• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Toronto rumored to host 2017 ASG, and a Stadium Game

Rate this topic

Pretty cool way to celebrate the 100th anniversary, would be even more special if there were fewer outdoor games, and if the all star game wasn't a joke.

But still.

Pretty cool.

100th anniversary for the NHL and 50th anniversary of the Leafs cup drought. Perfect!

I would assume it would be against Montreal. But where are they going to play? The Rogers Centre/Skydome? That stadium is the absolute worst and they cant open the roof after a certain date.

It would be an awesome matchup, but two Canadian teams on NBC's marquee event probably won't sit well with the suits on the top floor.

Edit: although I guess "outdoor game" doesn't necessarily mean Winter Classic. So nm.

Edited by Echolalia

Well, for the sake of symmetry, their first NHL opponent (that still exists) was Ottawa. That's a ratings killer, but if it's a Stadium series game ratings won't matter. It'll be an average game in terms of viewership anyway.

Their first NHL opponent was the Montreal Wanderers, but my bet is on Ottawa or Montreal (their second still-existing NHL opponent).

EDITED: Corrected tense usage.

Well this makes having an All-Star game in St. Louis completely problematic. It would have been the 50th anniversary of them joining the NHL AND 50 years of not winning the cup, unless there is a miracle this season!! :innocent:

And it will be *almost* the 49th anniversary of Toronto not winning the cup lol

I would assume it would be against Montreal. But where are they going to play? The Rogers Centre/Skydome? That stadium is the absolute worst and they cant open the roof after a certain date.

Lake Ontario. Play some real pond hockey. lol