• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/18 GDT : Sabres 4 at Red Wings 6 (Z w/Hat Trick)

Rate this topic

Can we all admit that there's a huge jump from the AHL to the NHL, that scoring a ton in the AHL doesn't mean a guy will score int he NHL, and sendPulinnen back down to learn how to do more than try to fire a slapper every time he touches the puck in the offensive zone? Kid needs to settle the @#$& down instead of trying to shoot the puck through the goalie's chest every time.

9 wins in the last 12 games. I'm glad that after the awful 1st period they didn't go the good ole Canadian eating-lumberjacks-for-breakfast-with-Don-Cherry-pie rote throwing tantrums and "sending a message" and actually worked hard to salvage the situation.

I also know that I'm quite late to the joke.

Edit:

Also this from TSN.ca:

All 11 of Buffalo's defeats during this skid have been in regulation. The last time a team lost 11 in a row, all in regulation, was when Pittsburgh dropped 13 straight from Jan. 13-Feb. 12, 2004, according to STATS.

I wish Sabres will win soon and one of the Penguins greatest records stays intact.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Can we all admit that there's a huge jump from the AHL to the NHL, that scoring a ton in the AHL doesn't mean a guy will score int he NHL, and sendPulinnen back down to learn how to do more than try to fire a slapper every time he touches the puck in the offensive zone? Kid needs to settle the @#$& down instead of trying to shoot the puck through the goalie's chest every time.

No. He hasn't been bad. There comes a point when being a big fish in a small pond will stunt your growth.

He'll figure things out, it takes more than 5 games to get acclimated with the NHL.

I talked to my buddy in NY who is a Sabres fan this afternoon, and he said most of the fans out there are furious. They have completely turned against the Sabres brass and are accusing them of intentionally tanking to try to get McDavid for their "rebuild" In reference to the Sabres brass, the phrase "disgrace to the Sabres brand" was mentioned several times in our short convo...

I talked to my buddy in NY who is a Sabres fan this afternoon, and he said most of the fans out there are furious. They have completely turned against the Sabres brass and are accusing them of intentionally tanking to try to get McDavid for their "rebuild" In reference to the Sabres brass, the phrase "disgrace to the Sabres brand" was mentioned several times in our short convo...

If the rebuild is successful they won't be so upset in six years when they're winning cups. Just tell them, at least you're not Edmonton!

No. He hasn't been bad. There comes a point when being a big fish in a small pond will stunt your growth.

He'll figure things out, it takes more than 5 games to get acclimated with the NHL.

He hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been good either, and isn't looking ready for the NHL

Thing is, he's at that point where all he's going to learn in the AHL now is bad habits - rather like Mantha spending last season in the Q rather than the AHL. He needs to learn how to play his game in the NHL, and the only way he can do that...is in the NHL. There was a moment in the STL game where he skated over the blue line, wound up for a shot, and was instantly surrounded by 3 Blues who stripped the puck and set off the other way on an odd-man rush.

He won't get the space in the NHL that he gets in the AHL. He won't get goalies ducking out of the way of his shots like he does in the AHL. He needs to figure out how to play his game at this level.

Having said that, we have no room for him right now, so once we're healthy he should go back down.

Poor leadership. Euros tend to relax more than North Americans. Just look at how many hours they work on average over there.

Need some good North American boys to lead once in a while.........no I haven't been drinking.................Datsyuk and Zetterberg need to not be so passive with this group.

laughed my ass off (and you too)!!

@TheXym

I'm surprised they gave you free curly fries all they way out there in NY.

I'm down here in Toledo and they always act like they have no clue what I'm talking about when I go in after a hat trick for free curly fries. (but they give them to me anyways)

@TheXym

I'm surprised they gave you free curly fries all they way out there in NY.

I'm down here in Toledo and they always act like they have no clue what I'm talking about when I go in after a hat trick for free curly fries. (but they give them to me anyways)

I printed out the promo from FSD's web page to take along. I actually got them in MD when Patty Eaves had his hat trick a few seasons ago. There used to be an Arby's near my town that was good about it, but it's now a Tim Horton's.

We got our curly fries. I printed out a couple box stores and I made the wife go into the store while I went through the drive through so we could get double. We purchased food too, so they probably made money.

Got mine and purchased food as well. Forgot how terrible anything that's not the most expensive sandwich is there.

Curly fries were great