• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

So, Evander Kane...

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Lmao @ newest Kane lawsuit

Told some girl to abort his child and he'd give her 2 million dollars. She did it and then he never paid her. Best part is he can't "abort" this debt because he tricked her. She's suing and they'll probably settle. Also she had two previous abortions with him. One he paid her $125K to get. 

Not that I care per se, but you might want to cite some of this stuff.

13 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Sounds like fraud to me. He gave false pretenses in order deceive her into getting an abortion. And she had reasonable expectation that the deal would be honored since he had paid her to abort previously, and based on his salary it's reasonable to assume he could afford the sum. Maybe AFewGoodKips can shine some light on this.

Fraud is a criminal charge. Hers is a civil suit. Should a judge rule in her favor she would be financially compensated, but he wouldn't be charged with any crimes.

15 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Not sure if it matters, but I read she is suing him in bankruptcy court to ensure he'll still have to pay her.

28 million in unpaid debt.
2-3 million in debt that won't get wiped out if found liable for this abortion scheme
Hateful wife that's going to try to take anything he has left in the divorce

Is this the most f***ed someone can be?

It's not so much that's he's in massive debt, it's that he's basically destroyed his earning potential too. Remember when it came out that Jack Johnson's parents had basically blown through all his money and he was broke? Well he goes to bankruptcy court, sorts is out, and then has several more good earning years afterward to get himself in a good position. Kane, however, likely gets bought out and one has to assume will never play again. And since he's a dumbf*ck I'm gonna guess his ability to earn outside of hockey is pretty limited.

Edited by kipwinger

1 hour ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I assume the KHL would take him quickly. He's only 30 and he'd probably be extremely dominant over there. Plus his wife says he loves to vacation and party in Europe lol.

When they first announced he was filing for bankruptcy, I read something about how the Sharks terminating his contract would actually help him a lot in regard to his personal finances. I assume it was because he would no longer have any earnings to garnish.

My next question is, is someone under civil lawsuit and filing for bankruptcy considered a flight risk? Sounds like he's been in and out of the country this year so I guess not. If I was him I'd let the Sharks terminate me, and then cut n run for Russia. Stop paying USA taxes and leave your creditors in the dust. Start a new life in Europe playing hockey there. 

No such thing as a "flight risk" as it pertains to a civil suit. "Flight risk" generally means that a person who has been arrested for a crime won't be given bail because they're likely to leave the country rather than go to court. Kane hasn't been, and likely won't be, charged with any crimes.

As far as the bolded: This is all pretty complicated, and I'm not a bankruptcy expert, but here's what I think would likely happen. Because he still has SOME assets (his salary and/or the value of a payout if SJ buys him out) my guess is that he's probably filing Chapter 11 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, meaning that a bankruptcy court will work to consolidate all or part of his debts (including to the two ladies if there's legal merit for it) and develop a plan for him to repay the remaining debt (like they did with 50 Cent). That plan will have the effect of a court order. If he were to move to Europe and blow it off he'd be in violation of a court order (which is a crime) and a warrant could be issued for his arrest. No biggie if he's in Europe right? Nope, because aside from the fact that most European countries have extradition treaties with the U.S. he'd also be disqualified from a whole host of Embassy and Consular services he'd need to become a legal resident of another country. For instance, if you're a fugitive the government can revoke your passport. Without that you can't apply for a foreign visa, and without that you can't stay in most countries for more than a month or so. So basically he'd be screwed.

Edited by kipwinger

6 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

He filed for Chapter 7 in California. All I garnered from that was his creditors are temporarily barred from collecting on debts, and that a trustee will probably be appointed to sell off his assets for him to pay the debts. McCarty also filed for Chapter 7, I don't remember the details in his case though.

Kane listed $10 million in assets, with almost all of it being in property.
He lists $27 million in liabilities, and his daughter, mother, father, grandmother, and two uncles as dependents.
His monthly income is $2,000 (from his hockey & diversity podcast) and his monthly expenses are $93,000 (15K going to family members).

I'm not sure how his monthly income is only 2K when he made $3 million from his contract this year. He already spent it? Garnishing wages? Also how the hell do you spend 78K a month on yourself? He has 3 homes and god knows how many cars, but I would assume he bought all those in cash since he listed them as assets.

Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus don't have extradition treaties with the USA. Maybe he can work out a deal with a work visa to play for CSKA Moscow or something ahead of all this?

If he can't find a job in the NHL his best  course of action would be to play in Europe and work to pay off whatever remains of his debt after the courts settle with his creditors and liquidate all his assets. He's not really marketable in the U.S. or Canada anymore and playing in Europe w/o taking care of his financial obligations would turn pretty bad for him pretty quickly. Long story short, I hope his 20s were fun because he's going to be paying for them for a LONG time.

18 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I'm also curious as to how the Sharks will ditch him. Kane alluded to the fact that he might opt out of playing this year to care for his infant daughter (which is hilarious if you believe his wifes allegations), but he missed the opt out window and has been training with the team. Boughner also said he expects Kane will play the full season recently. The Sharks have also missed their buyout window and can't open another one now.

Seems like the only way to ditch him would be the league stepping in to terminate him. Or maybe the Sharks can say he violated a conduct clause.

I would try to get the contract terminated thru the league's conduct policy first. Saves them from having to pay him for a buyout and the cap hit.

19 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I'm just curious if Russia would play ball with the USA and Canada if he decided to say go play in the KHL and then "forget" to pay his debts. Snowden is still there and applied for Russian citizenship. Kane would probably be the best player in that league immediately. Their leading scorer last year was Shipachev, who got bumped off the Vegas roster over here. Not sure how much Putin would enjoy seeing an African-Canadian man beast his league though lol. 

He couldn't handle Russia.  They'd laugh if he mentioned white privilege to them.  

39 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

He couldn't handle Russia.  They'd laugh if he mentioned white privilege to them.  

And please correct me if I'm wrong, but 'woke culture' isn't a thing over there...Especially in the more remote areas in Eastern Russia/Siberia.

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Com'on Evander....this is spousal abuse she was hitting poor Chuck with a high heel.....

https://www.espn.com/mlb/news/2002/0403/1362902.html#:~:text=SANTA ANA%2C Calif.,were driving home from dinner.

Any married man with a sidepiece kinda deserves it IMO.