• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Sabres and Stars swap goalies: Enroth for Lindback

Rate this topic

There's more to it than just the two goalies. Buf also gets at least a third round pick....

@TSNBobMcKenzie: "If Jonas Enroth wins 4 playoff games for DAL, BUF gets 2nd round pick instead of 3rd. That's the condition. But BUF guaranteed at least 3rd"

Yeah, this is a pure tank move. Enroth is a much better goalie than Lindback, trade makes no other sense but to help them lose. Dallas def scored on this one, even with the pick they give up. Their goaltending has'nt been too solid this season.

Lindback once was to be Tampa's number one goalie and Yzerman paid a lot to get him from Nashville. Not all he does is genius.

Tampa has gone through alot of goalies in past years. I lost count long ago. Least now they have stability with Bishop.

I definitely think this trade hurts them but I guess I'm kind of looking at this trade specifically a little different. Enroth is a great goalie who likely could be a starter for another team (maybe Dallas) and Buffalo has been giving Neuvirth most of the starts. Both of them have expiring contracts and both want to be starters so you likely would only sign one. By doing this trade they get a signed backup, no matter how terrible he is, and you get a third rounder which isn't bad considering it's for a potential rental player.

Buffalo still has Neuvirth everyone. Lindback will be playing backup.

It was more or less that the Sabres had both Enroth and Neuvirth and they didn't need both.

They're hoping Lindback gets better, but won't mind losing a few if that isn't right away. Dallas gets a solid backup in Enroth. It was a perfect trade for both sides really.