• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroith99

Stadium series Wings vs Avs 2016!

Rate this topic

Since the alumni game is stocked with players from the rivalry days, the uniforms should also reflect that history. Like maybe a picture of the Statue of Liberty holding a turtle.

Have the rosters been announced? I'm hoping that we don't see a Colorado roster of Jari Kurri, Theo Fleury, Dave Andreychuk, Brian Rolston, Dale Hunter, etc.

Have the rosters been announced? I'm hoping that we don't see a Colorado roster of Jari Kurri, Theo Fleury, Dave Andreychuk, Brian Rolston, Dale Hunter, etc.

I've seen a couple of articles where they talk about some of the players, but what I've managed to find in a search today is not as good. They are definitely talking about having it be alumni from the Rivalry Years.

Confirmed are:

Good guys: Shanny, Lidstrom, Larionov, Cheli,

Bad guys: Roy, Blake, Forsberg, Sakic

Links for that info:

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detroit-nhl/nwebb/red-wings-stadium-series-game-to-feature-rivalry-era-alumni-game-with-avalanche/41532/

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=776309

I'm quite sure I saw others but can't find them now. At any rate, this is a good start.

I've seen a couple of articles where they talk about some of the players, but what I've managed to find in a search today is not as good. They are definitely talking about having it be alumni from the Rivalry Years.

Confirmed are:

Links for that info:

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detroit-nhl/nwebb/red-wings-stadium-series-game-to-feature-rivalry-era-alumni-game-with-avalanche/41532/

I'm quite sure I saw others but can't find them now. At any rate, this is a good start.

Actually surprised Shanny and Blake agreed to do it.

Confirmed are:

Links for that info:

Yes, I was sure we would see Blake... even though he barely qualifies as having played during the rivalry years.

Maybe Datsyuk will play for the Detroit alumni team.

Yes, I was sure we would see Blake... even though he barely qualifies as having played during the rivalry years.

Maybe Datsyuk will play for the Detroit alumni team.

Have we tired of the "Franzen's career is over" conversation only to start the "Datsyuk's career is over" conversion?

Haha, I'm guessing you mean cause he was around for some rivalry years

First they retire Bourque's number after one season, now they rip off the Colorado Rockies logo.

I know theyre technically not the same franchise, but I really don't mind having a throw back to the old Colorado hockey logo.

Have we tired of the "Franzen's career is over" conversation only to start the "Datsyuk's career is over" conversion?

Haha, I'm guessing you mean cause he was around for some rivalry years

Haha - I did not foresee that interpretation. No, I hope that Datsyuk remains a productive part of the team as long as his former 'professor' did.

I was just making the comparison that Datsyuk was about as much a part of the rivalry as Rob Blake was.

Edited by barabbas16

Wow man thanks for posting that. Just ordered 2 tix. Pricey but it will be worth it.

Those seats are damn expensive, I read not to long ago the Colorado ski folk were worried about the economy this winter with the unusual warm weather expected and the low Canadian tourist dollar. I wonder where the Avs figure people are going to dig up this kind of cash?

JUST BOUGHT MY TICKETS AHHHHH!!!! Whats awesome about buying through ticketmaster is that you get both the alumni game and the stadium series game. I'm so stoked thank you whoever posted the pre sale info it saved me alot of money!

LETS GO RED WINGS!!

JUST BOUGHT MY TICKETS AHHHHH!!!! Whats awesome about buying through ticketmaster is that you get both the alumni game and the stadium series game. I'm so stoked thank you whoever posted the pre sale info it saved me alot of money!

LETS GO RED WINGS!!

I bet those words have never been spoken/written before.

Thank you very much for this!!

Just got 3 tix! Super excited. Was originally going to get the $270 seats, but I opted for the $230 because they were higher up. Not sure what the view would be like down in the 100 sections when it is off on one end of the rink.

Officially excited now!

Edited by Lidstromrules16

Jesus those prices are ridiculous, I only paid $100 for my Winter Classic tix at the big house against Tornto and I had good seats mid way up in the corner (had a great view).

Has there even been an official release of the Wings jerseys yet?

Edited by Vladinator16