• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

GDT : NHL Skills Competition/60th All-Star Game

Rate this topic

I get motion sickness and start feeling nauseated when they show the feed from the GoPro cam.

same with me.

And they did it repetitively at the end during the breakaway relay.

The only decent angle was the wide/nhl'09 behind and above the net view, and I usually dislike that.

lol, after seeing Weber's slapshot reached 108.5mph, I wanted to tell my girlfriend and observe her wonder at how hard some people can shoot a puck. So I'm all "Hey girlfriend, guess how hard Weber shot the puck?"

"ummmmmm 200 miles per hour?"

"....."

When I told her 108.5 she wasn't even remotely impressed lol

You went to share your amazement with the girl you love and she shot down your passion.

I'm sorry bro, stay strong.

Haha

OEL is unbelievable if this guy would be playing for a big market team there would be much more hype around him. That guy is going to be a stud soon. Ekblad also impressed me the guy is not even 19 and shoots at 94 mph what the f*** ? That boy has all the makings of becoming the next Weber speaking of which that tank is just insane 108,5 mph slaptshot I'm sure his onetimer might reach 120 + too bad Chara hasn't been there.

It's amazing how skilled these guys are you don't see that on the ice because the game goes so quick but their stick handling, accuracy and speeds are top notch hockeyplayers really are the best athletes when it comes to the complete package.

but man do they ever get rid of that stupid draft, stop embarassing players and go back to the East versus West All STAR team and let guys in the know decide...that stupid voting challenge makes a joke of the whole thing.

Oh and the Toronto Media can shut up now, Kessel did the fastes t skater challenge under 14 seconds and beat Tyler Seguin that wouldn't be possible if that guy isn't in shape..

Edited by frankgrimes

OEL is unbelievable if this guy would be playing for a big market team there would be much more hype around him. That guy is going to be a stud soon. Ekblad also impressed me the guy is not even 19 and shoots at 94 mph what the f*** ? That boy has all the makings of becoming the next Weber speaking of which that tank is just insane 108,5 mph slaptshot I'm sure his onetimer might reach 120 + too bad Chara hasn't been there.

It's amazing how skilled these guys are you don't see that on the ice because the game goes so quick but their stick handling, accuracy and speeds are top notch hockeyplayers really are the best athletes when it comes to the complete package.

but man do they ever get rid of that stupid draft, stop embarassing players and go back to the East versus West All STAR team and let guys in the know decide...that stupid voting challenge makes a joke of the whole thing.

Oh and the Toronto Media can shut up now, Kessel did the fastes t skater challenge under 14 seconds and beat Tyler Seguin that wouldn't be possible if that guy isn't in shape..

I actually think that's the best part of the whole thing. I hope they never go back to the East vs West. I don't care if they embarrass the guys a little. They are big boys, getting paid big bucks. I think they'll live.

I was a huge fan of the All-Star game and the Skills Competition as a kid, but like most good things, it has changed and has lost it's luster... I agree with frank, the East vs West was far superior to the new draft format. I also think the whole fan voting system is the worst idea ever and every team should have at least one representative and no more than three picked by the league... There are way too many good, not all-star calibre players playing in this event as a result of the fan voting. The whole thing has become a mockery...

Oh well, a nice break for the Wings to relax for 5 days and get refreshed to hopefully continue on their winning ways after the break.

Imagine if he wasn't so out of shape and what Kessel could be like as a player every game ... instead of having a good one every other week. :lol:

I personally think the whole "every team needs a rep" thing is dumb as well. It's an all star game. The 24 best forwards, 12 best D, and 6 best goalies that year should go. If it's close between two players, go for the player who's team doesn't have a rep. That's fine. If your team doesn't have any all star caliber players (buffalo), tough. Get better players.

I wish they'd bring back the North America vs. World format.

I've been asking for this since they abandoned it. Especially now that you have more US-born players to represent NA.

Either that, or back to East vs West, winner gets home ice, though I know a lot of people will not like that stipulation. But if it's not competitive, it's really not worth having...or watching.

I'm watching the game and I watched most of the Skills last night. I was really surprised that Pulkkinen wasn't involved in the Hardest Shot Competition...

It looks like the Kings might have a stud on their hands. Colin Miller was drafted 151st overall in 2012, he has 29 points (10 goals and 19 assists) in 37 games so far this season with the Monarchs and he won the Hardest Shot (105.5 MPH) and Fastest Skater (13.805 seconds) Competitions last night... First player to win both in 13 years... Oh yeah, and he's a right handed defenseman...

Edited by krsmith17