• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nawein

Dylan Larkin

Rate this topic

2g, 3a tonight in a 10-6 Michigan win over Ohio State. Now has 25 points in 18 games this season as an 18 year old freshman. I wasn't excited about this pick when it happened but I am now. Kid looks awesome and has since the wjc.

This kid is the real deal. He was a gem of a pick, and he represents the state of Michigan well! I have an issue with his choice of college, but thats my problem, not his! LOL!

Anyhow, this kid to me should be on that short "Do Not Call About" list. I am in love with the future lines of:

Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist

Mantha - Larkin - Pulkkinen

I can easliy see the combo of Larkin and Mantha being the next dynamic set of forwards after Dats/Z hang em up. Sure, it may be 4 years or so before we see Larkin in Detroit, but he will be worth the wait! I only hope Holland isn't desperate on a future deadline day and have to trade him ala Jarnkrok...

I love this kid, but I'm not sure how well he "represents the state of Michigan"... Despite growing up in Waterford Michigan, he was a Leafs fan, and his favorite player was Sidney Crosby... I guess all that changed last June... :lol:

I love this kid, but I'm not sure how well he "represents the state of Michigan"... Despite growing up in Waterford Michigan, he was a Leafs fan, and his favorite player was Sidney Crosby... I guess all that changed last June... :lol:

I'm waiting to see when he makes his debut and they do his player profile...

Watch his favorite player be yzerman.

Ha

The kid is 18, I am not sure he would even remember watching Yzerman play, maybe the last couple of years Steve played. If anything he may change his favorite player to Pav or Z. But you can't blame him for rooting for the underdog's in Toronto. He probably liked them because noone else did, and everyone else liked the Wings. Same goes with Crosby, he probably started liking him just to piss off his friends.

The kid is 18, I am not sure he would even remember watching Yzerman play, maybe the last couple of years Steve played. If anything he may change his favorite player to Pav or Z. But you can't blame him for rooting for the underdog's in Toronto. He probably liked them because noone else did, and everyone else liked the Wings. Same goes with Crosby, he probably started liking him just to piss off his friends.

I was more so joking to go along with the"that changed in June" thing.

But if he did start liking them for that reason, then I like him more.

He was a Leafs fan growing up because his father and his fathers parents were all from the Toronto area, and die-hard Leafs fans. Poor kid didn't stand a chance...

As for being a Crosby fan, believe it or not, there are millions of young kids that grow up idolizing Sidney, after all, he is the best player in the league today. Which is pretty much the same reason I grew up idolizing Yzerman, and the reason I've been a Wings fan ever since...

So no, he didn't start rooting for the Leafs or Crosby because "no one else did" or "just to piss his friends off", unfortunately for him, he was born into it... But lucky for him, he was drafted by the Red Wings. He'll now get to see what it's like to cheer for a real team, and eventually get the opportunity to play for them...

post-20837-0-84775000-1421671616_thumb.jpg

That's Dylan in the middle at the Winter Classic last New Years in Ann Arbor with his brother and cousin.

I just want to jump in and thank the folks who provide the updates for the prospects since I don't have the opportunity to watch much of them. With RWC going down, the info is even more appreciated.

Meant to post this the other day but I got sidetracked and forgot. He's added 4 more points in his last two games to up his ppg even more. Pretty good company to be in if you ask me.

https://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1728124

Expecting him to keep scoring like he has recently is probably unfeasible. Consider that in the past 15 years, no Big Ten freshman has ever averaged 1.39 points per game in a season. Minnesota's Thomas Vanek (1.38 in 2002-03) and Phil Kessel (1.31 in 2005-06) came closest.

Edited by nawein

Larkin was named National Rookie of the Month for January with 7 goals and 7 assists in 6 games.

In the month of January he led all college hockey freshmen with 14 points, and was number 2 overall in the Nation with 2.33 points per game.

Currently ranks 14th with 30 points (10 goals, 20 assists) in 21 games, and 8th with 1.43 points per game in the Nation.

Looking good for this kid so far. I'd love to be able to watch more of his games, but unfortunately I've been limited to just the 5 World Junior games so far... I've watched some of his highlights this year, but they just don't do justice...

Larkin was named National Rookie of the Month for January with 7 goals and 7 assists in 6 games.

In the month of January he led all college hockey freshmen with 14 points, and was number 2 overall in the Nation with 2.33 points per game.

Currently ranks 14th with 30 points (10 goals, 20 assists) in 21 games, and 8th with 1.43 points per game in the Nation.

Looking good for this kid so far. I'd love to be able to watch more of his games, but unfortunately I've been limited to just the 5 World Junior games so far... I've watched some of his highlights this year, but they just don't do justice...

I watch every televised Michigan game just to watch him.

Im usually a Spartans fan, but I'm a wolverines hockey fan now, because of him(and red)

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/119215/detroit-red-wings-top-20-prospects-features-new-number-one/?

Hockey's future (I don't put too much faith in that website) just ranked Larkin as our number 1 Prospect..... I don't entirely disagree. but its unfair to compare to Mantha until they are in the same league.

The only thing that makes me value Larkin over mantha is the fact that he's a center.

And by the time hes in the AHL/challenging for NHL we'll need centers.