• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

So, Evander Kane...

Rate this topic

So, based on what Buffalo gave up, would the Wings equivalent have been Tatar + DeKeyser + Bertuzzi + Kindl (former first round semi-bust like Armia) + 1st?

I'd say it's closer to Dekeyser, Helm, Bertuzzi, Pulkkinen, 1st rounder.

There's nothing close to a Tatar coming back from the Sabres.

I cannot believe what Buffalo gave up for Kane! Sure he might become a great player someday but that remains to be seen. As far as Bogo is concerned he can be solid when hes healthy and that is starting to become an issue.

The Jets were in a no win situation with Kane and to pull this off? well done Chevy

Buffalo are furious about the trade as they should be.

As far as Myers being better than Bogosian my bad should have added potential wise.

Myers has all the tools to become at least a Chara light.

Wow I've read this is Cheveldayoff's first nhl fire nhl player move since becoming GM.. That can't be true

Edited by frankgrimes

So, th' Peg rids themselves of two problem children: Kane and Bogo (who I believe has been a healthy scratch recently/in Maurice's doghouse)

...get Myers (who, I'm sorry, as far as consistency goes is no worse than Bogo and probably has a higher ceiling) plus Stafford plus a first round pick and a couple pieces.

Seems like Winnipeg won this trade.

Stafford is a UFA though. If he leaves at the end of the season, do people still think Winnipeg wins this trade?

Yes because I think he helps them make the playoffs. At the very least he gives them another solid forward to fill the hole Kane would have left either way.

Hopefully they can find a way to re-sign him.

Good move for Winnipeg. Remains to be seen for Buffalo.

IMO, this will make the Sabres a worse team this year than before the trade...

...which is exactly what they want. They want to win the race to the bottom to better their chances at McDavid.

...which is exactly what they want. They want to win the race to the bottom to better their chances at McDavid.

They pretty much would have done that without the trade. It just doesn't really make sense from their perspective, especially giving up that late 1st rounder in what is supposed to be the deepest draft class in years. Without that pick the trade is only slightly lopsided in Winnipeg's favor, but man does it ever seem like overpayment on Buffalo's part...

The problem is not them getting worse it's that they've got themselves a problem child and an injury prone player in return for their biggest asset - assuming their first is as safe as it gets - fans are absolutely roasting Murray right now.

This has the potential to become a Seguin for Ericsson light trade...

Guest Playmaker

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Holland fan and I like our team. That said, why does it seem other teams can pull off these steals and the Wings can't? Maybe I'm just being a typical fan and overvaluing the Wings players and undervaluing other teams. I was thinking they'd have to basically give him away and they get some semi decent players and a first round pick?

Not understanding the thought process of acquiring an often injured attitude problem guy with a big contract who is out for 6 months. Seems like he'd fit better with a veteran team who'd put him in his place as opposed to a dreadful team with hodge podge of younger players. But what do I know?

Won't pretend to have been paying attention to the details but anyone know why the Wings didn't make any attempt to get Boychuk or Leddy when the Islanders basically got them for free in the off season. Because both look like they'd be worth gold to bolster Detroit's blue line, which is the only thing still preventing them from being serious contenders.

Won't pretend to have been paying attention to the details but anyone know why the Wings didn't make any attempt to get Boychuk or Leddy when the Islanders basically got them for free in the off season. Because both look like they'd be worth gold to bolster Detroit's blue line, which is the only thing still preventing them from being serious contenders.

Given their success this year it's hard to argue they're not contenders. IDK about Leddy, but the Bruins wanted to send Boychuk to a team they thought was going to be not so good.

Not sure about Leddy, but Boston wasn't trading Boychuk to a team within their division unless they got a much bigger return then they got from NYI. If Boston realized NYI would be a playoff team this year, I dont think they would have even traded with them. Should have traded him to the West.

Not sure about Leddy, but Boston wasn't trading Boychuk to a team within their division unless they got a much bigger return then they got from NYI. If Boston realized NYI would be a playoff team this year, I dont think they would have even traded with them. Should have traded him to the West.

I still can't wrap my head on that trade I'm sure the isles weren't the only ones asking about Boychuck and it's hard to believe that nobody would have been able to beat that offer. Chiarelli made another bad move after trading Seguin, not replacing Iginla and letting an energy guy in Thornton walk.

I mean at least trade Boychuck to the west instead of helping another eastern conference team out. Did he really believe his team would be the same quality product without their best scorer and a tank of a defenseman?

Johnny B. should have at least returned a solid prospect or a late first.