• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Red Wings acquire Erik Cole, conditional 3rd from Stars

Rate this topic

Janmark and Backman had virtually no value. They were throw ins.

Especially Backman!

When he quit the Griffins and ran home to MaMa cuz things weren't going his way I figured he would never wear the Winged Wheel.

Cole is essentially what the Wings hope Abby becomes. Scored 35 goals with MTL in 2012 and has won a cup. He is a great skater too, you'll notice both Z, Weiss, and Holland have commented on his speed and skating for a guy his size. Great pickup for the cost of the market right now. Could be the difference making it further in the playoffs for us. Haters gonna hate on here bc thats what they do but it was a great two days for the organization.

It's really this simple. Why is this so hard to see?

Because people see 36-years-old and automatically jump to the "typical Holland" conclusion. Which obviously was true for awhile, but this team isn't a bunch of dudes approaching retirement anymore. Two things I love about the Cole move especially: he adds size/physicality and he skates well, which doesn't negate the Wings biggest strength at forward. If Cole was 36 and slow, I wouldn't be as thrilled.

Holland had his best deadline/July 1st moment in years. He definitely deserves a ton of praise for making the Red Wings better for the playoffs, while not sacrificing any of their major pieces of the future.

Interesting lines from practice:

Lines: Jurco-Datsyuk-Tatar Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Cole Weiss-Sheahan-Nyquist Miller-Andersson-Glendening Cleary rotating in.

Ddn't expect to see Abby and Cole on the same line. I could see Jurco switching lines with Abby or Cole mid game tommorrow if they haven't generated much offense

That 2nd line should wreck havoc. With those two gritty big bodies + Z it must be very hard to take the puck away from them. Their only problem might be speed.

True. They should put helm in the middle. You did mean Z right? He is the slowest of that group.

I'd love to see that top line stick. I've been wanting to see Tatar - Datsyuk - Jurco for an extended period of time since training camp. Love it.

You don't say. ;):lol::bye:

Edited by e_prime

Ní dhéanann number9

On topic, Eric Cole is swell :lol:

Gaelic is such an ugly language. Do yourself a favor and learn something with a little bit of class. You're better than that.

I'm gonna need some stats and science to back that up, logic man.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Ní dhéanann number9

On topic, Eric Cole is swell :lol:

I'm gonna need some stats and science to back that up, logic man.

There's quite a lot of research to suggest that the Arabic language regularly uses more sophisticated, and a greater number of, literary devices than any other language.

Anyway, how about that Erik Cole huh?