• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sputman

Does Kenny Hate Mickey?

Rate this topic

I'm not distracting anything. He's not as good as he was, he sounds like he's drunk half the time, and I don't think he'll be in the booth much longer.

Exactly how has he dropped off? And if you're going to say "because he sounds like he's drunk" please point out something that makes him sound like he is drunk? If It's bad enough that you honestly think he'll be out of his job, surely you can point out something about his commentating?

I have a feeling you think John Madden was a drunk too

Exactly how has he dropped off? And if you're going to say "because he sounds like he's drunk" please point out something that makes him sound like he is drunk? If It's bad enough that you honestly think he'll be out of his job, surely you can point out something about his commentating?

I have a feeling you think John Madden was a drunk too

I think John madden sounds like a rambling drunk.

Abubbub rip tub FOOTBALL!!!

It doesn't mean he's not great at what he does, Cuz he is.

But he sounds WAY more drunk then mickey.

Mickeys bad ass.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Gotta say, I've never noticed any animosity between the two, but Ken sounds genuinely frustrated and annoyed the way he said it in that clip.

See that's the way I feel, too. It's especially noticeable to me when I listen to the entire 7 min stretch, which is an eternity in hockey announcing.

I'm still somewhat partial to Dave Strader with Mickey Redmond. I get annoyed with the constant "connections" Ken is always trying to make. Oh, he's a Spartan and he's a Wolverine, they probably played against each other. That pass was picked off by his fellow countryman Stuff like that. He does it way too much.

That's nothing compared to the Pierre Maguire creepy trivia machine.

Guest Playmaker

You also have to keep in mind that Mickey has battled numerous health issues over the past several years........the celiac disease, had two thirds of a lung removed, had cancer in the other lung with surgery and chemo. Not to mention he is a 67 year old former hockey player. So if he's not the sharpest tack in the box, I'm more than wiling to give him a pass.

You also have to keep in mind that Mickey has battled numerous health issues over the past several years........the celiac disease, had two thirds of a lung removed, had cancer in the other lung with surgery and chemo. Not to mention he is a 67 year old former hockey player. So if he's not the sharpest tack in the box, I'm more than wiling to give him a pass.

Well he only played nine seasons. And he played back when the game was a lot slower and guys didn't where helmets (cause you really didn't need to). But I believe he retired early over having a bad back. He's had his fair share of health issues to say the least. However none have been cognitive.

I adore Mickey. I hope he does Wings broadcasts until he's 100. :wub:

It will be a sad day for me when Mickey decides to hand over the microphone to someone else. Whenever there is a Wings game, I find a source for FSD, specifically so I can listen to Mick and Ken call the game.

I adore Mickey. I hope he does Wings broadcasts until he's 100. :wub:

It will be a sad day for me when Mickey decides to hand over the microphone to someone else. Whenever there is a Wings game, I find a source for FSD, specifically so I can listen to Mick and Ken call the game.

Same. Rob Ray is garbage whenever I watch Sabres games.

Mick and Ken will leave huge shoes to fill one day. I vote Murph and Holmstrom as their replacements :hehe:

Mickey doesn't always go on road trips, because of his health and dietary restrictions, I believe. I am in for a long dry spell here, with the awful road schedule the Wings are headed out on. Blah.

Homer and Draper would be an awesome duo. Drapes could translate, where needed. :lol:

The game against the Habs was an extremely boring game. Other than the play call, there was not very much to talk about. I did notice Ken giving Mick a weird look right before the start of the game when Mick was talking about Howard and how he missed the Olympics (um hopefully he meant the All Star game) because of his groin injury. I loath the west coast trips because Mickey doesn't go on them anymore.

I get it, it's sacrilege to say anything bad about the best announcer EVAR!!!! because he's been in the booth forever. That doesn't change the fact that by the third period he sounds like you're sitting next to him in a bar. He's not as good as he used to be, and a lot of times he seems to fall into complaining about the refs and weak penalties, chuckling when the Wings get away with something he'd yell at the refs for, dropping a catch phrase, complaining about broken sticks, and waxing nostalgic about the good old days when you showed respect for another guy by "feeding him some lumber" when he was going to hit you. He's better between periods, but during the game I think he's slipping. If you disagree, or want to just say "It's Mickey and he's awesome and if you don't like it go piss up a rope," fine.

BTW, Madden was bad his last couple years, and Pat Summerall was the boozer in that duo.

I get it, it's sacrilege to say anything bad about the best announcer EVAR!!!! because he's been in the booth forever. That doesn't change the fact that by the third period he sounds like you're sitting next to him in a bar. He's not as good as he used to be, and a lot of times he seems to fall into complaining about the refs and weak penalties, chuckling when the Wings get away with something he'd yell at the refs for, dropping a catch phrase, complaining about broken sticks, and waxing nostalgic about the good old days when you showed respect for another guy by "feeding him some lumber" when he was going to hit you. He's better between periods, but during the game I think he's slipping. If you disagree, or want to just say "It's Mickey and he's awesome and if you don't like it go piss up a rope," fine.

BTW, Madden was bad his last couple years, and Pat Summerall was the boozer in that duo.

Those are your words, not mine. But I must say, you have a knack for exaggeration.

So complaining about the refs and broken sticks, chuckling when the wings don't get called, using a catch phrase, and talking about past hockey? I'm starting to think you don't know what a drunk is, or at least what one sounds like.