• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Marchenko recalled from GR... Ouellet sent down

Rate this topic

Trade coming up, Sabres have been scouting Griffs games lately, Myers inbound methinks but who do they want ? Would we give up Pulks and Ouellett for him thou? Lash is odd man out and will be back in GR can't see anyone claiming him.

Maybe Buff wants to see what Marchenko can do in the NHL? I honestly wouldn't mind dealing Ouellet or Marchenko in a package for Myers but I wouldn't be moving Pulkkinen at this point. Id rather move Jurco than Pulkkinen considering our needs.

For the record I would much rather have Larsson out of NJ than Myers. Thats who we should target.

i think whats going to happen is we trade oullet and a pick for myers ( maybe add in kindl) then we have myers on our second pairing and marchenko on our first, gives us 2 right handed shots on 2 of our pairings, which is very nice! Id be open for that, plus myers has a little bit of grit and hes a big body who acctualy clears out the front of the net.

EDIT: BIG NEWS: https://twitter.com/thescore/status/561222882554949633

Coyotes gm: Only untouchable if shane doan; Ekman-Larsson, Vermette, Yandle are available. If i was holland i overpay for either yandle or OEL. Oullet, jurco, kindl,and a pick

Edited by ash11

i think whats going to happen is we trade oullet and a pick for myers ( maybe add in kindl) then we have myers on our second pairing and marchenko on our first, gives us 2 right handed shots on 2 of our pairings, which is very nice! Id be open for that, plus myers has a little bit of grit and hes a big body who acctualy clears out the front of the net.

Coyotes gm: Only untouchable if shane doan; Ekman-Larsson, Vermette, Yandle are available. If i was holland i overpay for either yandle or OEL. Oullet, jurco, kindl,and a pick

Phoenix is mental if they trade larsson ... If he's really available he's the top d we should go for

Wait.

Why would marchenko be put on our first pairing and myers on our second?

Shouldn't the guy who's been in the NHL for a while eating big minutes have the harder assignment?

I would lose my fruit if we traded for Myers. Agh. Just no. I don't care whether he's been stuck on a s*** team for years now, if you're good, it doesn't matter the caliber of team you have around you. I can just see it being a big mistake if they trade for him.

As for Marchenko. I think the Wings have identified quite handily that Ouellet is ready and will be good to go. In other words, I don't think they're gonna trade him. They know what they have in him, and he's pretty much earned his spot.

They need to know if any of the other young D guys are NHL ready now, and it's also a showcase to other teams so when the deadline comes around, KH can be like 'you know so and so, looked ready in his brief stint last month...'

All it does is give the Wings more pieces to potentially move and more leverage. And let's face it. All 4 of Sproul, Ouellet, Marchenko and Jensen aren't going to play for the Wings if they all make it. There's just not enough spots. Not next year or the year after. So something's gotta give.

More like Tatar, XO, 1st round pick.

OEL is going to be a #1 dmen. You don't just get them for what we think is valuable.

Edited by darkmanx

Just another take on the Buffalo brass scouting GR games - George Malik brought up that Rochester has a back-to-back vs. Grand Rapids next week, so perhaps it's more about preparing for those games. Not to say they weren't there to scout GR talent, but that does add a practical reason for them being there.

As far as the OEL stuff goes, I'm not sure what would get Maloney to move him. I'm thinking it'd have to be a massive overpayment. I can't even wrap my head around moving a 23-year-old stud player as part of a rebuild - at least, not without getting a king's ransom back for him. I wonder if it's a way to get talks going about some of the other guys Maloney wants to ship out (Yandle and Michalek). "Yeah, that doesn't get you OEL... but let's discuss Keith Yandle."

Just another take on the Buffalo brass scouting GR games - George Malik brought up that Rochester has a back-to-back vs. Grand Rapids next week, so perhaps it's more about preparing for those games. Not to say they weren't there to scout GR talent, but that does add a practical reason for them being there.

As far as the OEL stuff goes, I'm not sure what would get Maloney to move him. I'm thinking it'd have to be a massive overpayment. I can't even wrap my head around moving a 23-year-old stud player as part of a rebuild - at least, not without getting a king's ransom back for him. I wonder if it's a way to get talks going about some of the other guys Maloney wants to ship out (Yandle and Michalek). "Yeah, that doesn't get you OEL... but let's discuss Keith Yandle."

Perhaps.

But maybe they're looking for a full on rebuild, and oel gets you more than one pick in this draft.

After reading up on it the OEL trade-bait rumors are probably being overhyped. Coyotes GM Maloney said "Shane Doan is not going anywhere. Oliver Ekman-Larsson is a player we would certainly be very very reluctant to part with"

In context it sounds like he has about the same chance of getting moved as Doan, and they're not actively shopping the guy.