• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

National Hockey League Feb 2-8 Week GDT

Rate this topic

Kings lose again....geez.

It's looking pretty bad. 5 Points short of a Wildcard spot and if the Canucks win their game in hand it's seven. Not to mention the three teams above them. When was the last time the defending Stanley Cup Champion didn't make it into the postseason ? If they can still manage to sneak into the playoffs from that position I consider it a greater effort than winning the Cup from 8th seed.

It's looking pretty bad. 5 Points short of a Wildcard spot and if the Canucks win their game in hand it's seven. Not to mention the three teams above them. When was the last time the defending Stanley Cup Champion didn't make it into the postseason ? If they can still manage to sneak into the playoffs from that position I consider it a greater effort than winning the Cup from 8th seed.

gaining 5 points in 30 games is a much bigger feat then winning the Stanley cup from 8th seed? What?

It's not so much about gaining these five points towards the Canucks but more about getting the Wildcard spot. With Vancouver, Winnipeg, Minnesota ,Dallas and Colorado you have five other teams in the mix from which four have to perform worse than the Kings. Possible ? Yes. But incredibly hard especially with Quick not playing at his top.

Edited by derblaueClaus

gaining 5 points in 30 games is a much bigger feat then winning the Stanley cup from 8th seed? What?

To illustrate further how deep the hole is the Kings dug themselves in let's use the method used in this article, e.g. how many wins do the Kings need to get to a save playoff spot. The article assumes that 95 points are enough to reach the desired spot and because I don't know better let's assume that it's a fair bet. Kings are now at 54 points, to reach 95 the have to go 20-11-1 in their last 32 games. As I said : Possible, but incredibly hard.

Edited by derblaueClaus

To illustrate further how deep the hole is the Kings dug themselves in let's use the method used in this article, e.g. how many wins do the Kings need to get to a save playoff spot. The article assumes that 95 points are enough to reach the desired spot and because I don't know better let's assume that it's a fair bet. Kings are now at 54 points, to reach 95 the have to go 20-11-1 in their last 32 games. As I said : Possible, but incredibly hard.

So the wildcard spot would have to go 18-14 to make the playoffs? I dint see that happening.

So the wildcard spot would have to go 18-14 to make the playoffs? I dint see that happening.

In case of the Canucks it's actually 18-15. Going a little north of 0.500 is not demanding too much of any squad that is able to make the playoffs.

In case of the Canucks it's actually 18-15. Going a little north of 0.500 is not demanding too much of any squad that is able to make the playoffs.

Ya but the canucks have been very streaky this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see them fall out of the playoffs

Blues and Blackhawks...why couldn't THIS be Wednesday night rivalry?

we'd probably still get stuck with Edzo...

Equalizer by Tarasenko. What a beauty.

Edited by e_prime