• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/18 GDT : Sabres 4 at Red Wings 6 (Z w/Hat Trick)

Rate this topic

Great graphic. I like the comic book motif, and it has none of the epic suckitude that was the essence of the failed Guardian Project from years ago. Well done! Here's hoping the offense keeps firing and Mrazek holds the fort.

Let's Go Wings! I'd like to see them light up Myers so badly that it kills the trade rumors.

Why am I more nervous about tonight than last night

I am too. Coming off a big win against a top team in the league (points wise) and facing a cellar dweller is a prime opportunity for the team to have a let down and play down to the level of their opposition. The Wings have done this far too often in recent years. Hopefully they won't ease up and instead come out hard for a full 60.

They have the ROW tiebreaker over Montreal at the moment, I'd like to keep it that way and pull ahead in points.

Considering they've lost 10 in a row, I have that nagging feeling that they catch the Wings off guard...

NOT. The Wings are going to destroy you, Enroth/Neuvirth. ALL THE GOALS! NO MERCY! MUAH, HA, HA!

...sorry, but not really.

6-1 spanking. Pulkkinen gets his first, takes his jersey off and does three laps around the rink.

Why am I more nervous about tonight than last night

Because in Babcock's post-game interview last night, instead of being happy about his team scoring 5 goals he mumbled something about the team's sloppy play at times.

So tonight the Wings will be playing tight, defensive Babcock hockey and lose 2-1 in the shootout.

Mrazek has been outstanding this season but I was actually kind of hoping McCollum would get the start tonight.

Should be a fun game, too bad I'll miss it as Family/Friends are coming over for the Pat/Colts game and poker night. I knew I never liked Tom Brady for a reason.

Because in Babcock's post-game interview last night, instead of being happy about his team scoring 5 goals he mumbled something about the team's sloppy play at times.

So tonight the Wings will be playing tight, defensive Babcock hockey and lose 2-1 in the shootout.

I don't agree with this notion that Babcock is coaching the team to play for super low scoring games that cripple any offense for the opponents as well as us. Last year, yes, when the Wings were crippled with injuries the Wings were definitely playing very tight defensive hockey games and were very cautious. Makes sense, as they simply didn't have the personelle to compete against other teams skill-wise. This year its a different story. Our defense have been pinching in the o zone regularly to keep the play alive, they've been carrying the puck deeper through the neutral zone on breakouts, our forwards have been playing to support the puck carrier down low rather than staying high to support our defense should a turnover occur (I'm pretty sure Tatar Sheahan and Jurco all play within 15 feet of the puck in the offensive zone at any given time). Hell, the Wings' mantra for the first couple months of the season was play fast as hell on the forecheck, and suffocate the opposition in the offensive zone. They got away from that I think in December, but the past few weeks I think the Wings have been playing similar to those first couple months. I mean, yes, the Wings are responsible defensively, as any playoff team should be, but its clear that generating offense is part of the game plan as well.

The Wings need to come hard and come fast against every team they play, esecially bottom dwellers. For years and YEARS the Wings were accused of and play like they were old and slow. They couldn't keep up with the young fast teams. Now they are young and fast, so why play the game like the old and slow Wings? I never understood why you would try to surpress the attributes of certain players. These kids are super fast and super skilled. Play that game and 9 times out of 10, you are going to beat the teams you are supposed to beat and surprise some of the better ones.

I hope beyond hope that we see the fast and skilled Wings tonight skating circles around Buffalo, and not a slow lathargic one playing down to another bottom dweller. That will only spell trouble.