• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PredsFanTheBayouState

Nashville Predators to Host Alumni Game vs. Detroit Red Wings

Rate this topic

Eddie Mio was in net, and he was hilarious. He would dive to make a save. Two or three players would have to go help him get up. :)

The entire thing was hilarious, but it was meant to be. Mickey Redmond looked AWESOME, as he always does, the Professor was fantastic, Jiri Fischer looked great... they all smiled the entire game, except for Petr Klima - who just looked determined. He was also wonderful. Vokoun was great, but then again, we have to remember that most of the Preds 'alumni' have been retired a few years, not 20 or more, like the real veteran Wings.

Stu Grimson was the un-official M.C., anointing Tim Taylor - former Red Wing - as Game MVP, for doing... pretty much absolutely nothing. LOL~ All in good fun, poor Tim got a shaving cream pie in the face as his MVP award. Asked how it felt he said, "that doesn't even taste good."

After the great game we had just seen, Wings winning over the Preds 4-3 (yesss!!!!! it was sweet!!!), the pace of the Alumni Game was much slower, but very entertaining. It was so much fun to see the guys out there, having a blast. The arena was a third full, which probably wouldn't have happened if this was in Detroit. Preds fans were a bit miffed that the Wings won, perhaps? ^_^

Here are a few pics, sorry they are a bit fuzzy. It was hard to get good shots on my phone.

You know this guy! Igor Larionov. He looked great out there!

20150228_170840-1_zpsrnh86e6b.jpg

and this amazing man, Mickey Redmond. He, along with a lot of true veterans, skated without lids...

mickeyredmond%20WP%20Alum%202015_zpskg1m

Here is the team photo:

2015%20Wings_Preds%20Alumni_zpsdta1secz.

Again, so sorry it's fuzzy.... Mickey and John Ogrodnick at far right, front row. Igor and Fisch, behind him, on the left

And I have to show you what I got to finally see in person:

20150301_221311_zpsjp4xyykd.jpg

Me on the left, and my dear friend Kristi (ChelisChick) on the right. Stanley in the middle. :wub:

This was a thrill, let me tell you!

Wish you ALL had been there for the fun.