• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sjr2012

What should we do with the Monster?

Rate this topic

What should we do with Gus?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope he doesn't pull his groin trying to catch that plane.

LOL

Glad to hear Monster is ready to come back though. Solidifies the goaltending. I get uneasy everytime McCollum gets in the net, although he did play well in the third against Tampa.

LOL

Glad to hear Monster is ready to come back though. Solidifies the goaltending. I get uneasy everytime McCollum gets in the net, although he did play well in the third against Tampa.

Why? This isn't the wings of the last few seasons, with lacklustre D leaving the goalies hanging out to dry.

Even so, McCollum has looked incredibly solid in his two appearances in this call up. I've been very impressed.

Why? This isn't the wings of the last few seasons, with lacklustre D leaving the goalies hanging out to dry.

Even so, McCollum has looked incredibly solid in his two appearances in this call up. I've been very impressed.

I said he looked good against Tampa. I was impressed with his ability to play the puck. He did'nt look that good against Buffalo, imo anyways. Was'nt that his first NHL win? And how long has he been in the Wings system? Not to mention a first round pick? He has'nt showed much promise so far, but that may be due to Mrazek being ahead of him for call-ups and not getting chances.

LOL Glad to hear Monster is ready to come back though. Solidifies the goaltending. I get uneasy everytime McCollum gets in the net, although he did play well in the third against Tampa. Why? This isn't the wings of the last few seasons, with lacklustre D leaving the goalies hanging out to dry. Even so, McCollum has looked incredibly solid in his two appearances in this call up. I've been very impressed.
Late bloomer? Had a good year last year and the numbers at GR this year don't look too shabby. Both Mrazek and McCollum need playing time. If Gus could ever stay healthy that means Mrazek and McC share time in GR. I suppose that's the optimal situation since you don't want either sitting on pine for an extended period. Sent from my hooka via hash cloud.

I feel weird calling a skinny Swedish dude, Monster. You'd think he was 6'8 and weighed 280 lbs.

Agreed. Ben Bishop is THE monster. Jonas Gustavsson is A monster in the same way that Randall from Monsters Inc. was A monster.

Don't look at us, Leafs fans nicknamed him

I think he actually got that nickname when he was playing in Sweden. It just carried over, cause ya, Leaf fans thought he was their saviour. I remember a guy i worked with being so excited about that signing. How quickly he became obsolete in Toronto. lol

I think he actually got that nickname when he was playing in Sweden. It just carried over, cause ya, Leaf fans thought he was their saviour. I remember a guy i worked with being so excited about that signing. How quickly he became obsolete in Toronto. lol

I find it funny how often this happens with Toronto fans.

Like this could be said about so many other players.

Haha.

I honestly stop talking to a few of my friends every year when Toronto goes on their win streak.

I can't stand how cocky they get, but I think its cute when they're all doom and gloom, "SELL THE TEAM FOR WHATEVER YOU CAN GET!"

Yeah when they are winning, their fans are so happy, but when they inevitably start to lose again, they're like "i'm done with this ******* team", but then the cycle starts over when they win a game. One of my friends burned his jersey after that epic loss in Game 7 to Boston in OT when they came into the third leading 4-1. He had a brand new one ready by the start of the next season.

Monster and XO were just called up.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2015/02/red_wings_recall_xavier_ouelle_1.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+detroit-redwings+%28Detroit+Red+Wings+-+MLive.com%29

Looks like they had a spot for XO and he is being called up out of respect for his play and an invite extended to his father for the mentoring trip. man the wings are a class act.

Edited by heyfolks