• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/31 GDT : Islanders 1 vs. Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Just did a standings check. 3 teams in the division are on pace for 110+ points and Rangers (the last Wild Card) are on pace for 103 points. Is this abnormally high? It seems like it is.

Since The Sabres have been kind enough to abstain from taking points there are plenty to go around.

Seriously though, it's because of all the Shootout/Ot games. More and more points as parity becomes the norm.

Dankeschön :) Hab bisher immer nur mitgelesen, aber jetzt wollte ich auch mal aktiv mitmachen hier.

Marchenko looked solid. You didn't see much from him, but he didn't make any bigger mistakes, that I saw....ah, and he saved the puck before the second goal, if I remember correctly.

Edited by HasekHool

Missed the game, but checking the score, seems like a decisive win against a very good team. I see Mrazek got 2nd star. Great to see he rebounded quickly from the shelling by Tampa. He's got alot of confidence and skill, just needs more games in the NHL, and it looks like he'll get at least a few more before Howies back. I thought they MAY go with McCollum today, but it was a good choice putting Mrazek back out there quickly to shake it off.

how did Marchenko look?

He was solid.

IMO he was better than oulette, and the right handed shot let smith play his natural side which made smith better.

Calm with the puck, didn't look out of place, he looked good enough to me that id say put him with kronwall to see how he looks against tougher opponents.

Then our d pairings would be more balanced, wed have a righty lefty combo on the back end of the top line, and e would be off the top pair.

Kronwall - Marchenko

Quincey - Dekeyser

Smith - Ericsson

I honestly want to bring up Sproul and Jensen to see how they do, then whichever looks better keep him, trade Ericsson or smith and wed have two pairs with a right and left shot.

It made a noticeable difference with Marchy tonight, and as long as they're not making a bunch if rookie mistakes it gives us more potential options for trades.

The only worry I have with it would be having all those young guys going into the playoffs, but it could make us better.

Having a right shot on that bottom pair directly contributed to Smith's goal. Marchenko made a play at the line to keep the puck in, and chipped in in deep on his forehand (something a lefty couldn't do) to Jurco who found Smith in good position for the one timer (something he couldn't have done if he'd been on the other side).

Good work by all involved, but having the right/left pair out there was a huge key to that goal.

I was right. Petr the Great. Wish I could have seen all of the game... hate the 1PM start on a Saturday, but all's well since the Wings rebounded and won. LGRW!!

Looks like a lot of people forgot this was an afternoon game.

Nah, some of us just had other commitments in the middle of a Saturday. Weekend warriors are hockey fans, too.

Nice bounce back win by the Wings. I thought the Datsyuk line was excellent and so was Glendening. Defense and Mrazek were much better than in Tampa. They really limited the Islanders scoring chances.

Watching it live at the Joe, I honestly didn't think Marchenko was all that good. I'm sure he was solid defensively which is his game, but I noticed he struggled moving the puck in the first period especially. Definitely an area where Ouellet is further along, but I like they are giving Marchenko a look still.

Overall, great month of January for the Wings with a tough schedule and road games. Gonna be even tougher in February, but this team always finds a way to keep competing.

I thought Smith was our best dman for the diret first 10 games of the season. Coincidentally he was playing on his natural side on a pair with 65. Marchenko didn't look out of place at all today even stepping up at center to make the play that eventually led to Smith's goal. I want to see Sproul and Jensen before the trade deadline though. It's clear one or maybe more will go at some point. Might as well know what you have.

Could someone (or several someones) kindly provide a synopsis of how the game looked, including how Marchenko fared, how Mrazek looked following his last performance, and anything else of note or that jumped out at you guys in any way?

Didn't think Petr was spectacular but solid. I thought Sheahans line was rolling, it's so hard to get the puck off those guys. Pavs line was the best with Tartar constantly creating offense. The D overall looked great. Smith finally uncorcked that shot. Marchenko didn't look out of place. Quincey and Dekeyser really shut down Tavares line. 55 and E looked good other than one gaffe. Overall the team looked very good today.

I thought Smith was our best dman for the diret first 10 games of the season. Coincidentally he was playing on his natural side on a pair with 65. Marchenko didn't look out of place at all today even stepping up at center to make the play that eventually led to Smith's goal. I want to see Sproul and Jensen before the trade deadline though. It's clear one or maybe more will go at some point. Might as well know what you have.

Didn't think Petr was spectacular but solid. I thought Sheahans line was rolling, it's so hard to get the puck off those guys. Pavs line was the best with Tartar constantly creating offense. The D overall looked great. Smith finally uncorcked that shot. Marchenko didn't look out of place. Quincey and Dekeyser really shut down Tavares line. 55 and E looked good other than one gaffe. Overall the team looked very good today.

Very nice summary of the game, I also completely agree about Smith's first 10 games. I heard in an interview or read (not sure where) that he was really going to clean up the mistakes in his game and mentioned trying to be perfect.

Was that NYI's best effort? They weren't as impressive today as in a couple games I've seen em in. Or did the Wings just shut them down?