• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

1/29 GDT - Red Wings 1 at Lightning 5

Rate this topic

I think Mrazek could use a game off to think, and McCollum has been good when coming in. It'll be interesting to see what they do. My gut tells me Mrazek will get the go though. He was almost so bad tonight that you have to give him another shot soon. He hasn't been great the last few games, but tonight was a total mental collapse. You'd think it has to go up from here, but he might need a game to sit and think about it.

Gee I know eh? I haven't checked the standings but the Wings must be last in the league or something? Can't beat ANYONE.

Take it easy. We're just talking about the other playoff teams in the division. But who cares about beating them, right?

Take it easy. We're just talking about the other playoff teams in the division. But who cares about beating them, right?

Ah yes. I forgot. Only calm level-headed discussions, grounded in the roots of logic exist here on LGWs in the wake of brutal ass-thumpings.

And here I thought I people were overreacting by making blanket statements about who the Wings can and can't beat after a game where our rookie net-minder had a save percentage of .666.

That and, you know, the presence of SimonSin is always a good indication that we're having a rational conversation.

My apologies.

We've gotten points in a lot of those games, so I wouldn't say we're as mismatched as you are trying to suggest. We played a terrible game against Boston the end of December, but other than that, it's been tight. A win and another shootout loss. Islanders beat us once in a 2-1 game. We've been beat by Montreal once good and went to a shootout and lost another time. Tampa Bay tore us up tonight because Mrazek frizted out; the previous game was another shootout loss.

While I'd like to win shootouts, I don't judge the team on their overall hockey game when they lose them. They were tight matches against good teams and we lost in a talent show. Silliness.

We were in this game tonight until Mrazek, a goalie that's supposed to be solidifying his pro-game in the AHL before coming up next year to play in the backup role, lost his ability to stop a shot. It's no big thing to sweat. Mrazek will bounce back and grow from this and the Wings will be fine. I'd like to see some more wins against better teams as the year goes on, but based on what we've seen this team do, I believe without a doubt that we'll rack up some important wins down the stretch.

Wow, that was brutal.Obviously Mrazek had a bad game but so does every goalie from time to time. Wouldn't blame him too much though, the whole team played sluggish and was not up to the task, especially our special teams. Hope the team learns from it an bounces back against the Islanders.

Also, Manny>>>>Osgood

by a long shot ? :P

So, I didn't have a chance to watch this one last night. What the hell happened?

Wings looked like a team that has major problems with the teams in their own division. Mrazek was pretty bad(5 goals on 15 shots). Defense was running around a lot. Random Tampa player has a career night and gets a hat trick. Some lame non call refereeing. Gotta shake it off and put it behind them cause now we got an even more hungry team to face Saturday night.

Edited by GoWings!

So, I didn't have a chance to watch this one last night. What the hell happened?

Nothing as bad as you'd read in this thread.

Wings were better in the first. Tampa were better in the second. Shots were pretty much even after 2.

Mrazek was ugly-bad, and that was the difference in the game. Plain and simple.

McCollum played well enough in the third to keep some of Tampa's hotdogs from padding their stats. Small victories........

Nothing as bad as you'd read in this thread.

Wings were better in the first. Tampa were better in the second. Shots were pretty much even after 2.

Mrazek was ugly-bad, and that was the difference in the game. Plain and simple.

McCollum played well enough in the third to keep some of Tampa's hotdogs from padding their stats. Small victories........

Wait, you mean our rookie, third string, goalie had a bad game against the best offensive team in the league? What a bum!

In all seriousness, I'm glad to hear it. Obviously, looking at the score it seemed like one of those games where we just looked retarded for 60 minutes. If the team played well, and Peter was just off, oh well. Obviously I'd like to see them win, but over the course of an 82 games season you're going to lose some games. If that's the case, I'd rather they lose because one guy has a bad game than because 20 guys did.

Wait, you mean our rookie, third string, goalie had a bad game against the best offensive team in the league? What a bum!

In all seriousness, I'm glad to hear it. Obviously, looking at the score it seemed like one of those games where we just looked retarded for 60 minutes. If the team played well, and Peter was just off, oh well. Obviously I'd like to see them win, but over the course of an 82 games season you're going to lose some games. If that's the case, I'd rather they lose because one guy has a bad game than because 20 guys did.

Oh but haven't you heard? Last night's loss means they can't beat any of the good teams. The 65 points they've earned this season have come from playing Buffalo 30+ times and doing well in skating drills in practice :lol:

Oh but haven't you heard? Last night's loss means they can't beat any of the good teams. The 65 points they've earned this season have come from playing Buffalo 30+ times and doing well in skating drills in practice :lol:

To be fair, I do think we need to have a little bit more consistency in our efforts against good teams. However, if your assessment is accurate, then it sounds like we had a good effort...and Mrazek just had a bad night. If you've got to take a loss, that's the best kind to take.

To be fair, I do think we need to have a little bit more consistency in our efforts against good teams. However, if your assessment is accurate, then it sounds like we had a good effort...and Mrazek just had a bad night. If you've got to take a loss, that's the best kind to take.

Yeah I agree. I was just on a mini-rant about the knee-jerk doom around here following a loss.

Given how the Wings operate, I'd rather play Tampa 30 times than Buffalo

:lol:

And the Jimmy Haters go silent

Sorry, I had my Into Physics lab last night

I know jimmy has his flaws and I know mrazek has his flaws some people don't want to see them

Who are you talking about? Because I don't recall anyone saying Mrazek doesn't haven't any flaws.

If you're going to compare Howard vs Mrazek you have to consider that one is a 23 year old third string rookie and the other is a 31 year old who's been starting in the NHL for 5 seasons.

Cue up the 'Trade Mrazek and let McCollum start he is the future goalie' posts.

roboturner, why don't you start us off.

Right, because a couple of bad games and no other considerations whatsoever are how I've been making decisions :glare:

I think Mrazek could use a game off to think, and McCollum has been good when coming in. It'll be interesting to see what they do. My gut tells me Mrazek will get the go though. He was almost so bad tonight that you have to give him another shot soon. He hasn't been great the last few games, but tonight was a total mental collapse. You'd think it has to go up from here, but he might need a game to sit and think about it.

I think he could use a night off, but I don't know if having him sitting around thinking about how bad it's been going is going to help. However if he plays and it continues like this it won't help either.

Mind-blowing to me how people could get worked up about this team based on a game when your AHL goalie has a meltdown night and plays terrible. Also mind-blowing how much flack Mrazek is getting for it. This is what I hate about call ups, especially extended ones. There's the upside of them getting some real experience, but it has a tendency of coloring people's perceptions of a player unfairly. I still expect Mrazek to be with the Wings full time next season and to come out of camp in a backup role looking great.

And I'm most certainly not scared of literally any team in this league because of a silly game like this.