• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/16 GDT : Montreal Canadiens 2 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

He just immediately did his best Holmstrom impression in front of Howard. Absolutely horrible play by everyone on the ice on that one. 2 on 4 and they have two guys wide open in front.

Franson would have blocked that shot with his big body. Thanks Kenny. :thumbdown:

The Wings are close, but man I just don't know if they have enough to beat any of the other teams in the division in a seven game series. Especially when the games become tight and low scoring, who is going to score an ugly goal? Because the defense will probably mess up first, like they did tonight.

Need some size on the wing and obviously a top pairing d-man. But that has been five years running, so it's either wait it out for the prospects or get active in the trade market. Because right now, the Wings are still a couple pieces away from true contention.

Mind you, they are still fun to watch most nights and better than expected. These past two and the next six games though could be a real indicator of how far they have to go yet.

Edited by GoWings1905

Mrazek 9-1

Howard 0-2

I just don't like Jimmy. If Mrazek starts the next game and wins, Howard loses his #1 status. Something that a few if us called last season. Mrazek slowly taking over Jimmy's job.

I don't even want to justify this post, but did you happen to actually watch the game tonight?

Mrazek 9-1

Howard 0-2

I just don't like Jimmy. If Mrazek starts the next game and wins, Howard loses his #1 status. Something that a few if us called last season. Mrazek slowly taking over Jimmy's job.

I'm a Mrazek guy, but Mike Babcock will never turn the net over to Mrazek while Jimmy is here.

I'm a Mrazek guy, but Mike Babcock will never turn the net over to Mrazek while Jimmy is here.

Exactly what I was gonna say. Jimmy is 0-1-1 actually if you want to get technical. He was out for a month, played well tonight. He'll be fine.

If this is how the playoffs will be officiated they will struggle. They are relying too much on the power play. When you're only limited to 2 it's going to come back and bite you. Outside of that 4-1 win against the islanders, they have really struggled to get goals against the top teams in the East.

Mrazek 9-1

Howard 0-2

That's a little extreme. I'd say over the rest of the season/next season that could happen.

Next season would be Mrazek as 1A and Howard as 1B.

But it does need to be said that Petr has only 3 less wins than Jimmy has in quite a few less games played.