• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Marchenko recalled from GR... Ouellet sent down

Rate this topic

What's to know? He's been with the same organization his whole career. If he doesn't want to leave, you don't ask him to.

Shane Doan isn't going to hurt the team's rebuild by staying, nor is he going to bring back substantial enough assets in a trade to greatly aid in the rebuild.

The mindset around here is that Doan is their Yzerman, which makes me :lol:

But that's how they feel. Immediate jersey retirement, job in the front office, etc. whatever.

I would salivate over OEL in a Wings jersey though. Kid's the real deal.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

The mindset around here is that Doan is their Yzerman, which makes me :lol:

But that's how they feel. Immediate jersey retirement, job in the front office, etc. whatever.

I would salivate over OEL in a Wings jersey though. Kid's the real deal.

If we got him, would you say we hit the juckf***ingpot

didnt know where to put this feel free to move it

Holland said this today in an article

"I think Marchenko has played well in the AHL," Holland said. "We need to give Marchenko an opportunity. We had the opportunity to look at (Teemu) Pulkkinen and Ouellet. We might take a look at one or two more kids so we know what we got."

wonder who them "one or two" kids would be? sproul, callahan, ferraro, AA?
Edited by trule23

"I think Marchenko has played well in the AHL," Holland said. "We need to give Marchenko an opportunity. We had the opportunity to look at (Teemu) Pulkkinen and Ouellet. We might take a look at one or two more kids so we know what we got."

wonder who them "one or two" kids would be?

Sproul undoubtedly, i think. Jensen is probably the or two. Maybe Callahan? I mean, he's only played 1 NHL game in his 4 years in GR. That not the cup of coffee he deserves - it's an Espresso maybe.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

OEL is 23 years old (turning 24 in July). Our kids (Tatar, Jurco, Nyqvist) are all around that age already so if they are looking for pieces for a rebuild and don't think OEL is part of it then neither will our kids.

It would probably take at least 1 first rounder and another highish pick (2nd rounder) plus one of Mantha/Larkin to even get things started. I doubt they would be interested having our young forwards in detroit on for the rebuild if they don't mind losing oel for a rebuild.

I think Landon gets another look and maybe Callahan.

I like Yandle, even more now that it seems Kronwall's offense had dried up a bit. I think they would be an awesome pair. I'd give them any D prospects who don't project to be as good as him (I know duh right) a pick and Jurco.

Honestly though, I'm not very good with making trade proposals. Too much NHL on Xbox.

wonder who them "one or two" kids would be? sproul, callahan, ferraro, AA?

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2015/01/detroit_red_wings_anxious_to_s.html

AA is out with a broken jaw, I believe.

The only reason to trade OEL is of they got several pieces for their rebuild. If I was the Wings GM I'd tell them Kronwall, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Howard are off the table. Pick any roster player and a prospect or two plus a pick for him. Tatar Mantha and Ouellet for a 23 year old top pair D? Yes please.

Doan really is their Yzerman as sad as that is.

Edited by DickieDunn

I think Landon gets another look and maybe Callahan.

I like Yandle, even more now that it seems Kronwall's offense had dried up a bit. I think they would be an awesome pair. I'd give them any D prospects who don't project to be as good as him (I know duh right) a pick and Jurco.

Honestly though, I'm not very good with making trade proposals. Too much NHL on Xbox.

I think Kronwalls offense has been lacking because he's had to play more defense with Ericsson struggling and possibly trying to give Mrazek extra support Howard wouldn't need

The only reason to trade OEL is of they got several pieces for their rebuild. If I was the Wings GM I'd tell them Kronwall, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Howard are off the table. Pick any roster player and a prospect or two plus a pick for him. Tatar Mantha and Ouellet for a 23 year old top pair D? Yes please.

Doan really is their Yzerman as sad as that is.

I would not do that trade any day of the week. Let's look at this in terms of potential. If all the guys above pan out, then you could be trading a top line power forward (Mantha), and top 6 forward (at least) who plays with more heart, energy and desire for the puck than anyone else I know (Tatar), and a top-4 D man in Ouellet.

All for a top pairing D man?

I know you have to give to get, and that's fine. But I wouldn't do that IMO.

Dickie, I get that you're not big on developing prospects and that you will always take the better player in a trade but there's no way you trade all of that potential for one top pairing defenseman... Sorry, but you're out to lunch if you think that's a good trade for us. Tatar is already a top 6 player on any team in the league, Mantha is the best prospect we've had in our system in years, has had success at every level he's played, and by all rights should become a legit power forward at the NHL level. And then on top of that, Ouellet has the potential to be a solid 2nd pairing defenseman. I think that trade MIGHT make us marginally better today, although I'm not even sure about that, seems how we're losing out scoring leader plus a solid up and coming third pairing guy, and we definitely 100% lose that trade 5, 10, 15 years from now... I'm not even sure I would do that trade for Weber or Ekblad (although I'd be very tempted) but for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, no way. He's a pretty good top pairing guy but he's nowhere near the top of my (never gonna get) dream list...

As for Marchenko, I hope he proves me wrong in this call-up. I haven't been overly impressed with him so far this season, despite his point totals. I don't expect him to be anything more than a bottom, pairing shut-down guy at the NHL level. It would be awesome if he can translate some of that offense to the NHL, but I just don't expect it. I see him being like a young Ericsson. He's a big guy that can clear the front of the net, rub guys out along the boards (he isn't much of a big hitter) and has a pretty good first pass (something Ericsson has seemed to have lost lately...)

Kr, you are hitting the nail on the head regarding OEL, I'd say. What were you thinking of Marchenko last season before the high ankle sprain? I know you watch much more of the Griffs than I'm able to. The feeling I had was that his skating was only recently coming back to pre injury form, but that is admittedly founded on largely secondhand info.

If OEL would be available - which Maloney has stated he is not - save for DeKeyser I would tell Maloney pick your prospect of choice or one of Tatar/Nyquist, we give you a first rounder, 2nd and a B level prospect. OEL will be the next stud soon let him bulk up and that guy will dominate one day. Contenders are built from the net out and the Wings have nobody even close to the potential of OEL (sky is the limit for this kid).

Edited by frankgrimes

Xym, I think his skating has improved but I'm not sure if that's recovering from the injury or just developing as a player. In a Blashill interview at the end of last season (prior to the injury), he said something along the lines of "Alexey is going to be an NHL player for sure, I think he can develop into a real solid second pair shut down guy" and when asked about his strengths he mentioned his great outlet pass, big body, great at getting in lanes, breaking up plays and blocking shots... When asked about his weaknesses, he said "skating". He's never been a great skater, but he has improved a lot in that area. I think it's more to do with him concentrating on improving that part of his game, although I'm sure the ankle sprain was a bit of a set back for sure.

i wouldnet give up tats but i would give up smith jurco and a first rounder for oel, honestly acctualy id rather give up big e for oel

While some of the other offers on this thread are overpayments.

There's no way we're getting OEL for Smith, Jurco, and a first... that's an extremely weak offer.

...and then you pony up Ericsson. That kind of offer is the kind that gets you hung up on.

Doan likely isn't interested in leaving.

Doan is their franchise player. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I don't imagine anyone in that organization thinking that Doan is in any way, shape, or form Yzerman-like other than he is the face of their franchise and someone they want in the organization. Doan probably loves Arizona and doesn't want to end up like Iginla -- former face of the Flames franchise.

As for Marchenko, I hope he proves me wrong in this call-up. I haven't been overly impressed with him so far this season, despite his point totals. I don't expect him to be anything more than a bottom, pairing shut-down guy at the NHL level. It would be awesome if he can translate some of that offense to the NHL, but I just don't expect it. I see him being like a young Ericsson. He's a big guy that can clear the front of the net, rub guys out along the boards (he isn't much of a big hitter) and has a pretty good first pass (something Ericsson has seemed to have lost lately...)

Hmmm. Marchenko = young Ericsson. Keep Marchenko and let's jettison Big Rig,

Doan is their franchise player. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I don't imagine anyone in that organization thinking that Doan is in any way, shape, or form Yzerman-like other than he is the face of their franchise and someone they want in the organization. Doan probably loves Arizona and doesn't want to end up like Iginla -- former face of the Flames franchise.

Exactly. and he's given his career to that organisation, and the city of Phoenix and the community. If anyone's earned the right to stay around, it's him.