even watch football.

Chelios hung them up about 5 years ago, too. I'll never forget that he wound up splitting time between Atlanta and the Chicago Wolves during his last season, because he wasn't willing to retire when he should have.

I'm sure not every one will remember this stuff, but some will.

Terry Sawchuk

Dominik Hasek

Glenn Hall

Martin Brodeur?

Wings have had more legendary goalies suit up than any other franchise.

So maybe the Wings should also sign Ken Dryden or Vladislav Tretiak to back up Brodeur after they trade for him to add to their number of legendary goalies?