• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miksteri

Steve Montador Found Dead At His Home

Rate this topic

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/steve-montador-found-dead-at-his-home

Former NHL player Steven Montador was found dead inside his Mississauga home early Sunday morning, according to Peel Regional Police.

Police said a female friend woke up at 2 a.m. to find Montador deceased. She contacted police and he was pronounced dead just after 2:30 a.m. at his residence.

"Foul play is not suspected, pending the outcome of an autopsy," said Const. Fiona Thivierge, a Peel police spokesperson.

At this time, Thivierge said, the incident is being treated as a sudden death investigation, not a criminal investigation.

Not necessarily. Rare things such as aneurysms can happen at any age.

Your right ... Just with what's been happening last few years that's the first thought that came to my mind ... And I checked his hockeydb and says he was in the khl last yr and he wasn't playing this season

Can't help but think he was depressed and took his own life ... Either way it's sad

Well find out soon enough what happened

R.i.p

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Really not fair to speculate so early. 55fan is right, there are lots of things that could happen at any age such as a brain aneurysm or even a heart attack.

My condolences to his family.

Edited by kliq

Not necessarily. Rare things such as aneurysms can happen at any age.

Lana: What's your third biggest fear?

Archer: Brain aneurysm.

Lana: What's a brain aneurysm have to do with walking around in a swamp?

Archer: Nothing, it can happen anywhere at anytime, that's what makes it so terrifying.

Your right ... Just with what's been happening last few years that's the first thought that same to my mind ... And I checked his hockeydb and says he was in the khl last yr and he wasn't playing this season

Can't help but think he was depressed and took his own life ... Either way it's sad

Well find out soon enough what happened

R.i.p

It does come to mind after losing Boogaard and others recently. Aneurysms came to my mind first since one of the sweetest kids I ever babysat had one last month in her 30's. It wasn't fatal, but was close and now she has a hard, uphill battle remaining.

It does come to mind after losing Boogaard and others recently. Aneurysms came to my mind first since one of the sweetest kids I ever babysat had one last month in her 30's. It wasn't fatal, but was close and now she has a hard, uphill battle remaining.

I'm sorry to hear that i hope she makes a full recovery

Things like that ar always terrifying to hear, especially if your nearing that age. RiP Steve Montador, you at least made a dream of many kids come true and lived a live as an NHL-Player.

That's such a hilarious show.

It's the best. Except for House of Cards maybe.

Do we know if this was a suicide?

No, there is no information, everything is speculation. It could have been anything, it's unfortunate for him and his family to say the least.

Thoughts and prayers are with the Montador family in this sad time. Another former NHLer taken too soon, at least we were able to embrace a part of his life and career as fans of the sport.

He had over 70 fights in his NHL career, so if it's suicide, expect to hear more arguments against removing fighting from the game.

I know it's too early to speculate, but just a thought. We had several tough guys die a few years ago in a short span.