• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/18 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Blackhawks 2 (SO. Yes, SO!).

Rate this topic

Who's been to the UC to see a Wings/Hawks game?

I have but at least it wasn't against the Wings. I didn't like it at all. Sat up in the nose bleeds and the seating is steep. Also no one could go down by the glass during warm ups unless you had lower seating tickets. :evil:

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Nice gdt as always!

Only get to see this matchup twice a year now. Hope it's a good game!

Hopefully one of these years soon, it's more than twice. A wings vs hawks cup final would be incredible.

Wings win 4-3 in OT. Abby with the GWG. Pulk gets one, nyq with two from Weiss. LGW!!

I've been there for Wings and Hawks but I didn't wear my jersey (not as much because I was afraid to but because its a cheap jersey not a nice one). I didn't hide my pleasure when Wings did good so don't think anyone had any doubts I was a Wings fan and I didn't have any obnoxious fans issues.

I have, Hawks fans suck! They are belligerent, loud, and obnoxious. The bright side is there are usually plenty of Wings fans there to high five!

They may have calmed down a little since the last time I went - 2011. They were all relatively new to hockey at the time. ;) I have also noticed quite a difference depending on which tier you’re in. It seems the further you are from the glass the more likely you will be surrounded by a$$-clowns.

Who's been to the UC to see a Wings/Hawks game?

I had some standing room only tickets and went with a few of my friends a couple years back. We were all proudly wearing our Wings gear and to our delight when we got to the standing room section it was all Wings fans, and they greeted us like we were all best friends. My friends actually thought I knew these guys and planned to meet them there. Very cool. The standing room section is as far up in the arena as you can get, though, on either end of the rink, so literally the worst place to watch the game.

Unfortunately the Wings lost, and even more unfortunately, the Wings fans that were in my section got pretty belligerent and obnoxious as the night went on. I didn't have any problems with any Hawks fans or anything, but if this is the group that people use to represent Wings fans, I can understand why so many fan bases hate us.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see another solid game tonight. The Montreal game, despite the outcome, I think was well played. It would have been nicer to get some more inside looks and rebounds at Price, but Montreal's defensive system is better than Chicago's IMO, so I expect to see more opportunities tonight.

As for Pulkkinen, if he's actually playing in the top six, I don't expect him to be there for very long. My biggest gripe with his game the last time he was up wasn't that he wasn't adapting to less time and space to shoot pucks, but rather he wasn't very involved in the cycle or supporting the puck carrier, or protecting the puck in the offensive zone. He played high, weak side a lot, getting lost in coverage, but at the wrong times. Then all of a sudden the other team would get the puck and initiate a breakout. It's all fine and dandy if he can hide in coverage and put the puck in the net when he gets the pass, but in the NHL those opportunities aren't going to arise very often unless he's more proactive in helping his linemates set the play up. I'm hoping to see more of that tonight, then, when the Wings have clean possession and have a little time or space to see who's open, that's when it's time for Pulkinen to find his shooting lane.

It would be sweet if Pulks be playing first line with Zäta and Abdelkader tonight.

Abdelkader is good making space,all needed is finding a clear scoring lane for Pulks

and rest in the books,like in his first goal vs Minny,Dubnyk had no chance.

One mistake,same situation as with Minny,...

there be no hawk player able to block nor no hawk goalie that can stop his slap shot,

too hard and heavy,too accurate.

Pulks taking his first steps in the NHL,he'll learn,he'll find his spots eventually and be deadly,

i mean he has only played 9 games in the NHL.

PS. Pulks is barely 23 years old.