• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

2/5 GDT - Red Wings 3 at Avalanche 0

Rate this topic

This team is making a believer out of me. Not sure why this game in particular stood out, but 8 or 9 in this stretch, I would have told you you were high. The grueling schedule as of late would test them and they've answered the bell. Obviously a lot to be had, but I think the Wings will really compete for the Cup this year, no lie. LGW!

This team is making a believer out of me. Not sure why this game in particular stood out, but 8 or 9 in this stretch, I would have told you you were high. The grueling schedule as of late would test them and they've answered the bell. Obviously a lot to be had, but I think the Wings will really compete for the Cup this year, no lie. LGW!

this is a very tough month for us, im interested to see how we do. chi, la, ducks, sharks, preds, pens, montreal.

What a game. High intensity, great effort by everyone and a shutout for Mraz. Whats not to love ? With that win are now 2 points short of the division lead with 2 games in hand. TANK IT !

Whoa!!!!! Roenick giving the Wings props. Says they are now one of the top teams ... up there with Tampa. Is this real life?

Roenick is a moron, but even morons have bright moments it seems.

We were at the game last night! There was SO much red in the arena! And it's awesome when the winning-energy continues after the game and all the Wings fans are high-fiving and chanting "Let's Go Red Wings!" as everyone files out. A lot of the Avs fans left a few minutes early, so it seemed like it was just a Wings crowd filing out at the end. Awesome atmosphere! Awesome win!

Love my Wings!

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2015/02/05/patrick-roy-mackinnon-fighting-red-wings-crowd/20770

Terry Frei (@TFREI) takes yet another stale shot at living in the city of Detroit. How long until this joke gets old? We get it, Denver is a nicer place than Detroit. We get it, most places are nicer than the city of Detroit, but WTF does it have to do with winning or losing a Hockey game or the lack of fan support in Denver?

...of course, Roy was being both sincere and politically correct there. And to be fair, there's a corresponding situation when the Avalanche plays at Detroit. There, all the Coloradans who have moved to the Detroit Area show up wearing Avalanche sweatshirts or jerseys.

Both of 'em

Funny how that works.

so, winning or losing and fan support has nothing to do with the product on the ice, but everything to do with more Detroiters move to Denver than they move to Detroit because of the state of the city. We get it, Detroit still has problems, but if your kid is failing school, is it positive to keep calling him/her a failure or a retard? No, is has the quite opposite affect. Plus it gets old and stale and they grow tired and irritated of hearing it and one day you wake up and your kid blows up a school...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2015/02/05/patrick-roy-mackinnon-fighting-red-wings-crowd/20770

Terry Frei (@TFREI) takes yet another stale shot at living in the city of Detroit. How long until this joke gets old? We get it, Denver is a nicer place than Detroit. We get it, most places are nicer than the city of Detroit, but WTF does it have to do with winning or losing a Hockey game or the lack of fan support in Denver?

so, winning or losing and fan support has nothing to do with the product on the ice, but everything to do with more Detroiters move to Denver than they move to Detroit because of the state of the city. We get it, Detroit still has problems, but if your kid is failing school, is it positive to keep calling him/her a failure or a retard? No, is has the quite opposite affect. Plus it gets old and stale and they grow tired and irritated of hearing it and one day you wake up and your kid blows up a school...

Denver isn't nicer than Detroit, it's wealthier than Detroit. Many places are wealthier than Detroit, but not many places are nicer. Detroit has better beer, better music, better food, nicer people, more moxie, and most relevant to this discussion...better sports teams. f*** Denver, and f*** any other place where people confuse having money with having heart.

Denver isn't nicer than Detroit, it's wealthier than Detroit. Many places are wealthier than Detroit, but not many places are nicer. Detroit has better beer, better music, better food, nicer people, more moxie, and most relevant to this discussion...better sports teams. f*** Denver, and f*** any other place where people confuse having money with having heart.

Exactly. How can you compare a spot at the base of a mountain where some pioneer/settler stopped to take a dump to a city with as much culture and character and history as Detroit?

Darren Eliot, while a much worse goalie, is significantly better than Ozzie in every single aspect of broadcasting. At one point last night, while describing Petr Mrazek's struggles controlling rebounds, Eliot suggesting that Mrazek reach out, grab the puck, and say "will you be my friend".

I lost it.

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by kipwinger

Darren Eliot, while a much worse goalie, is significantly better than Ozzie in every single aspect of broadcasting. At one point last night, while describing Petr Mrazek's struggles controlling rebounds, Eliot suggesting that Mrazek reach out, grab the puck, and say "will you be my fried".

I lost it.

I remember that moment. It was great. Eliot looks like Bill Clement compared to Osgood.

The comments in that article, lol.

Are you talking about the city itself or the suburbs? Metro-Detroit has some of the most affluent suburbs in the country.

The comments in that article, lol.

Are you talking about the city itself or the suburbs? Metro-Detroit has some of the most affluent suburbs in the country.

One day I might mean Birmingham when they say "Detroit". But it ain't this day.