• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Zetterberg leaves after 2nd Period; "upper body injury"

Rate this topic

man I hope he doesn't have a concussion we don't need our captain out with that s*** its bad enough franzen is basicly mia

Franzen being out is OK with me. Rather his spot be filled by one of the kids who actually wants to play. Hope Z will be alright and back in the lineup soon.

Franzen being out is OK with me. Rather his spot be filled by one of the kids who actually wants to play. Hope Z will be alright and back in the lineup soon.

oh youmissunderstood I don't care about franzen being out just how his out because it sucks a concussion

Someone being out with a concussion shouldn't be "OK" with anyone. Just because a player isn't what he once was, doesn't mean his health doesn't matter.

I hate this kind of crap. Outside of combat sports, only in hockey can punching a person in the head just be considered a minor thing.

It's not as bad, but it reminds me of when Gary Roberts randomly punched Franzen in the head in either 08 or 09. That kind of thing can haunt a player, just look at Franzen now.

With his surgically repaired finger I'm guessing Ericsson must be more careful if/when he chooses to engage in fisticuffs.

It's these incidents that makes ya wish we had a Dmac on the team to settle the score, but again...

Yeah. He was interviewed by FSD tonight, between periods, after the Benn fight and also during the first intermission after the MacKinnon fight in the Colodado game. In both interviews he said that he's reluctant to fight because he's gotten hurt in fights in the past. I think he's obviously just trying to stay healthy. He actually looks and sounds like he has no fear of dropping the gloves.

Edited by rick zombo

Someone being out with a concussion shouldn't be "OK" with anyone. Just because a player isn't what he once was, doesn't mean his health doesn't matter.

I hate this kind of crap. Outside of combat sports, only in hockey can punching a person in the head just be considered a minor thing.

It's not as bad, but it reminds me of when Gary Roberts randomly punched Franzen in the head in either 08 or 09. That kind of thing can haunt a player, just look at Franzen now.

I was talking in general. Him having a concussion is'nt something I think is good. I just like not having him in the lineup, for reasons that have been beat to death on these boards.

I don't think Z is seriously injured, I just think the Wings are being extra cautious with our key players this year. Remember how little Pav played to start the year because they wanted to make sure he was 100% before he played. To be honest, I don't mind Z having a few games off. He has looked tired out there so maybe rest up for a week or so and come back when we are home next would not be the worst thing for Z and the team.

I'm hoping Z is fine, and if he is, some rest won't hurt. If it is a concussion, there will be the chance to pay Benn back next season with a clean hit or twelve as I don't believe they face Dallas again this year.

I know the center match ups are not pretty, but Pavel is capable of putting on his backpack and carrying the team. Heck, he did it in he third and OT. If the rest of the team responds, look out. Still, let's keep hoping. Hank is fine until we hear otherwise.