• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeonardSankar

Is Jimmy Our Playoff Goalie?

Rate this topic

Maybe before we leave LA the Kings will trade us Quick for Kindl and Jurco? It worked in my NHL15 game :lol:

FYI, Howard has a better SV% in the playoffs then the regular reason, of course he'll be our goalie in the playoffs. This is probably the best Red Wings team since Howard's been the starting goalie. Maybe 2010-11 was better, but not by much.

Speaking of bishop, has anyone seen his new mask yet?

It glows in the dark.

Which I don't fully understand.

It's tron themed. And pretty badass, imo.

I agree they probably turn off the lights in the rink at some point before games/after warm-up and that's why they added that.

This will be our 6th straight try with Jimmy in net in the playoffs. If it's another early exit, which it probably will be if we have to play anyone from our division, then I'd think we have to look towards Mrazek. He's a much cheaper option at this point and Howard isn't horrible so he'd probably get us a decent return back in a trade.

I'll tell ya that this team lacks a lot of grit come playoff time. There's a tenacity, bite and snarl that they seem to lack which usually the other team we play seems to have more of come playoff time. We get intimidated and our shot selections become awful. Not one player around for rebounds and opponents pushing our guys out of the middle to prevent decent scoring chances. That's what I've seen so far the past 5 years. Jimmy skating into the corner to follow 3 Wing defensemen covering one Nashville player who one timed it to Klein into a wide open net sealed the deal for me. Not sure which buffonery was worse, Howard's or the 3 Wings players.

Hope we can get things back on track because I don't feel we have a big enough lead on Boston and Washington for some reason and we still got some tough teams to play. Things seemed greater 3 weeks ago when we were 1st seed. Now things are getting real tight. Gut check time, boys. Let's beat San Jose!

This will be our 6th straight try with Jimmy in net in the playoffs. If it's another early exit, which it probably will be if we have to play anyone from our division, then I'd think we have to look towards Mrazek. He's a much cheaper option at this point and Howard isn't horrible so he'd probably get us a decent return back in a trade.

I'll tell ya that this team lacks a lot of grit come playoff time. There's a tenacity, bite and snarl that they seem to lack which usually the other team we play seems to have more of come playoff time. We get intimidated and our shot selections become awful. Not one player around for rebounds and opponents pushing our guys out of the middle to prevent decent scoring chances. That's what I've seen so far the past 5 years. Jimmy skating into the corner to follow 3 Wing defensemen covering one Nashville player who one timed it to Klein into a wide open net sealed the deal for me. Not sure which buffonery was worse, Howard's or the 3 Wings players.

Hope we can get things back on track because I don't feel we have a big enough lead on Boston and Washington for some reason and we still got some tough teams to play. Things seemed greater 3 weeks ago when we were 1st seed. Now things are getting real tight. Gut check time, boys. Let's beat San Jose!

10 points isn't a big enough lead? We don't need to worry about Washington at all, they aren't in our division.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the toughest stretch of 10 games we have all year (ending with the Rangers first game back at home.) Despite Gustavsson playing great last night, I would put Jimmy in net against any playoff team. I don't know why people dislike Jimmy, but in this season he is absolutely the best goaltender we can put in goal.

Yes, he will be the PO starter, but I believe Mrazek will be in WHEN Jimmy s***s the bed.

That being said, Jimmy has a ton to prove this playoff. $5M+ to lose ALL the big games is asinine. If/When Jimmy s***s himself again, he should be traded in the off season. NTC or not, he can be convinced to waive it. Re-sign Monster and he will back up Mrazek. Jimmy is the main reason they lost in Anaheim, and he was the reason they nearly lost in Dallas. s***ty goals given up when his team depends on him.

Yes, he will be the PO starter, but I believe Mrazek will be in WHEN Jimmy s***s the bed.

That being said, Jimmy has a ton to prove this playoff. $5M+ to lose ALL the big games is asinine. If/When Jimmy s***s himself again, he should be traded in the off season. NTC or not, he can be convinced to waive it. Re-sign Monster and he will back up Mrazek. Jimmy is the main reason they lost in Anaheim, and he was the reason they nearly lost in Dallas. s***ty goals given up when his team depends on him.

I don't know if I would go as far as all that, but there is some truth in there. Jimmy seems like one of those goalies who has exploitable weaknesses. They don't always show themselves, but when he does s*** the bed, it is usually with bunches of similar goals. Like high rebound control or blocker side in the shootout. It's like he has occasional lapses in his fundamentals but he isn't able to immediately plug the hole.

Edited by kook_10

Pretty sure Gus will get the playoff starts before Mrazek will. Either way, I agree Howard needs to perform in the playoffs. Thats what hes paid that kinda money for. He can't be outplayed by rookie 'tenders like Gibson.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Howard gets traded even if he should absolutely stink in the playoffs this year.

Maybe not immediately but if Mrazek shows he can be a consistent NHL starter if he's given the chance next year I can see Holland trading Howard at the deadline

Maybe not immediately but if Mrazek shows he can be a consistent NHL starter if he's given the chance next year I can see Holland trading Howard at the deadline

This will only be possible if Mrazek is night and day better than Howard, which is very unlikely. I think it's far more likely that it'll happen in the following season, or perhaps over the summer if the deal is good enough. Mrazek would have to be playing Vezina-level though next year to make a case for trading Howard before next years deadline. I just don't see that happening.

Its possible it expires (I can't check capgeek to check) but Jimmy has a NMC and can't be traded unless he agrees to waive it.

He's ours at least for a couple more years regardless of his performance.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Howard gets traded even if he should absolutely stink in the playoffs this year.

Same here. But even if they shopped him, his salary is pretty high for a team to take on knowing he's a playoff disaster.

Changes of scenery can work wonders though...

Edited by chaps80

Same here. But even if they shopped him, his salary is pretty high for a team to take on knowing he's a playoff disaster.

Changes of scenery can work wonders though...

That's the thing.

He's not a playoff disaster...

He just doesn't steal you games on the playoffs.

He's far above Corey Crawford.

That's the thing.

Did'nt mean he's a playoff disaster so far. Just saying if he REALLY stinks it up this year, and they do try to move him, it could be hard. Would be really really nice if he could steal us a game.

Did'nt mean he's a playoff disaster so far. Just saying if he REALLY stinks it up this year, and they do try to move him, it could be hard. Would be really really nice if he could steal us a game.

Game one vs Boston last year.

He does steal us some games.

But he also costs us some.

That's the thing.

I've been waiting for someone to mention Crawford. In every way, Howard is better. But Crawford has a cup. Chicago won twice by scoring and good defense, and I don't think we're far off from their cup winning teams.

Is this serious #tankit

Two words on Jimmy....Manny Legace. I love the guy (Manny) but he couldn't win the playoff series...great in the regular season, but failed come big time game. Sorry Waz!

Manny Legace 2.54 GAA and .888 SP Jimmy Howard 2.53 and .920 for the playoffs

Two words on Jimmy....Manny Legace. I love the guy (Manny) but he couldn't win the playoff series...great in the regular season, but failed come big time game. Sorry Waz!

Manny Legace 2.54 GAA and .888 SP Jimmy Howard 2.53 and .920 for the playoffs