• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeonardSankar

Is Jimmy Our Playoff Goalie?

Rate this topic

Yes, he will be the PO starter, but I believe Mrazek will be in WHEN Jimmy s***s the bed.

That being said, Jimmy has a ton to prove this playoff. $5M+ to lose ALL the big games is asinine. If/When Jimmy s***s himself again, he should be traded in the off season. NTC or not, he can be convinced to waive it. Re-sign Monster and he will back up Mrazek. Jimmy is the main reason they lost in Anaheim, and he was the reason they nearly lost in Dallas. s***ty goals given up when his team depends on him.

You are just spot-picking. Jimmy also stole them two points in Chicago and was very good against Montreal too. I don't know where you get this idea Jimmy isn't reliable. If anything, he has been incredibly consistent this season.

You are just spot-picking. Jimmy also stole them two points in Chicago and was very good against Montreal too. I don't know where you get this idea Jimmy isn't reliable. If anything, he has been incredibly consistent this season.

to add: what's his record in elimination games? I'm pretty sure he's won more than he's lost.

I always find it interesting to look back at threads like these when someone brings up a point like "Is Jimmy our guy?" and the obvious answer seems to be "Of course he is, are you crazy?"

If you remember, Mrazek ended up being the guy in the playoffs last year and shows you that as a goaltender, there isn't usually a lot of job security for the starter's position. Ottawa is another good example. One goalie gets hurt and then Hammond plays out of his mind for a sustained period, gets Ottawa in the playoffs and earns the start.

I always find it interesting to look back at threads like these when someone brings up a point like "Is Jimmy our guy?" and the obvious answer seems to be "Of course he is, are you crazy?"

If you remember, Mrazek ended up being the guy in the playoffs last year and shows you that as a goaltender, there isn't usually a lot of job security for the starter's position. Ottawa is another good example. One goalie gets hurt and then Hammond plays out of his mind for a sustained period, gets Ottawa in the playoffs and earns the start.

Andersen is Ottawa's starter.

And were running a tandem.

For now anyway

...because Hammond is injured? Or because Andersen is truly their starter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure they announced Anderson as the starter at the beginning of the year.

Edit: yup, found a link. They named Anderson starter for the season but also acknowledged the need for two good goalies

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/09/13/andersons-to-carry-the-load-in-ottawa/

Edited by amato

Pretty sure they announced Anderson as the starter at the beginning of the year.

Edit: yup, found a link. They named Anderson starter for the season but also acknowledged the need for two good goalies

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/09/13/andersons-to-carry-the-load-in-ottawa/

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Wings want to be at Arcadia Bluffs, yes.

Pretty sure we've got a lot of other issues to fix before we worry about who are starting goaltender is in the playoffs. Playoffs?! Playoffs? Queue Jim Mora please.

No problem. I think by the end of next season Hammond will be their starter though.. or at the very least move onto a situation like we have with Jimmy and mraz.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if that's what they were planning to roll with this season before Hammond get injured or not. It's not a horrible thing to have going.

As far as what's happening with the Wings and goalies:

I'm still under the belief that rolling with the tandem is the right thing to do for both goalies and the team.

It's one thing that, right now, Blash really doesn't have to worry about. Why change it?

Both seem to be unselfish and the switching off between games is keeping both of them fresh.

It seems that not having a true number one is working out just fine for us.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when/if we get to the playoffs.