• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Couture suspen.....no wait, just fined pocket change

Rate this topic

Logan Couture has been fined a measly $5k for his dangerous slew foot of Brendan Smith.

And the NHL wonders why they're not taken seriously.

The league is only allowed to fine him $5K. And there's a pretty good likelihood that it's the NHLPA who placed this restriction on league disciplinarians. It wouldn't make much sense for the league to limit a decision that is theirs to make. It would be a lot like a parent voluntarily putting a legal cap on the number of days they can ground their child (i.e. it would be dumb).

Edited by kipwinger

I don't get it...

Logan Couture has been fined for slew footing. But there was NO slew footing penalty in the game: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20142015/GS020916.HTM

Official NHL game reports does NOT have any match penalty for Logan f****** Couture (and if there were slew-footing) Rule 52.2 says: "Match Penalty - Any player who is guilty of slew-footing shall be assessed a match penalty."

So why on earth NHL fined Logan when they should fine Chris or Kyle?

ps. NHL needs to update its Video Rule Book's Slew - Footing section (http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=68557#rb_slew_footing) with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=surN1mVIByY#

Edited by ami

I don't get it...

Logan Couture has been fined for slew footing. But there was NO slew footing penalty in the game: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20142015/GS020916.HTM

Official NHL game reports does NOT have any match penalty for Logan f****** Couture (and if there were slew-footing) Rule 52.2 says: "Match Penalty - Any player who is guilty of slew-footing shall be assessed a match penalty."

So why on earth NHL fined Logan when they should fine Chris or Kyle?

Because there doesn't have to be a penalty assessed for the league to discipline dirty play. Hence, the term "supplemental discipline".

Because there doesn't have to be a penalty assessed for the league to discipline dirty play. Hence, the term "supplemental discipline".

Well, it seems it doesn't work either way. Even if there were a penalty in the game, it wont necessarily results in any discipline (*even if* it is required by the Rule: remember Malkin's instigator at the end of the game and no suspension).

NHL should put their s*** together, show some consistence and discipline referees for utter mistakes would be a good start.

Edited by ami

I know there's people who think the refs are out to get us and people who think those people should skip that third bowl of crack for breakfast, but when has anyone gotten a suspension for something they've done to one of the Wings' stars? A couple of fines, but I can't think of a suspension off the top of my head. Not to say it hasn't happened, but we do seem to be getting the short end of the justice stick.

:lol: That is only 0.00083% of his $6,000,000 salary....that'd be like me getting fined $67! I have a feeling I'd miss the $67 more than he is going to miss the $5000. NHLPA is some bulls***. In the video he even lifted his leg way back in the opposite direction to get a good whack at Smith. I've never seen a worse slew foot, and am I hearing right that Smith is the one who got a hooking penalty on the play? Wow NHL, Wow....

:lol: That is only 0.00083% of his $6,000,000 salary....that'd be like me getting fined $67! I have a feeling I'd miss the $67 more than he is going to miss the $5000. NHLPA is some COMPLETE bulls***. In the video he even lifted his leg way back in the opposite direction to get a good whack at Smith. I've never seen a worse slew foot, and am I hearing right that Smith is the one who got a hooking penalty on the play? Wow NHL, Wow....

fixed

:lol: That is only 0.00083% of his $6,000,000 salary....that'd be like me getting fined $67! I have a feeling I'd miss the $67 more than he is going to miss the $5000. NHLPA is some bulls***. In the video he even lifted his leg way back in the opposite direction to get a good whack at Smith. I've never seen a worse slew foot, and am I hearing right that Smith is the one who got a hooking penalty on the play? Wow NHL, Wow....

You make $80,000 a year

I know there's people who think the refs are out to get us and people who think those people should skip that third bowl of crack for breakfast, but when has anyone gotten a suspension for something they've done to one of the Wings' stars? A couple of fines, but I can't think of a suspension off the top of my head. Not to say it hasn't happened, but we do seem to be getting the short end of the justice stick.

Agreed. Look at the spear to the crotch by Lucic on DeKeyser Edited by mvanpop

Malkin 3rd man in 09' finals. Weber slamming Z's head into the glass in the playoffs. Lucic spearing Dekeyser in the groin. Benn assaulting Z.

League really doesn't like suspending people for infractions against Detroit.

Kostopoulos did get suspended 6 games though when he blindsided Brad Stuart a couple years ago and gave him the broken jaw.

Malkin 3rd man in 09' finals. Weber slamming Z's head into the glass in the playoffs. Lucic spearing Dekeyser in the groin. Benn assaulting Z.

League really doesn't like suspending people for infractions against Detroit.

Kostopoulos did get suspended 6 games though when he blindsided Brad Stuart a couple years ago and gave him the broken jaw.

See the trend there though? The only guy that got suspended was'nt a star player. Well, Lucic is borderline. Huge double standard when it comes to scrubs and stars in this league.

It also could be the fight within the NHL between keeping the rugged enforcer days of the past (maybe not so long ago) and the skill, speed, and finesse game the red wings play and what could be the future of the game. If the league punishes for roughing up a "weak" team and they'll send a message about the future of the game.