Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdelkalder
Jurco - Sheahan - Helm
Miller - Glendening - New gritty player

Kronwall - New

Dekeyser - New

Ericsson - Marchenko

Howard

Mrzak

Somehow we must get ride of Franzen, Weiss, Smith, Andersson, Kindl and Quincey.

Edited by matemate

Tatar - Datsuyk - Pulkkinen

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdelkalder

Jurco - Sheahan - Helm

Miller - Glendening - New gritty player

Kronwall - New

Dekeyser - New

Ericsson - Marchenko

Howard

Mrzak

Somehow we must get ride of Franzen, Weiss, Smith, Andersson, Kindl and Quincey.

Quincey is the least of our worries, with how well he's played add to that he's only got the rest of this season and next season remaining on his contract, the gritty new player for the fourth line will most likely be Callahan.

And I don't See Ericsson being moved all the way down the third pair.

He has his gaffes but he is a top four defenseman, and this year he came in less than 100% with his finger still being messed up and not being able to train fully.

So I give him a mulligan for the beginning of this season.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

I think getting rid of Weiss would be very difficult. Quincey deserves to stay as well. Would also like to see miller removed and replaced with someone physical

What miller lacks in "truculence"(:lol:)

He makes up for in penalty killing.

He's invaluable to our team and an essential part to our fourth lines success.

What miller lacks in "truculence"(:lol:)

He makes up for in penalty killing.

He's invaluable to our team and an essential part to our fourth lines success.

I will agree that he is a good and valuable part of the penalty kill he is extremely replaceable even strength

Even though I think he gets WAY too much heat, I totally get Franzen. I'm not screaming to get rid of him, but if he left I wouldn't be upset.

I think Weiss is playing fine, though he isnt playing at the level of his cap hit.

Unless we get something great back in return, I see no reason to get rid of Smith. I think the kid has a ton of upside

Andersson I really dont care, wouldn't mind replacing him with some youth.

Kindl I would agree as well, and I think he will be traded at the deadline as a salary dump.

Quincey also takes too much heat. He and DD have been great this year. I see no reason to get rid of him unless it was a good return.

Edited by kliq

Ya, even as much as I like to speculate and fantasize, I am at least going to wait to see what happens March 2 before I predict the lineup.

Any one of Jurco, Andersson, Smith, Helm, Kindl or Quincey could be gone come March 2 in a trade. Hopefully, none of Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan and Pulk are dealt on March 2. Then again nobody could be dealt.

I will say though, I do believe Franzen will go the route of Pronger retirement... Weiss MIGHT waive his NTC back to Florida is Holland tries to get Campbell...highly doubt it, but its a possibility...I do believe though, if Q is not part of a package (and he hasn't been so horrible, even though I still don't like him) I think he will play out his contract since the "kids" aren't out of options until 16-17...

Maybe Holland gets Petry or Wiz or Yandle, etc... its just too hard to predict next years team until at least March 2. Then it may all change again July 1!

Edited by LeftWinger

Capgeek is gone so I feel lost, but bare with me.

I know Nyquist and Smith are RFA this offseason (their are probably others as well, please remind me). Anyone else considering qualifying Smith and letting another team submit an offer sheet on him? The dudes 26 now and just really hasn't showed promise outside of playing with Lidstrom his freshmen year.

Letting him go might give us more money to re-sign other assets and add FA's as well

Next years D without Smitty:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Quincey - DK

Kindl - Zidlicky (pending a possible re-sign)

Ouellet/Marchenko

Sproul/Jensen

You don't think the team will look into resigning Cole and Zidlicky? They've both been pretty good since they came here.

With our depth at forward I won't be mad if Cole isn't re-signed, but I won't be sad if he parts either

Edited by number9

With our depth at forward I won't be mad if Cole isn't re-signed, but I won't be sad if he parts either

So you won't be mad or sad if he's not back... What about if he stays?

Dog person

Edited by Euro_Twins

In the off-the-wall notion category, I've been pondering the idea of switching Smith to forward. I think he has the right skillset to be a very good 4th-line grinder. Skates well, good size for a forward, can be physical, should have solid defensive acumen, plus some offensive ability. Plus having someone who could play both forward and defense is great for depth.

Of course, I have no idea how he would adapt to the position, nor do I think there's any real possibility of it happening, but fun to think about regardless.

In the off-the-wall notion category, I've been pondering the idea of switching Smith to forward. I think he has the right skillset to be a very good 4th-line grinder. Skates well, good size for a forward, can be physical, should have solid defensive acumen, plus some offensive ability. Plus having someone who could play both forward and defense is great for depth.

Of course, I have no idea how he would adapt to the position, nor do I think there's any real possibility of it happening, but fun to think about regardless.

Why would he give up defenseman money for 4th liner grinder money?

dont forget the july 1st free agent frenzy the wings will chase a top-ish Dman.

kindl will get shopped for a missing pick...maybe andersson too.

personally i think ericcson should go. too much of "not enough"

zid will come back on a 1 year and warm a spot for a (sproul, jensen, oullett.)

Tatar - Datsyuk - Pulkkinen
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdelkader
Anthansiou - Sheahan - Helm
Miller - Glendening - Jurco

Weiss rotating ???

Kronwall/Petry

Zidlicky/Smith

Quincey/Marchenko

Oullett/Sproul

cole leaves, franzen & cleary retire, andersson out somehow, gustavsson out, kindl traded.

i think cole has been the chemistry problem we have had.

he has always played with a 3rd line chaos structure and the new discipline the wings run is making him over think his role. (ala weiss)

the weiss problem has been compounded by his 4th line demotion and lack of babcock trust.

he was the "go-to" guy for years in florida...top linemates...season vets or hot kids...not grinders and brick hand players. hell, dats would lose his mojo on those lines too.

but...its too early to tell anything...yet.

Kindl out for a rookie.

Cleary out.

Pulkinnen in.

Gustavsson out for Mrazek.

Andersson maybe out.

Anyone wanting a lot of changes is going to be disappointed.

Pretty much this. I would be absolutely shocked if they found someone to take Weiss' contract at this point. No one's going to touch Mule, IMO - he's either done and stuck on LTIR or he'll play for Detroit. Honestly, I think that Cleary and Gustavasson are the only surefire bets to leave. I'm really hoping they find a suitor for Kindl, and I'd like them to part ways with Andersson and give Callahan a crack at that 4th line RW spot.

I think getting rid of Weiss would be very difficult. Quincey deserves to stay as well. Would also like to see miller removed and replaced with someone physical

Miller has 98 hits, 4th on the team. Helm, Glendening, and Abdelkader have more.