• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingsfan4life19

Report: Red WIngs interested in Franson

Rate this topic

This is from a few days ago...probably not much new news to us...

TRADE DEADLINE: The NHL trade deadline is a month away and many are wondering what kind of splash the Red Wings will make on March 2.

Babcock met with general manager Ken Holland on Monday - as he does most days - and discussed what he feels are the team's needs heading down the stretch.

"There's no surprises, he knows what I want," Babcock said. "Now in the end can you do what a guy wants? Is it possible or is the cost too great, short term, long term, all those things. Those are all things Ken and I deal with. In the end, Ken has the final decision on all this, just like our roster. ... During the game I decide who goes on the ice, but he gives a ton of feedback in that area too, but we talk after each game too. That's how we work together."

Last season, injuries up the middle forced the Wings to acquire a veteran center in David Legwand. But this season, other than a few wants, the Wings really don't have any burning needs.

"Everyone knows when the deadline is and there will be some moves," Zetterberg said. "But if you look back in our history, it's not often that something happens. Last year, we had a lot of injuries and we made a deal to get Legwand. This year, we're healthy so I don't expect us to do much, but if something happens it will happen."

Babcock has a wish list, but he wasn't prepared to elaborate on Monday.

"I'm not getting into that part," he said. "Sometimes it's reasonable and sometimes it's not reasonable. That's the general manager's job and the pro scouts to sort that out."

Read on NHL.com that the Wings would be one of the teams most interested in Neuvirth or Enroth if the Sabres decide to move either. Are they really needed here?

nope, not sure why BUF would move them either

Edited by number9

NHL Numbers is still around. I've only poked around there once since CapGeek went down but it seemed to be essentially the same thing.

No. It's not as easy to use and it doesn't have all the same tools capgeek had, and you can look more than a few years into the future

I don't believe for a minute that the Leafs won't get more than a second for Franson, and adding Callahan or Ferraro to it won't be enough. I'm not as high on Pulkinnen as some people, but that's the level of prospect they'll get in addition to the pick, and I don't want to move him for a guy who is probably only going to be here for the rest of this season.

Franson for Franzen, Win/Win?

Both those names on the same team would really be tiring.

Chances of this trade happening is 0.

Maybe a mutiple player both ways deal would work out better, but the players in that deal id have no idea.