• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

2015 Draft

Rate this topic

Hmmm, I'll look for something else. I'm accessing from my work computer, which probably filters all that junk.

Edit: Damn, no can do. Apparently the Chicago Tribune is still a pay for play newspaper. Yet another reason Chicago is inferior. Lame.

Edited by kipwinger

Hmmm, I'll look for something else. I'm accessing from my work computer, which probably filters all that junk.

Edit: Damn, no can do. Apparently the Chicago Tribune is still a pay for play newspaper. Yet another reason Chicago is inferior. Lame.

All good. Thanks anyway.

It honestly sounds like he just has add, if that's the case get him on some medication that'll even him out and most of his problems could be fixed...

I haven't found anything really terrible about him that would make me think otherwise.

Apparently he had some "issues" with his former USHL coach, but I really don't put too much stock into it. What teenager hasn't run across some blowhard douchebag coach that just pisses them off? I know I sure did.

Apparently he had some "issues" with his former USHL coach, but I really don't put too much stock into it. What teenager hasn't run across some blowhard douchebag coach that just pisses them off? I know I sure did.

Ha. I don't think many kids do, honestly.

I stopped playing midway through a season because of a coach before, but it was because the way he was treating everyone on the team.

and I'd be way more shocked if you didn't do that in your life...ha.

I've been meaning to make this point for a while now...

I think Evgeny Svechnikov sucks. I dont think he has a high enough skill level to play in an NHL top 6, and i don't think he has the defense/intangibles to be an NHL bottom 6er. Essentially IMO hes a Damien Brunner type.

I would trade Svech b4 anyone else discovers this, b4 his stock plummets.

Obvi hope im wrong, but then again ive never ever been wrong

Fight me

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think Evgeny Svechnikov sucks. I dont think he has a high enough skill level to play in an NHL top 6, and i don't think he has the defense/intangibles to be an NHL bottom 6er. Essentially IMO hes a Damien Brunner type.

Fight me

I agree with you. If he would improve his  effort on defense I think he could be a middle 6 winger. That is one thing we have plenty of. If we could swing him for a good young D prospect or even Faulk I would be happy.

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Fight me

Svechnikov definitely doesn't "suck", and he does have plenty of raw skill, but I don't think he'll ever be a top line winger. I still think he'll be a solid middle six winger though. I do agree that we should probably be shopping him. Ideally, we could package him for a high end defenseman around the same age or younger. Which is why I think Carolina / Bean would be a perfect trade partner / target...

21 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Trade him to the team that drafts his brother next month?

Yeah, that team will likely be Carolina, unless they opt to take Zadina for the chemistry with Necas. I doubt that happens, but if it does Montreal would take Svechnikov, and they have nothing I'd want to trade for, outside of maybe Drouin, and they're not trading him.

Carolina has seemed like a great trade partner for the past couple years. They have one of the better young defensive corps in the league, and need depth on the wings. We have depth on the wings and desperately need to add some high end defensemen. Svechnikov would be a good fit in Carolina. Now that they're likely to draft his younger brother, maybe that would entice them to pull the trigger on a trade involving him...

Svechnikov has never been quite as talented or quite as tantalizing as Mantha, but where he is right now does kind of remind me of where Mantha was when the infamous "very disappointing" comment was made. Svechnikov had a great rookie campaign in the AHL, then he was injured in preseason and went on to have a "very disappointing" sophomore season. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming that injury basically sank his season straight out of the gate.

I'm not expecting greatness, but I do think he has the potential to be a respectable scoring-line winger in the NHL. I figure his trade value is pretty negligible right now, so I wouldn't be in a rush to move him -- unless, perhaps, adding him as a sweetener to a package is what allows us to get a worthwhile high-end defenseman.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Geezus! Montreal has FOUR 2nd rounders this draft! They'll get a stud in the 1st and then four very solid players in the 2nd!

If they're smart (Bergevin isn't), they'll look to package a couple of those 2nd's to get another 1st... I'm still hoping Holland has a trade or two up his sleeve to improve our draft position (after 6), but I doubt he'll do much of anything...

EDIT: wrong thread...

Edited by krsmith17

On 5/15/2018 at 7:34 PM, krsmith17 said:

What if only Svechnikov makes it as a middle six winger?

He was drafted 19th overall. I would be OK with a middle six winger. If he was drafted in the top 10 or 15, then I would be very, very, very disappointed. What disappoints me the most is that Brock Boeser was taken 4 picks later. Obviously, i would rather have picked him.

Saarajarvi was a 3rd rounder. If he at least turns out to be a 3rd pairing, I would be OK with that. I am just not going to expect Datsuk, Zetterberg type picks anymore. Those days are gone.

So even if all we have to show from that draft is a middle six winger and a 5/6 dman, its okay. Not every year is going to be a home run. 2014 was a decent draft for us and 2016 was tremendous. I am OK with 2015 being a little light.

On 6/28/2015 at 4:56 PM, PumpkinEscobar said:

Hakan liked him a lot

Hakan is still riding a rep built on a few guys he found decades ago.

On 5/15/2018 at 8:34 PM, krsmith17 said:

What if only Svechnikov makes it as a middle six winger?

If they get a winger who consistently scores 20-25 goals and another 20 assists, it won't be bad, just won't live up to the hype some people put on him.  Therefore he "sucks."

Like most prospects, I'd trade him for a young proven NHL player in a second, though.

4 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Hakan is still riding a rep built on a few guys he found decades ago.

If they get a winger who consistently scores 20-25 goals and another 20 assists, it won't be bad, just won't live up to the hype some people put on him.  Therefore he "sucks."

Like most prospects, I'd trade him for a young proven NHL player in a second, though.

Perhaps you need to read my original post again. I don't think he "sucks" because he's only going to be a 40 pt winger. I think he "sucks" cause he's not good enough to play in the NHL at all. Hope that's clear enough for you.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Perhaps you need to read my original post again. I don't think he "sucks" because he's only going to be a 40 pt winger. I think he "sucks" cause he's not good enough to play in the NHL at all. Hope that's clear enough for you.

Let's give him a little time to develop, shall we?