• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/21 GDT : Red Wings 7 at Dallas Stars 6 (OT)

Rate this topic

That was a fun game to watch. Marchy keeps on impressing with his keep ins in the offensive zone and his positioning coming back into the defensive zone. How nice would it be to pick up a decent RH D at the trade deadline? Petry for Kindl and a 2nd sounds fair to me.

Falling shovel man is my current favorite meme and this is amazing

LOL Best part is when he whips the shovel at the end.

Well the one that allowed 6 got pulled.

Both of them were in there way too long. Not often you see a goalie let in 6 goals and still be in the game, or even be allowed to get to that point. lol

Edited by chaps80

WOW, just watched the highlights ... edge of your seat action, incredible.

Datsyuk's 1st goal making it 2-1 .. amazing.

Sweet sweet win .. is there a way that you can just buy one game from NHL? This one is worth it!

Edited by RedWingsRox

It bothers me that we never "lobby" effectively when other teams complain about officiating.

In the 2nd period significant contact was made with Jimmy Howard on two of Dallas's goals. We don't complain at all about it...not one little complaint.

So in the mad scramble at the end of this crazy game, Abdel clearly pushes Lehtonen and you would think the whole game was ruined for Dallas on that one play:

"I just got kind of pushed in the net and the puck was sliding the other way at the same time," Lehtonen said. "It's weird how they can look at some things from the video and that kind of thing, they cannot. They got it wrong."

Ruff was blunt.

"There's no explanation. It's inexcusable. It ruined a hell of a hockey game, bottom line," he said.

Never mind the fact that the play occurs with 2 minutes left, we could have scored without the push or later in the period. The whole game was not decided on that one play.

Babcock needs to "lobby" a little bit better or else moving forward, every time we breathe on a goalie the refs will call a 2 minute goalie interference penalty. He should point out all the goalie contact in the 2nd period and it appears that the refs were allowing significant goalie contact in this game.

It doesn't help that our players (like Kronwall) after the game say how we got "lucky". That is not true. It was an up and down game...we ended up winning and got 2 points to their 1.

Sometimes the taking the "high road" thing can go too far.

All that being said, Abdel needs to keep his wits about him a bit better...he tends to make some bone headed moves that result in unnecessary penalties (or goals taken away when he is hanging out in the crease).

It bothers me that we never "lobby" effectively when other teams complain about officiating.

In the 2nd period significant contact was made with Jimmy Howard on two of Dallas's goals. We don't complain at all about it...not one little complaint.

"There's no explanation. It's inexcusable. It ruined a hell of a hockey game, bottom line," he said.

Never mind the fact that the play occurs with 2 minutes left, we could have scored without the push or later in the period. The whole game was not decided on that one play.

In this case, I guess we have to remember that in 1999, Lindy Ruff was the coach of the team victimized by the worst no-goal call in the history of modern hockey, so he may be a little sensitive. ;)

Edited by puckloo39