• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/14 GDT : Jets 5 at Red Wings 4 (SO)

Rate this topic

Rough one for Howard but I can't get too mad considering the month of no hockey, not to mention he gave us every chance to win in that shootout which is something I don't get to say often. On a positive note though I thought Smith had an incredible game and that Datsyuk goal got me out of my seat.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

I know we always bash on Franzen being one streaky player. To be quiet honest, I've noticed Z as a streaky goal scorer. Wish he cud fix that. Could definitely up our game against these tougher teams. Glad Pav stepped up tho , very impressive.

Smith and pavs entire line was fantastic tonight. I thought zestys line was slow tonight. Howard wasn't great but finished strong.

I am happy with our D what I would like to see us add is a big hitting forward to replace Anderson. I think that is one element that we are missing and could really use that for the playoffs.

Paul Maurice has his team playing very good hockey. Not the most talented team in the NHL but they come to play every night and don`t give up. I love how they have 4 lines that forecheck like crazy. They will be a tough out for any team come the playoffs.

The Wings need to be a lot tougher to play against.

Agreed Red Crazy. Feel like Maurice is completely underrated as a coach. He's been doing a great job with the Jets starting back last season -- getting them motivated and playing well. Wouldn't hurt for them to add another scorer but...they're currently sitting in a good spot for the Wild Card. Going to be hard for them to catch Nashville or St. Louis, but catching Chicago isn't completely out of reach. Now that Chevy has actually made a move; jettisoning Kane and Bogo, the team might actually feel like they've got what they need to really compete in the playoffs.

The Jets as a whole played with a lot of.... "Enthusiasm" on the ice. They're my pick for a first round upset in the West if they get in.

Agreed. They finally look like a team ready to compete.

The Jets as a whole played with a lot of.... "Enthusiasm" on the ice. They're my pick for a first round upset in the West if they get in.

Agreed! I think they are a very underrated team. Their backend is huge except for Enstrom. The forwards attack on the forecheck like no other team. They will wear down a lot of better teams in the playoffs. Add how crazy the MTS center will be and they might go a long ways.

The jets are a huge surprise this year but let's be honest...Wings do have problems if the other team gets the forcheck going they have no answer.

Also there are still lots of points to be had the jets aren't a shoein yet

This team needs to become a much harder to play against one dare I say it hard nosed.

My upset pick in the west goes to LA.

Edited by frankgrimes

I think red wings are able to typical counter the hard forechecking with speed but the jets were able to match if not one up our speed so the game got away from us

Yup. Big and fast are the Jets. Wings... Not so big.

The jets are a huge surprise this year but let's be honest...Wings do have problems if the other team gets the forcheck going they have no answer. Also there are still lots of points to be had the jets aren't a shoein yet This team needs to become a much harder to play against one dare I say it hard nosed. My upset pick in the west goes to LA.

I agree. We have some big bodies as well but none of which play a hard nosed game. If the Wings do any kind of deal at all before the deadline I hope we can add some snarl.

A little late getting to this.... ******Disclaimer: I have not read anything from this thread*****

I made my annual trip to Detroit to watch this game. This year my father joined me. First time since my first trip to Detroit 13 years ago. This means a lot to me because he coached me all through my playing career.

Sorry about the potato quality picture.

10984279_10153074553413104_2168697219540

Started off with a Deep dish at pizzapapalis (its my pre-game ritual) then headed down to the Joe.

Good seats in the 200 level where Detroit Shot twice. Met a lovely couple's first game and on they're honeymoon. They were big time Grand Rapids Griffins fans.

Now to the game, this is what stood out:

I am sure anyone who watched this game knows Jimmy was just not good. Bad angles and very, very rusty. Good to see him bounce back against Montreal. Weiss looked bad, uninterested and just not present. I don't know if it is his minutes or not happy to be on the 4th line.

Jurco is trying hard to get out of a slump, but all his gambles made him look bad. Trying to be too fancy. Then he would make up for it the next shift. My name for him was Dr. Jurko and Mr. Hyde.

Tatar was not bad but not good. Did not really notice him.

Now for the good:

Z was controlling the play when he was on the ice and Abby was tough. He took a beating in front but stood his ground. Kronwall and Big E was our best defensemen (besides the OT breakaway)

The great:

Helm was flying, he looks like he does not want to lose his spot with Datsyuk. He all out hustle, creating time and space for Tatar and Datsyuk. However the best player by far was number 13, my father was in awe with the stuff he did on the ice. I think he summed it up the best "I now know why you drive 3 hours once a year to watch a hockey game. That man is worth the price of admission."

Favorite moment was how the roof blew off the Joe when Datsyuk tied the game.

My .02

I will now go back read what everyone else thought.