• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PredsFanTheBayouState

Nashville Predators to Host Alumni Game vs. Detroit Red Wings

Rate this topic

Nashville, Tenn. (February 20, 2015) – On Saturday, Feb. 28, alumni from the Nashville Predators and Detroit Red Wings will take to the Bridgestone Arena ice for a special Alumni Game contest. Puck drop for the Alumni Game is 5 p.m. CT, following the matinee matchup between the Nashville Predators and Detroit Red Wings (2 p.m. CT, FOX Sports Tennessee, 102.5 The Game). In addition to the Alumni Game, special weekend events include a visit from the Stanley Cup (photo opportunities will be available during Saturday’s game) and alumni autograph signings.

In net for the Preds alumni squad will be Tomas Vokoun, who is making his first appearance in Nashville since his retirement from the NHL. Vokoun, who joined the Preds in the Expansion Draft of 1998, played 383 games with the team, recording 161 wins, a 2.54 goals-against average and a .913 save percentage. In addition to his appearance in Saturday’s game, Vokoun will be honored during the first period of Thursday’s game against the Minnesota Wild (7:30 p.m., NBC Sports, 102.5 The Game) and available for fan photos during both intermissions on Thursday.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=754279

I don't always get there. Did we win, or the Preds? I don't even care. Igor?? Fisch?? Drake?? THE CUP??? I must have done something right, to get to see this, too.

i was just joking with you,don't really expect anybody to remember a game that happened Feb 28th,2009 and the preds won that one 8-0

I just found this gem... I think it fits here.... well its not a alumni, but involves the preds.

G3GB5OO.gif

Oh my god.

That's the greatest thing I've ever seen.

I took my nieces out to eat at olgas, and my mother and sister met us there and they just took the little ones to the restroom. so I'm sitting in Olgas all by myself laughing like a jackass.

Ha

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

sorry for hijacking the tread. It would be a great Alumni Game.... in 10 years when the teams have enough retire players to make the interesting.

this is the last comment I promise.

After debating that this is fake gif this tread was epic. Edit: Reddit url

[–]Tkavil 72 points

2 hours ago

How is this fake?

I was at this game, this man was shovelling the ice right before the 3rd period however the ref didn't notice him and dropped the puck. Detroit won the draw so rather than continue and risk a too many men penalty, they substituted one of their forwards and let him join the play. I heard this morning that they signed him to a 1yr 900k deal, he'll most likely be with the Grand Rapid Griffins for about 12 years though before getting called up again.

[–]MapleLeafsBear 15 points

2 hours ago

That's just how Detroit develops their players -- spend 8 years in the AHL while playing with a shovel. Once you learn how to score with a shovel you get a stick.

[–]CunnedStunt [score hidden]

an hour ago

"Back home, we fight bear with shovel. So I come to Detroit with already shovel experience. They tell me score with shovel, so I score with shovel, and now I am score with stick in NHL." - Pavel Datsyuk

Edited by Smite

Thank you.

And itll be cool to have the alumni game.

I'm kinda amazed Nashville has enough players retired to be able to ice a team though.

Do i see jiri fischer name on the red wings roster,Glad that he is able to take part in the Alumni game,I remember crying my eyes out when he went into cardiac arrest in a November 2005 game,Glad that the doctors and other arena personnels were able to save his life

Do i see jiri fischer name on the red wings roster,Glad that he is able to take part in the Alumni game,I remember crying my eyes out when he went into cardiac arrest in a November 2005 game,Glad that the doctors and other arena personnels were able to save his life

Yeah, he plays in alumni games , he just can't do the full on stuff.

And it was scary.

I thought for sure I was watching someone die when it happened, the medics responded well.

And I actually haven't seen the roster for this game, I was just saying its amazing how Nashville can ice a roster.

Yeah, he plays in alumni games , he just can't do the full on stuff.

And it was scary.

I thought for sure I was watching someone die when it happened, the medics responded well.

And I actually haven't seen the roster for this game, I was just saying its amazing how Nashville can ice a roster.

Detroit Red Wings Roster

Eddie Mio

Dallas Drake

Petr Klima

Joey Kocur

Mike Krushelnyski

Igor Larionov

Kirk Maltby

John Ogrodnick

Mickey Redmond

Tim Taylor

Sergei Samsonov

Jiri Fischer

Jason Woolley

George Bowman

*Rosters subject to change.

Nashville Predators Roster

Stu Grimson

Jim McKenzie

Blake Geoffrion

Dan Keczmer

Jay More

Phil Housley

Scott Nichol

Troy Vollhoffer

J-P Dumont

Cliff Ronning

Tomas Vokoun

Terry Crisp (Coach)

Brent Peterson (Coach)

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState

I didn't know the grim reaper played for Nashville.

Thanks for posting the roster BTW, its an awful small lineup.

But I guess it doesn't have to be a full 23 man team.

Ha.

Having vokoun in net will be cool to see

by the grim reaper,you mean stu grimson,yeah,he played his last season of his career in Nashville

by the grim reaper,you mean stu grimson,yeah,he played his last season of his career in Nashville

I indeed did mean stu "the grim reaper" grimson.

I don't recall him having played there, ya learn something new everyday.

Why is Sergei Samsonov playing for the Wings?

Thats a real maple leaf of a decision putting him on the wings.

Samsonov is a member of the Wings alumni association. Quite a few guys in there who never played for the Wings, most seem to have some kind of connection to the area or team. The alumni assoc. is a charity thing, they do a lot of events throughout the year. Not really alumni games in the WC sense, though I imagine the one against Nashville will be a bit closer than normal.

Samsonov is a member of the Wings alumni association. Quite a few guys in there who never played for the Wings, most seem to have some kind of connection to the area or team. The alumni assoc. is a charity thing, they do a lot of events throughout the year. Not really alumni games in the WC sense, though I imagine the one against Nashville will be a bit closer than normal.

Yeah, apparently they just did an alumni game at yack ice arena(wyandotte) a few weeks ago, i find it slightly odd at how little you hear about these games.

I took a look at the contract agreement for playing a game with the alumni, and this is one of the stipulations :D :

• The Opponent agrees to provide the DRWA with a post game meal immediately following the game (DRWA players not obligated to attend). In addition, pre-game and during game refreshments with ice shall be provided by supplying 2 cases of assorted soft drinks, 2 cases of water and 3 cases of beer.