• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/24 GDT : Red Wings 0 at Kings 1

Rate this topic

Why so many commercials this period? Breaks are scheduled at less than minute 14, 10, and 6, with maybe one or two unscheduled ones. I feel like there has been double that this period.

Was wondering that myself. Seemed excessive.

How many times have we been shut out his season? Seems like aside from a few hot streaks we at way too easy to shut down.

Three times - good for a spot in the bottom ten of the league. The only teams who have yet to be shut out are Tampa and (oddly enough) Ottawa.

This game reinforced a worry of mine. I'm hesitant to draw too many conclusions from one game, but I've had this sneaking suspicion that without another big winger capable of playing in the top six we'll be too easy to push outside and forced to play on the perimeter. LA is a hard team to draw conclusions from because they're big, strong, AND fast. I wouldn't worry about this against a team like Boston. They're slow. Our transition game will eat them alive so no need to play in the crease. But LA can stop our transition AND keep us out of the crease. That ain't good. As much as we need a good puck moving d-man, I still think we need a big winger that can play in the crease. Another Abby.

Also, kudos to LA for being awesome at puck retrieval. If you go into the boards with a King, he's coming out with the puck. Those are some tough sons of guns. Yet another reason why I want a pit bull like Wisniewski.

This game reinforced a worry of mine. I'm hesitant to draw too many conclusions from one game, but I've had this sneaking suspicion that without another big winger capable of playing in the top six we'll be too easy to push outside and forced to play on the perimeter. LA is a hard team to draw conclusions from because they're big, strong, AND fast. I wouldn't worry about this against a team like Boston. They're slow. Our transition game will eat them alive so no need to play in the crease. But LA can stop our transition AND keep us out of the crease. That ain't good. As much as we need a good puck moving d-man, I still think we need a big winger that can play in the crease. Another Abby.

Also, kudos to LA for being awesome at puck retrieval. If you go into the boards with a King, he's coming out with the puck. Those are some tough sons of guns. Yet another reason why I want a pit bull like Wisniewski.

They were slow last year too. I know we're much better, but I still don't want to see Boston in the first round. Thankfully it would take a whole lot of suck by us and a whole lot of great by them for it to happen, so I think we'll get a skating series in the 1st round.

I was at the game last night. The ice was so sloppy, the puck just was just bouncing everywhere and would not settle for the guys. I would not be surprised if the ice crew did that on purpose to slow it down. The Kings big defense also make our guys too timid to go to the front of the net, and they seemed hesitant to shoot with no traffic too. Still an entertaining game though.

They were slow last year too. I know we're much better, but I still don't want to see Boston in the first round. Thankfully it would take a whole lot of suck by us and a whole lot of great by them for it to happen, so I think we'll get a skating series in the 1st round.

You're right. We're much better this year, and despite the final outcome of the series looking lopsided (4-1), I actually thought we were in pretty much all those games last season. I think we'd spank the Bruins this year. Healthy Dats, Z, Helm, plus improvements by the kids, Quincey, and Jimmy means we walk away with a series against the B's IMO.

They just aren't a great matchup for this team. If the Wings make the playoffs the Bruins style is built around elite goaltending and a heavy for check..wings don't do well against that combination.

Kings like usual have found their playoff button and Quick is well quick again.

I want gus in against the sharks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. But you know Jimmy will get the start. I'll be VERY surprised if he doesn't. I want Jimmy to do well, just like many of us do. Nothing against him whatsoever, but I think Gus could push him out of the #1 spot if given the chance.

Same. But you know Jimmy will get the start. I'll be VERY surprised if he doesn't. I want Jimmy to do well, just like many of us do. Nothing against him whatsoever, but I think Gus could push him out of the #1 spot if given the chance.

Jonas Gustavsson couldn't push James Reimer out of the #1 spot in Toronto give copious chances. I'm not sure he's going to outplay Jimmy over the long haul.

Jonas Gustavsson couldn't push James Reimer out of the #1 spot in Toronto give copious chances. I'm not sure he's going to outplay Jimmy over the long haul.

True enough, but everyone sucks when they get to Toronto at some point or another. lol I dunno, just feel more confident with Gus in net. He def deserves to start against SJ after his performance last night anyways. They need to show good play is rewarded. That the #1 spot isn't just given to you because of how much money you make or how long you've been with the team. Just like when Mrazek got the start when Jimmy and Gus were both good to go. Babs felt he deserved it.

Gustavsson isn't that good. Hes a career backup and will be nothing more.

He looked good lastnight but for every game he looks good he has one where he looks bad. He is way too aggressive and has bad positioning. He doesn't handle getting scored on very well and has questionable confidence.

He looks better then he actually is when he makes a save because he plays so erratic and fast. It makes each save look better then it was. Also, he gives up alot of close proximity rebounds, but tends to save them more often then not.

I say this as a 50/50 Jimmy supporter

Gustavsson isn't that good. Hes a career backup and will be nothing more.

He looked good lastnight but for every game he looks good he has one where he looks bad. He is way too aggressive and has bad positioning. He doesn't handle getting scored on very well and has questionable confidence.

He looks better then he actually is when he makes a save because he plays so erratic and fast. It makes each save look better then it was. Also, he gives up alot of close proximity rebounds, but tends to save them more often then not.

I say this as a 50/50 Jimmy supporter

I suppose you can call Jimmy's confidence questionable too though. When he gets scored on, he usually lets in a goal or two within a short period of time afterward. There are just some goalies that don't handle being scored on or getting pulled well. Luongo is one, and he's considered "elite" by many. Jimmy has bad rebound control too, and more often than not, does'nt save them. As for being too aggressive, Mrazek has the same problem, and he's like the second coming of Jesus around here.

Long as the pucks stay out, play that goaltender imo.