• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

1/20 GDT: Wild 4 @ Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

It's an interesting view that it's solely the player who makes the first mistake that is to blame for any given situation even if there are several mistakes made by other players later on that make the situation even worse.

Do you think Mrazek played the situation well? if not I think we have at least two players who could've done a better job here...

I think Mrazek did all he was capable of doing, and frankly with Parise in front of the net, with the puck, time, and space (all kindly provided by your boy Ericsson), I'm suprised that Mrazek was even able to make the first save. So again: I'm not blaming Mrazek for that goal. And again, if you want to deflect blame from Ericsson and pass it on to Mrazek, or Smith, or the ref, or the taxi driver, or whoever, fine. As you said, "its an interesting view" for you to take.

Ah ha! So when my boss doesn't do his job it really is my fault when I F up at mine because of his mistake. Gotcha. I shoulda just magically forewsaw his mistake and bailed him out. It all makes sense now. I must be a terrible employee thus far.

Ah gotcha so maybe we shouldn't even have a goalkeeper to begin with? if he needs to stop a puck it must mean that someone else made a mistake first and that should never happen...

I think Mrazek did all he was capable of doing, and frankly with Parise in front of the net, with the puck, time, and space (all kindly provided by your boy Ericsson), I'm suprised that Mrazek was even able to make the first save. So again: I'm not blaming Mrazek for that goal. And again, if you want to deflect blame from Ericsson and pass it on to Mrazek, or Smith, or the ref, or the taxi driver, or whoever, fine. As you said, "its an interesting view" for you to take.

Look up the definition of team game... as for Mrazek yeah he did a real swell job imitating a Swiss cheese there.

Ah gotcha so maybe we shouldn't even have a goalkeeper to begin with? if he needs to stop a puck it must mean that someone else made a mistake first and that should never happen...

Look up the definition of team game... as for Mrazek yeah he did a real swell job imitating a Swiss cheese there.

No no, I'm quite capable of covering most of my bosses small mistakes. It's when he makes a blatant mistake in front of the board that I can't do anything for him. That's hockey, I mean business!

1. Kronwall - Ericsson Smith

Bad in our end. All night. This whole PROTECT THE FORT! thing needs to be adjusted, especially with our PK starting to suck. Too passive. And, good lord, get the puck out of the zone when you have the chance. It's not the end of the world if you don't do it with full possession.

We were playing with fire. Crazy-high shooting percentage ("puck luck"), getting mauled in the faceoff circle, PK is coming down to earth in a big way...

...but the refs really kept the Wild in this game. The officiating standard was a joke. They wanted the comeback, they got it, and then they put away their whistles. Ass hats.

Knowing what I know now, I might prefer winning in a shootout. Nice shot in the arm, and there's the peace of mind that sometimes we can actually win the skills competition.

Edited by Dabura

Also: f**** the stretch-pass attempts from behind our net. Stop doing it, stop trying it, stop thinking it. Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop. Maybe the pass connects, and, inevitably, nothing comes of it. More likely, you ice it, or the pass gets picked off in a dangerous area with all your troops way up ice (becuz strech pas$!1)

lol hmm lets see, well team game is actually two words, so thats kind of hard to find in a dictionary, so I'm gonna look up "team" instead. If the forums implode because I screwed up looking for the definition of "team game" I take solice knowing that you're to blame as well, as part of the LGW team.

ANYWAY,

noun
noun: team; plural noun: teams
a group of players forming one side in a competitive game or sport.
verb
verb: team; 3rd person present: teams; past tense: teamed; past participle: teamed; gerund or present participle: teaming
come together as a team to achieve a common goal.
2. match or coordinate a garment with (another).

"a pinstripe suit teamed with a crisp white shirt

I'm not sure how these definitions pass blame onto Mrazek or Smith for Ericsson's screw up. They're all on the same side of a competitive sport, so we've established that they're a "team". Great! They certainly didn't come together to acheive a common goal in that play (the goal being, you know, get the puck out of the zone), but that still doesn't help your case. I saw Ericsson not act as part of a team. Smith was in position to help his teammate should he decided to take the safe pass. Very teamly of him. Mrazek was in position for the eventual turnover (in fact he stopped the first shot). Very teamly of him as well. The only non-team element I see is Ericsson giving the puck away.

SO sick last night and again this morning. Went to bed up 3=1, wake up to a 5-4 SO win. I'll take it. Babcock will work on what went wrong in the third period AND they'll almost all get a few days off.

I give the Wings an A for the first 'half'. Results matter and they are near the top of the division and conference.

Awful game trying to play with the lead. But if this happened last year, they most likely would've lost this game after such a bad job laying back with that 3 goal lead. Nice to see Mrazek help get us the 2 points with some good shootout play.

The promising thing here is that they managed to find a way to win the game despite not bringing it. Yes the Wild didn't generate much on their own through 40, but that 3rd period should have been nowhere near close.

Ericsson's blunder took me right back to the 07' playoffs and it was as if Lilja had been reborn. Regardless, everyone makes mistakes, and the Wings should have shut the game down. I have a feeling that they got a little over confident perhaps and with a 4-1 lead heading into the 3rd and the prospect of a week off, most players wanted to go on vacation.

Still awesome to see Teemu pot his first in possibly his final game with the wings for a while.